Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He was our most accurate passer of the ball, 2nd most interceptions and only 3 of our players made more tackles.

Showed how good he’s been this season when that’s considered a slump.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I don't think it's madness to air the suggestion of downing tools on a forum bearing in mind his lengthy dip from his previous high high standards. Ryan Fraser took it to the n'th degree with Bournemouth last season, downing tools and actually refusing to sign a short contract extension to help his relegation threatened and ultimately relegated team. Must admit I have thought the withdrawal of biting tackles from his game may be related to waiting out the season for a career changing move. On the other hand, he is a young overseas player in only his first full season as a first choice Premier League player in the most trying of global circumstances. Also Potter could have told him not to take so many risks on the pitch and focus on other areas of his game to improve his outcomes. Avoid bookings at the business end of the season. Potter also said we should enjoy him while we can. I'm happy to do that, especially today.

Yeah, I could see that. I just think that people saying he's downed tools are drawing the worst possible conclusion from this situation. He won't leave on a free like Fraser did, if he doesn't perform then no club will pay our asking price. Alas, none of us know.

I just think it's a great shame that we probably won't get to see him play live again and we've missed his best period for us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don’t think he’s dialling it in, probably just knackered or carrying an injury or simply out of form.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I don’t think he’s dialling it in, probably just knackered or carrying an injury or simply out of form.

Sincerely hope you re correct
He s gone from Beast mode to pussy Since the link to the gooner s
How why ? IDK ?
Was looking like the sort of player you build a team around Not long ago !
Now Not So much

Last edited:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Taking it easy knowing he's off in the summer? Bit like when you just skate by doing the bare minimum after handing your notice in.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Crikey have you guys not heard of form. He went through a real hot patch, he is still putting in decent performances. Same could be said about Gross, hes lost form but you arent panicking hes downed tools.

Get a grip. Go for a walk and think about what you said.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
His Level has dropped, but any talk that he is going throught the motions before a move in the summer is bollox.
He just isn't that type of guy.

Fair chance that after playing out of his skin alll season he's a bit knackered and could do with a break.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As with a lot of players they fade in and out of form and he is out of form.

I would be inclined to play molder next week and give him a rest. Molder looks like a gem we have uncovered. As was veltman. Bloody hell Veltman is a class act!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he just looks more tired / leggy than anything. Was a few challenges yesterday he could have got but didn't seem to get a foot / tackle in.

Still looked decent on the ball, and loves that little bring down, turn and pass

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crikey have you guys not heard of form. He went through a real hot patch, he is still putting in decent performances. Same could be said about Gross, hes lost form but you arent panicking hes downed tools.

Get a grip. Go for a walk and think about what you said.

This is NSC. Our players are all either:

1. Shitehouse
2. Criminally neglected by the clown, Southgate, or
3. Off in the summer (Everton and Villa all over it).

:wink:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think his form dropped a bit when White dropped back to defence but thought he second half performance yesterday was getting back towards his best.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
His levels have certainly dipped and, as others have said, hopefully it's a small downturn in form and/or he's just knackered rather than anything else. Hopefully the international break will help him.

However, there was one point in the first half where he had me screaming at the TV when he just didn't bother tracking his man and left him totally free in the area. Thankfully the cross never reached him but, if it had, we'd have been one down and then I think there may have been a few more conspiracy theorists on this thread...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think the problem is he's really made that position his own and we don't have anyone else who can play it nearly as well, IMO. Having to play more minutes than ideal, could do with a game off but we can't really afford to rest him.

Alzate? Decent player but too weak physically, not imposing.
Propper? Again not quite the right player.

Moder possibly? Who else? Don't think it's quite White's role. Veltman would probably do a half decent job tbh.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think the problem is he's really made that position his own and we don't have anyone else who can play it nearly as well, IMO. Having to play more minutes than ideal, could do with a game off but we can't really afford to rest him.

Alzate? Decent player but too weak physically, not imposing.
Propper? Again not quite the right player.

Moder possibly? Who else? Don't think it's quite White's role. Veltman would probably do a half decent job tbh.

Ben White was excellent in the role against both City and Leeds but obviously not a lot of room to move defenders around now. If Bissouma got injured today I think we'd see Pröpper taking his place.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Think Biss is just a bit knackered at the moment. Get through the Newcastle game and they can all rest over the international break.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
According to his agent (going by media reports) Arsenal made contact and he was a boyhood fan of the club.

I wonder if that’s the extent of his ambitions or whether he’d like to play for a Champions League club?

Wasn't he being linked with Real Madrid in the papers not too long ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here