Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I hope you're right re the level of fee but I can't see it being that much. I don't envisage there being a lot of cash floating about this summer.

See I think it will have settled down by summer, no one spent money in Jan, new round of cash will come around, and the top boys will still pay.

We will have to sell 1 maybe 2 of our crown jewels I think. TB cant swallow 65 mill every year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bissouma has proved he is comfortable at Premier League level. He is a great ball-winner, he is strong, his passing is accurate, he helps his defence and good at linking play, but he is not the finished article. He still picks up silly bookings (particularly towards the end of matches), his shooting from distance is hit and miss.

If he was English I think he'd be breaking into the England squad and putting pressure on Jordan Henderson for his place. It is a shame he is unlikely to be going head to head with him in midfield tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bissouma has proved he is comfortable at Premier League level. He is a great ball-winner, he is strong, his passing is accurate, he helps his defence and good at linking play, but he is not the finished article. He still picks up silly bookings (particularly towards the end of matches), his shooting from distance is hit and miss.

If he was English I think he'd be breaking into the England squad and putting pressure on Jordan Henderson for his place. It is a shame he is unlikely to be going head to head with him in midfield tonight.

I don’t think a couple of his bookings this season were bookings at all. He won the ball both times, he is just so strong that players he’s tackling go down like a sack of spuds.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
When is lad's contract up? Surprised we haven't got him to sign a new deal, even if we do plan to sell him in the summer.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Very poor the last two games, need him back to form for the run in.

Also, he needs to stop shooting.
I wonder if he's got a pre agreement to leave, given a couple of half arsed performances and the way Naylor/The Argus have been pushing stuff about us selling in the summer

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I wonder if he's got a pre agreement to leave, given a couple of half arsed performances and the way Naylor/The Argus have been pushing stuff about us selling in the summer

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This did cross my mind a bit. Barber has also alluded to letting players pursue their ambitions to show potential signings that Albion are a good stepping stone for those on their way to the top.

Biss has cruised through the last 2-3 games, albeit by his very high standards. Either this or he’s tired. I wonder if giving Moder a chance in the team would give Biss the rest or kick up the backside he needs.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have never quite agreed with the hype on here but no doubt huge improvement on Stevens in defensive role. His ball winning and forward runs have been outstanding. It is up to Potter to pick him up as no doubt had 2 poorish games. On Saturday was no more then Stevenish just very easy passing and few forward runs.
Until he took over present role I thought with his skill and williness to shoot was a natural to do the attacking midfield role

Stumpy Tim

Bissouma isn't anywhere near the levels he has been, but he hasn't been poor in comparison to others. He's our most naturally talented player and we need him back to his best. But he isn't the reason we aren't winning games

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Have never quite agreed with the hype on here but no doubt huge improvement on Stevens in defensive role. His ball winning and forward runs have been outstanding. It is up to Potter to pick him up as no doubt had 2 poorish games. On Saturday was no more then Stevenish just very easy passing and few forward runs.
Until he took over present role I thought with his skill and williness to shoot was a natural to do the attacking midfield role

Do you still misspell his name on our purpose or are you just thick?

Not getting the Bissouma ‘hype’ would point to the latter.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This did cross my mind a bit. Barber has also alluded to letting players pursue their ambitions to show potential signings that Albion are a good stepping stone for those on their way to the top.

Biss has cruised through the last 2-3 games, albeit by his very high standards. Either this or he’s tired. I wonder if giving Moder a chance in the team would give Biss the rest or kick up the backside he needs.

I have speculated here that the strange way Ben White suddenly replaced Biss who was dropped to the bench for the Leeds game, may have been a testing of the water.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's been fine. Yes he takes a few bad shots every now and then when he shouldnt, however the main reason his shooting accuracy is poor is because most of the shots he takes is to prevent counter-attacks. Corner or set piece is headed away, ball goes out to Bissouma, if there is no immediate alternative to pass to or if its not 100% sure to turn around and play it backwards, he is going to take the shot just to prevent the counter. As you know I'm a critic of the goal scoring abilities of the midfield but Bissoumas accuracy is nothing I think too much about.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
He's been fine. Yes he takes a few bad shots every now and then when he shouldnt, however the main reason his shooting accuracy is poor is because most of the shots he takes is to prevent counter-attacks. Corner or set piece is headed away, ball goes out to Bissouma, if there is no immediate alternative to pass to or if its not 100% sure to turn around and play it backwards, he is going to take the shot just to prevent the counter. As you know I'm a critic of the goal scoring abilities of the midfield but Bissoumas accuracy is nothing I think too much about.

That is an interesting tactic, blast it into row z to stop a team from counter attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here