Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would be gutted if we got rid of Ben White.

Dunk has probably only got a couple of years left 'at the top' and he's not going to be able to keep playing every game, week in, week out, like he has been doing so incredibly all these years.

Therefore I see White as our future captain once Dunky steps down.
Dunk probably has 6 or 7 more years at the top. Centre halfs, like goalkeepers, mature with age.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Dunk has probably only got a couple of years left 'at the top' and he's not going to be able to keep playing every game, week in, week out, like he has been doing so incredibly all these years.

No chance, Ben White will be gone way before Dunk is.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove

I agree, If Bissouma go, club should do everything to keep White

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can't see him playing week in, week out in the Premier League at 37yrs old, no chance.

Modern CB's need to be quick and play the ball and Dunky does like a last ditch tackle :lolol:

Actually, I agree. I must admit I thought he was 28 but he'll be 30 in November. Make it 4 or 5 years then.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It’s what we want though.

As a club. This is the model we aspire to have. Be entirely self sufficient, buy smartly, develop players and sell for huge profit. Rinse and repeat.

The model doesn’t work if we don’t sell the players, right?

The club has subtly been saying this all year. Dave Jones even made it clear what we are missing is the selling of the players.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The club has subtly been saying this all year. Dave Jones even made it clear what we are missing is the selling of the players.

As soon as we have sold a couple of players to the biggest clubs, we will suddenly become a whole lot more attractive to potential targets.

Once we can demonstrate that we can help the best young players get to the top, the big agents, who are the gatekeepers, will be more keen to help us.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I expect the vast majority of any transfer fees we get, however big they might be to be sunk into stemming the losses from Covid and TB’s (Albions) losses over the last few years. I’m sure being self sustainable is going to be high on TB’s list not losing 50 million plus a year.

For this reason I don’t see a marquee signing of any sort, not even up front.

There are gonna be lots of “lack of ambition” hissy fits on here at the close of the window imo.
Quite. The whole point of the sustainability model is selling players! The breakthrough we've still got to make is actually selling a player for BIG money - at the moment other clubs look at Brighton as a club that's never sold anybody for much more than £10M, so assume we're going to be cheap - hence Arsenal speculating that they'll easily get Bissouma for £30M max. - and that that would be doing us a favour and little Brighton would be grateful! If Biss was playing for, say, Southampton or Leicester, they'd know the bidding would start at £50M and wouldn't question it if they wanted him. We need to get that first big sale over the line before we can kick on.
I for one would be quite disappointed if we did splash out on a marquee signing - apart from renewing Welbeck - it would feel like we weren't keeping to our principles. We might just have to live with hissy fits though ................

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
1c2399047daf152ad59101b816af1904.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good to see that it has reached trying to analyse footballers social media posts time of year. Odds on it has nothing to do with a transfer

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Good to see that it has reached trying to analyse footballers social media posts time of year. Odds on it has nothing to do with a transfer

Is that exactly what pre season is all about?

Could be about anything, sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
99% of Brighton fans will wish him well when he moves on. Will always be a few idiots around, as there are with every club.
Nothing on this tweet to directly suggest anything about a move or reaction to it.
I think most are resigned to the fact that he won't be with us next season.
My thoughts are 'good luck to him. Has always done his best for us, and ultimately it's a win-win. We make big bucks from the transfer, Yves gets to meet his professional and financial ambitions'.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Looks for all the world like yer typical EPL tvvat starting to believe in their own über hype :tosser:

Would maybe do better focussing on the here and now - and his shite unfocussed shooting boots. He ain't all that - no matter what the echo chamber tells him :shrug:

Congratulations on being the only Brighton fan who thinks Bissouma ‘ain’t all that’.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Congratulations on being the only Brighton fan who thinks Bissouma ‘ain’t all that’.

Can't help being six months ahead of the NSC echo chamber. Same as it ever was :shrug:

Do I get a bonus point for 'Pogba aint all that'? Least not any time I ever saw him play against the Albion. And ManU are quite rightly talking about making Pogra the small change makeweight in this transfer window in exchange for a proper player :wave:

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Can't help being six months ahead of the NSC echo chamber. Same as it ever was :shrug:

Do I get a bonus point for 'Pogba aint all that'? Least not any time I ever saw him play against the Albion. And ManU are quite rightly talking about making Pogra the small change makeweight in this transfer window in exchange for a proper player :wave:

So you think in 6 months time no one on here will rate Bissouma?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It’s what we want though.

As a club. This is the model we aspire to have. Be entirely self sufficient, buy smartly, develop players and sell for huge profit. Rinse and repeat.

The model doesn’t work if we don’t sell the players, right?

Also have an ambition to be an established top 10 club which is ****ing difficult to do if the best players leave the first time an ESL-ready club comes sniffing. Any of our players can leave, but ONLY when the chairman/owner/fan says "make it so". And as an article said in the Athletic the other day, do not piss a chairman off in any transfer dealings because that's when the portcullis goes down whatever tactics and agent and player might employ. In Tony I/we trust.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Also have an ambition to be an established top 10 club which is ****ing difficult to do if the best players leave the first time an ESL-ready club comes sniffing. Any of our players can leave, but ONLY when the chairman/owner/fan says "make it so". And as an article said in the Athletic the other day, do not piss a chairman off in any transfer dealings because that's when the portcullis goes down whatever tactics and agent and player might employ. In Tony I/we trust.

Leicester have managed to become an established top 6 side despite selling a top player or two every summer. It is the correct policy for a club of our size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here