Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And with players from six quite good teams missing from the list

Well yes, I'm sure he wouldn't be so high if they were included.
Interesting to see how low ASM is, given that he's being acclaimed for single-handedly saving the Geordies' season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately Adama Traore's numbers make everyone else look a bit crap.

He has more attempted and successful dribbles than the other 3 in the top 4 combined.

But he doesn't appear in, let alone top:-

Tackles.
Blocks.
&
Interceptions.

With probably another couple of metrics thrown in for good measure.

Is it a new thing or has Biss been heading away corners for the whole season?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Well Leicester look out of the running now (if they were ever really in it), they’re about to sign another centre mid from Lille - Soumare.

The break up of that excellent Lille side begins.

And, perhaps, an example of why £60 million etc might be a little unrealistic.
If fifth placed Leicester are signing a Ligue winning CM for under £20 million you start to realise there are a lot of pretty decent footballers around for a lot less than the kind of figured being bandied about here....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
And, perhaps, an example of why £60 million etc might be a little unrealistic.
If fifth placed Leicester are signing a Ligue winning CM for under £20 million you start to realise there are a lot of pretty decent footballers around for a lot less than the kind of figured being bandied about here....

I’d rather pay £40m for a proven PL midfielder, then £20m on a player who won a largely uncompetitive league once, and is obviously untested in the PL.

£40m for Biss is the minimum I would sell him for.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Well Leicester look out of the running now (if they were ever really in it), they’re about to sign another centre mid from Lille - Soumare.

The break up of that excellent Lille side begins.

Seems as as if both Liverpool and Arsenal also have other targets that may use up their transfer budget. Whilst I think he probably will go, I don't think it's the nailed on certainty that some think. I wonder whether these clubs feel that they can get better value elsewhere, if Biss is going to cost them £40m. I think this may well play on well towards the end of the window.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is it a new thing or has Biss been heading away corners for the whole season?

I think it's both. It is this season that Biss has been positioned at the near post for corners, and has proved remarkably adept at clearing them. That said, it might have come about since Sanchez replaced Ryan and, because of the former's ability to command the area between the posts, opponents have been trying to target our near post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it's both. It is this season that Biss has been positioned at the near post for corners, and has proved remarkably adept at clearing them. That said, it might have come about since Sanchez replaced Ryan and, because of the former's ability to command the area between the posts, opponents have been trying to target our near post.

Nicely put.

I realised Biss was doing more clearances, but hadn't thought through as to why.

That certainly makes sense to me.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
According to the Liverpool correspondent at The Athletic, Bissouma isn’t a target for them. With Arsenal and Liverpool now out of the running, I’m starting to wonder if he’ll get a big move.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
According to the Liverpool correspondent at The Athletic, Bissouma isn’t a target for them. With Arsenal and Liverpool now out of the running, I’m starting to wonder if he’ll get a big move.

Why are Arsenal out of the running?

Looks like they're about to sell Xhaka and with Ceballos and Odegaard going back to Real, they are in real need of another centre midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here