Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2020
Sussex
I think Biss is mates with Nicky Pepe at arsenal.
I seem to remember Biss and him joking about getting Pepe to sign for us instead of arsenal.
They seem like good mates so maybe that's why Biss is linked with arsenal.
Maybe the arsenal fans has seen a harmless tweet between Biss and Pepe and read too much into it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For the record, I believe Biss is off. But A lot of the big 6 plastic fans have opinions like the above. Liverpool/Spurs fans make comments like “oh that Lamptey and Ben White look promising. Yeah we could probably get ‘em cheap from Brighton as well”.

Not really sure what fuels this kind of comment. The only standout player that provoked any bids in recent years was Ben White. And we flat out rejected bids up to £35m.

There have been plenty of hints that a sale is possible this summer. Potter said last month that "In order for us to develop and grow, you have to have the confidence and ability to make a sale at the right time for the right price." Which means making room for Caicedo, Moder and others.

But good luck to any clubs that think they'll get any of our players at a price below TB's estimate of their worth ...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There have been plenty of hints that a sale is possible this summer. Potter said last month that "In order for us to develop and grow, you have to have the confidence and ability to make a sale at the right time for the right price." Which means making room for Caicedo, Moder and others.

But good luck to any clubs that think they'll get any of our players at a price below TB's estimate of their worth ...

This past year I’ve felt Biss leaving is inevitable. Too many clues and between the lines comments from various sources including the club and player.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This past year I’ve felt Biss leaving is inevitable. Too many clues and between the lines comments from various sources including the club and player.

I’m quite relaxed about it. It’s going to be a wrench when we eventually sell one of our hottest assets and agree Biss is likely to be first to go, but we need to accept where we are in the overall food chain for now. What I am 100% confident about is the club management in terms of a) making sure there is a succession plan and we already have cover b) making sure the target is tied up contractually and c) whoever the successful bidding club is will be forced to pay top dollar after sitting opposite the Lizard on the negotiating table.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Biss is the one to go, I'm pretty sure on his return to the AMEX we could really fudge with his head by repeatedly singing his song.

It would be a cold day in hell before I booed him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m quite relaxed about it. It’s going to be a wrench when we eventually sell one of our hottest assets and agree Biss is likely to be first to go, but we need to accept where we are in the overall food chain for now. What I am 100% confident about is the club management in terms of a) making sure there is a succession plan and we already have cover b) making sure the target is tied up contractually and c) whoever the successful bidding club is will be forced to pay top dollar after sitting opposite the Lizard on the negotiating table.

Me too. I think we’re very well placed to manage the departure of Biss (which certainly wouldn’t have been the case last season). Thanks to very good forward thinking recruitment.

Moises, by all accounts, seems to be the next in line to take his place. And we still have Molumby of course and Moder (if he can play that role).

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Selling assets for millions worth of profit every year is a hint of becoming a mid-table side.

But if we’re going to do it, we need to make sure their replacements are ready. But I’m sure they will be.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Arsenal logic will be if they can get Thomas Partey for £45m, a Champions League experienced player from a big club like Athletico Madrid, then they'll be able to get Bissouma for more like £25-30m from little old Brighton. I think the money we'd want could scare them off & he'll actually end up at Liverpool.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal logic will be if they can get Thomas Partey for £45m, a Champions League experienced player from a big club like Athletico Madrid, then they'll be able to get Bissouma for more like £25-30m from little old Brighton. I think the money we'd want could scare them off & he'll actually end up at Liverpool.

Which rather reminds me of a completely unfounded rumour regarding Nunez.

As the non story goes, the Albion were in competition with Man City.
Man City didn't want him yet.
But also didn't want him going to Brighton.

Nunez goes to Portugal, which makes him still available to all of Europe's 'Big 6ers', something he wouldn't have been had he scored 15 goals for lil old Brighton.

Everybody wins (except T'Albion)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I can't quite get my head around the Biss to Arse rumours, because Partey is too similar a player. Liverpool, United, even City I could see.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you are going to sell then best to do it before the player gets into the final 2 years of his contract - you only have to look at Hojbjerg at Southampton to see how it can go wrong, with the player stripped of the captaincy and sold for just £15 million plus add-ons with a little over a year left of his 5 year deal.

It would appear Moder and Caicedo might be the ones replacing him, in which case I hope they both get game-time between now and the end of the season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I can't quite get my head around the Biss to Arse rumours, because Partey is too similar a player. Liverpool, United, even City I could see.

The think that makes me think it's possible is that they currently have Xhaka playing most games and Biss is a far better player

But there's plenty to make me think it isn't true

Mainly that Arsenal won't have the income from any European football with which to fund major purchases and the fact that Arsenal have had very well documented financial problems recently (sacking dinosaurs etc).

Personally I just think this is fans on twitter saying what they want to happen. Arsenal will buy players in the summer, but I think they will be looking at more speculative purchases from other European leagues.

It's far more likely that he goes to a club who qualify for the Champions League. Even then, i'm not sure who in the PL would meet our valuation. Leicester would be the most likely I guess, but they are very well stocked in CM. I said earlier in the thread I think PSG might be tempted to take a look and I stand by that.

I sense that i'm in a minority here, but I think there is at least a 50% chance that he lines up for us next season. Without the covid crisis happening, I would have put the chance at about 10%. I think it's changed everything. The ever increasing inflation in wages and fees has been obliterated. I don't see anyone offering us what he is worth to us, if they don't, we won't sell.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If you are going to sell then best to do it before the player gets into the final 2 years of his contract - you only have to look at Hojbjerg at Southampton to see how it can go wrong, with the player stripped of the captaincy and sold for just £15 million plus add-ons with a little over a year left of his 5 year deal.

It would appear Moder and Caicedo might be the ones replacing him, in which case I hope they both get game-time between now and the end of the season.

We've done very well as a club at getting key players to sign new deals.

This would be the biggest coup, if we could do it, and i'm sure he'd become our highest wage earner, but I'm not ruling out in the summer, that we manage to get him to sign on the dotted line

That in itself would make for an incredible summer without signing anyone new.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't think the 'if' is part of the new normal.

The annual sellng off of an asset will be yet another aspect we'll have to get used too.
It'll maintain the production line and attract yet more talent.

The Sky sports article on Big Bob is more of a puff piece about the club than him, just the way they want it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he isn't sold this summer, then this is could be a possibility. But even with this clause, there is no reason Biss would sign a contract before the summer.

Better wages for the months before he leaves is a pretty good reason imo

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The question is the fee isn't it. I'd like £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here