Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
According to the Liverpool correspondent at The Athletic, Bissouma isn’t a target for them. With Arsenal and Liverpool now out of the running, I’m starting to wonder if he’ll get a big move.

He doesn’t need everyone to be after him; he’s so good that someone will offer Tony what he wants, don’t kid yourself.

The Manchester clubs have gaps to fill.

Fernandinho must be replaced for Citeh.

After watching the Villarreal match, Fred and McTominay are clearly a level below Biss. Utd would have a better midfield with our man.

In addition, a club like PSG or Bayern could offer very big bucks once they’ve finished shopping at Reading. I wasn’t impressed with the PSG DMs in the Citeh matches.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can see him here for another season.

which would be nice

I saw this on quote on a local news site:

“Brighton chairman Tony Bloom believes the "vast majority" of the club's players will be with the side for the start of next season.”

Normally, the party line is:

“Brighton chairman Tony Bloom has stated that the club do not have to sell any players. He explained that any players the club wanted to keep would be with the side for the start of next season.”

We won’t have all three of Lamptey, Bissouma or White next season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

“Brighton chairman Tony Bloom believes the "vast majority" of the club's players will be with the side for the start of next season.”

“Brighton chairman Tony Bloom has stated that the club do not have to sell any players. He explained that any players the club wanted to keep would be with the side for the start of next season.”

Now that’s a post to book mark

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
He doesn’t need everyone to be after him; he’s so good that someone will offer Tony what he wants, don’t kid yourself.

The Manchester clubs have gaps to fill.

Fernandinho must be replaced for Citeh.

After watching the Villarreal match, Fred and McTominay are clearly a level below Biss. Utd would have a better midfield with our man.

In addition, a club like PSG or Bayern could offer very big bucks once they’ve finished shopping at Reading. I wasn’t impressed with the PSG DMs in the Citeh matches.

Funny I thought mctominay would be the reason they didn’t sign bissouma I’d say he’s been very good all season and one of the few who comes out with any credit against vilarreal

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Much as its been flagged that Biss would like a move and we won't stand in his way, I'm still not convinced that any clubs will be splashing the cash enough in this mid/post-pandemic window to persuade TB that he's getting full value.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Funny I thought mctominay would be the reason they didn’t sign bissouma I’d say he’s been very good all season and one of the few who comes out with any credit against vilarreal

Lacks Bissouma's dynamism, mobility and astonishing tackling abilities but chips in with some critical goals each season. I suspect we'll be saying the same about Moder soon.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

I was similarly struck by Bloom's comment that "some of our best players WILL move on when the right offer comes in"...

Not a nice thought but obviously very naive to think otherwise. I'd like to still think though that money from unavoidable sales will be fully reinvested in very strong additions.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was similarly struck by Bloom's comment that "some of our best players WILL move on when the right offer comes in"...

Not a nice thought but obviously very naive to think otherwise. I'd like to still think though that money from unavoidable sales will be fully reinvested in very strong additions.

Isn't he just signposting that is the new model now? Hard to increase budgets through player sales if you don't sell any players? I'd be amazed if we didn't move on quite a few this summer either on transfer or loan, the squad is too big and some spaces for new talent need to be made as well.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Why are Arsenal out of the running?

Looks like they're about to sell Xhaka and with Ceballos and Odegaard going back to Real, they are in real need of another centre midfielder.
They're looking at signing Odegaard on a permanent and are looking at more attacking midfielders.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I expect the vast majority of any transfer fees we get, however big they might be to be sunk into stemming the losses from Covid and TB’s (Albions) losses over the last few years. I’m sure being self sustainable is going to be high on TB’s list not losing 50 million plus a year.

For this reason I don’t see a marquee signing of any sort, not even up front.

There are gonna be lots of “lack of ambition” hissy fits on here at the close of the window imo.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
They're looking at signing Odegaard on a permanent and are looking at more attacking midfielders.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

They need a replacement for Xhaka though. They want a partner for Partey in the middle and Bissouma would be perfect for that role.

I think he's too good and expensive for them but I'm sure they're still interested.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

It’s what we want though.

As a club. This is the model we aspire to have. Be entirely self sufficient, buy smartly, develop players and sell for huge profit. Rinse and repeat.

The model doesn’t work if we don’t sell the players, right?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I expect the vast majority of any transfer fees we get, however big they might be to be sunk into stemming the losses from Covid and TB’s (Albions) losses over the last few years. I’m sure being self sustainable is going to be high on TB’s list not losing 50 million plus a year.

For this reason I don’t see a marquee signing of any sort, not even up front.

There are gonna be lots of “lack of ambition” hissy fits on here at the close of the window imo.

We won’t need to buy to replace anyone now, as we already have a long term succession plan.

If Ben White goes we have a plethora of exciting young CB’s to step up.

If Biss goes we have Moder and Moises.

Anyone who bleats that we’re not making a signing to replace Biss isn’t paying attention.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s what we want though.

As a club. This is the model we aspire to have. Be entirely self sufficient, buy smartly, develop players and sell for huge profit. Rinse and repeat.

The model doesn’t work if we don’t sell the players, right?

Exactly. It’s vitally important for the club that we do sell players - for the money, to show potential recruits there's a pathway to the top and to balance the books.

.....it’ll hurt like losing your first girlfriend when we do sell our first ‘prized asset’ though :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. It’s vitally important for the club that we do sell players - for the money, to show potential recruits there's a pathway to the top and to balance the books.

.....it’ll hurt like losing your first girlfriend when we do sell our first ‘prized asset’ though :down:

Losing Biss or White will be gutting, much like losing a girlfriend when you know you have been punching above your weight, but you always saw it coming :lolol:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I would be gutted if we got rid of Ben White.

Dunk has probably only got a couple of years left 'at the top' and he's not going to be able to keep playing every game, week in, week out, like he has been doing so incredibly all these years.

Therefore I see White as our future captain once Dunky steps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here