Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If Biss does go it'll be another Ben White situation, where the buying club would have to pay well over his actual value. He's 24, has another 2.5 years on his contract here (i think), and we dont want/need to sell. If star players out of the Championship (Maupay/Webster) are costing minimum £20million these days, and we turned down £25m for BW, you'd have to reasonably put a starting Prem midfielder of his quality & age at least around £30/35million, so adding the fact we dont want to sell him opening bids should be £40/45million and up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
When one of the biggest half dozen teams in the world (I exclude Leeds & Sheff Weds here) wants one of your players, and if you are not one of those teams, you can’t hold on to the player if they want to go.

Look at Slab-head to Utd, they overpaid by about £50m because Leicester wanted to keep him, he still left though. Tony will be given an offer he can’t refuse by someone, it’s just a matter of time (hopefully no sooner than the Summer). This will be our record departure by a huge margin.

I think Biss is Albion’s best ever midfielder and would love us to keep him but let’s be realistic. He dominates the midfield in most matches, any scout worth his salt has noticed.

"Best ever midfielder"? That's a hell of a statement. He certainly has the potential for that, he's getting better every game and would be a huge loss. I do think we have the capability to resist some bids (and I wouldn't be surprised if a new contract was sent his way pretty sharpish) but we don't have to sell and the market is still a bit depressed. If we hold out for silly money, will someone pay it?

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
"Best ever midfielder"? That's a hell of a statement. He certainly has the potential for that, he's getting better every game and would be a huge loss. I do think we have the capability to resist some bids (and I wouldn't be surprised if a new contract was sent his way pretty sharpish) but we don't have to sell and the market is still a bit depressed. If we hold out for silly money, will someone pay it?

Yes, there’s always some schmo with more money than brains

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When one of the biggest half dozen teams in the world (I exclude Leeds & Sheff Weds here) wants one of your players, and if you are not one of those teams, you can’t hold on to the player if they want to go.

Look at Slab-head to Utd, they overpaid by about £50m because Leicester wanted to keep him, he still left though. Tony will be given an offer he can’t refuse by someone, it’s just a matter of time (hopefully no sooner than the Summer). This will be our record departure by a huge margin.

I think Biss is Albion’s best ever midfielder and would love us to keep him but let’s be realistic. He dominates the midfield in most matches, any scout worth his salt has noticed.

I'm sorry but l think your final paragraph is waaay over the top, our best ever midfielder? l'm not sure about that. Admittedly he is still young and has a lot of potential, but equally he still has a lot to learn .

Someone else on here valued him at £60m, l'd probably halve that.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I agree with Hugo that he is our best ever midfielder.

Can anyone who disagrees name a better one?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

brianhorton12.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sorry but l think your final paragraph is waaay over the top, our best ever midfielder? l'm not sure about that. Admittedly he is still young and has a lot of potential, but equally he still has a lot to learn .

Someone else on here valued him at £60m, l'd probably halve that.

Glad you're not TB then.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I suppose he has only had a year of being a first team regular. Its still a bit early to say that imo

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In fairness as I was too young to watch Nobby play in the flesh, all I can do is go on video clips, the books and online stuff I've read and what my Dad who was a season ticket holder in those days and loved Nobby has said - he thinks Biss is a superior player.

To be fair, players these days are all more skilful, quicker, athletic, powerful etc, etc but of their time :wink:

No. Nobby was more of a captain and motivator than a top player.

But I think those all go towards our 'best ever midfielder'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Too early to think of Biss in those terms IMHO. He has had less than a year as a true first team regular. He looks the business but it's early days still. He certainly has the potential to be one of our very best, due in no small part to the level we're now playing at. However, you can't just throw around these labels without thinking of the other greats he's competing with like Kemy Agustein, Ryan Harley and Tommy Fraser.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Usual caveat - you can't properly compare players across eras.

BUT, in terms of how important a midfielder is to their team, I think Biss still has some way to go to match the great Nobby.

That is actually the best way of comparing players across eras that I have seen :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here