Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Incredible sign of how far we’ve come if Real Madrid are even considering one of our first team players.

Not really the news I want to hear today having just had our Xmas arrangements torpedoed :rolleyes:

We’d better not lose today as well :down:

I hope it goes no further than “considering” for a year or so

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Incredible sign of how far we’ve come if Real Madrid are even considering one of our first team players.

Gus always said Liam Bridcutt could play for Real!

Not surprised by this news at all, Bissouma is an oustanding player and wouldn’t look out of place in the Real side at all.

Obviously would be gutted if he went but would also never begrudge him a move like that, would be very happy for him and feel real pride.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thing about the Liverpool link is that as loyal as Lallana would be to us now I'm sure he'd have no issue recommending him to them. You can imagine his bessie Henderson saying 'that boy gave us a the run around in our game' and Adam responding 'he's an incredible player'. That is probably enough of a reference given how highly regarded Lallana is, his experience etc.

Does bode the question-
If we have a player that Real want, a player that every club in England want (White) and a young player already linked with Bayern (Lamptey) why are we struggling so badly? That's 3 of the first team wanted by the biggest teams in the world. Doubt that can be said for Burnley...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thing about the Liverpool link is that as loyal as Lallana would be to us now I'm sure he'd have no issue recommending him to them. You can imagine his bessie Henderson saying 'that boy gave us a the run around in our game' and Adam responding 'he's an incredible player'. That is probably enough of a reference given how highly regarded Lallana is, his experience etc.

Would Biss get anywhere near the Liverpool team? Bench warming is not the way forward for him imo

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you saying Madrid never had any interest in Peter Smith and Ross Johnson ?
I find that difficult to believe

That was imaginary Scottish amateur side, 'Real Sosobad'....

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Would Biss get anywhere near the Liverpool team? Bench warming is not the way forward for him imo

That's the key question with them really.
The narrative is he replacing Wijnaldum. Fine, but he doesn't start every game. You'd guess the first choice is Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago.
There is Keita. Jones is playing a lot. Jota plays both middle three and front three and seems equally adept at either. The Ox is still around. Milner never disgraces there.
But then it's Liverpool. How much football do you want if you're involved in the best squad in the league?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
If we're following the Southampton way of things then i think we'll sell. Isn't the model buy in cheap, develop, sell and replace from the academy? I'd be a little surprised if we didn't sell one or more of Biss, Lamptey, White in the next 12 months (only to one of the the really big teams not any eejets from Yorkshire).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we're following the Southampton way of things then i think we'll sell. Isn't the model buy in cheap, develop, sell and replace from the academy? I'd be a little surprised if we didn't sell one or more of Biss, Lamptey, White in the next 12 months (only to one of the the really big teams not any eejets from Yorkshire).

It is certainly the plan. It's just a matter of when do the 'maximum benefit to the team'/'maximum transfer fee' lines cross. I'd like to think maybe not for the next 12 months but there's really only 3 people who have that particular stat.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Provided we get a decent fee, can't see the club are going to stand in his way. It is our business model afterall. Reason we kept White is because of the bigger fee in the future from a bigger club than Leeds.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You think his performance today was good enough to play for Real Madrid?

Sounds like his agent is angling for a move.

I think he is good enough to play anywhere yes. I also think that he was undoubtedly one of our best players today, and comfortably the best CM- so if you think he was off form today he is still clearly a level above anything else at the club.
Time will tell.
He wouldn't be linked with Liverpool if he wasn't a good player. And if he is good enough for Liverpool he is good enough for anyone.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think he is good enough to play anywhere yes. I also think that he was undoubtedly one of our best players today, and comfortably the best CM- so if you think he was off form today he is still clearly a level above anything else at the club.
Time will tell.
He wouldn't be linked with Liverpool if he wasn't a good player. And if he is good enough for Liverpool he is good enough for anyone.

Rohan Ince was linked with Liverpool...

Don't get me wrong, Bissouma is an incredible talent but the hyperbole is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here