Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m having a good chuckle at these £25m - £40m guesses. What nonsense!

It’s going to be £60m+ if Tony is to let him go.
He is a PROVEN EPL player FFS, look at the costs of arguably weaker players than Biss from abroad:

Jorginho £57m 27yrs old. Napoli - Chelsea
N’Dombele £65m 22yrs old. Lyon - Spurs
Thomas Partey £45m (release clause) 27yrs old. A Madrid - Arsenal

Add on the EPL experience (looking at transfers like Maguire & Wan-Bissaka), factor in Tony’s bartering skills then realise that there will most likely be a bidding war and you get to my figure.

If he is only worth £25m, he’ll be with us for the rest of his career. As much as I’d like that, I’d be annoyed if Tony sold him for double that as I think £50m would be cheap!

I could see £40m happening (though like you I think its more likely with maybe £60m), with a decent sell-on clause. Think fees will generally be smaller this summer but with an increase in different clauses.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If we're rejecting £25 Million pound bids for Ben White without a single minute of Premier League football, god only knows how high Tony must hold Bissouma's price tag.

I expect that figure to just be our profit on the deal, at a bare minimum. Even then I'd be a little disappointed.

Christ...Brighton possibly selling players for 50 million pounds... How times have changed.

I could be wrong but wasn’t Ben White around 30m?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Ten billion trillion zillion million.

You're all making this stuff up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ten billion trillion zillion million.

You're all making this stuff up.

EDDF1028-AAE6-402D-928D-4D8684C3A29E.jpeg

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Two areas I think people are ignoring with their valuations.

1. Covid - Prices have dropped across the board.
2. More importantly, Biss has two years on his contract, while that means he still has value its only maximised by a sale this summer. No talk of even an offer of a new deal suggests his agent has let it be known they won't be accepting one. If he doesn't go this summer it'll be a for a lot less after that. That has to limit his value surely?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we had to sell either Bissouma or White I'd would rather Bissouma go as we have Moder and Caciedo in waiting.

I wasn't massively impressed with White initially but now see him bringing the ball out of defence on the right while Webster can offer the same on the left. I'm now seeing what many 'experts' were telling us about White. Another season with us and then he will go for even more money than we get for Bissouma this summer.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Anyone would think you're just trawling for a reaction.

Seriously 3o ml plus add ons could well bring the fee up to where some want. I don’t want the club to give him away,however I feel some have not grasped the world wide effects of COVID .We are so lucky to have TB as our leader.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we had to sell either Bissouma or White I'd would rather Bissouma go as we have Moder and Caciedo in waiting.

I wasn't massively impressed with White initially but now see him bringing the ball out of defence on the right while Webster can offer the same on the left. I'm now seeing what many 'experts' were telling us about White. Another season with us and then he will go for even more money than we get for Bissouma this summer.

And it really pisses Leeds fans off.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Biss will be the one to go in the summer and fair play to him.

Valuations aside in view it’s up to Bloom and Arsenal to agree, the only concern I have would be him or any other player in the same situation downing tools, becoming disruptive to try and force the move.

Do you think he would?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Valuations aside in view it’s up to Bloom and Arsenal to agree, the only concern I have would be him or any other player in the same situation downing tools, becoming disruptive to try and force the move.

Do you think he would?

No. Everything he's displayed character wise has been exemplary so far.
He seems to be a well balanced respectful young man who appears grateful for what the club have done for him.

I reckon if the transfer is handled correctly (and I'm sure it will be) that the outcome could be great for both us and the buying club. They will be getting a potential future world-class defensive midfielder.

If he goes to Arsenal nothing will get past Partey and Bissouma.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I get the feel that Yves wanted away in January to join Arsenal. It would have been a disaster to sell him then. He must have been given some assurances that we wouldn't stand in his way in the summer. Why else would Potter have said that we should 'enjoy him while we can'? I also wonder if a deal ( agreement in principle) has already been done and influenced our decision to bring back Moder earlier than planned at a cost of c £1m? ( get him integrated in the squad before next season).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Do you think he would?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know everyone says Biss is a lifetime Gooner, but personally I’d love to him as a CL regular, playing at THE highest level.

So much competition for the remaining single place, after ManC, ManU and Chelsea have bought their places, I can’t see Arsenal making it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Completely get he may well go but seems a lot of guessing / assumptions going on here - last player we lost that we didn’t want to was Ulloa I think...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The think that makes me think it's possible is that they currently have Xhaka playing most games and Biss is a far better player

But there's plenty to make me think it isn't true

Mainly that Arsenal won't have the income from any European football with which to fund major purchases and the fact that Arsenal have had very well documented financial problems recently (sacking dinosaurs etc).

Personally I just think this is fans on twitter saying what they want to happen. Arsenal will buy players in the summer, but I think they will be looking at more speculative purchases from other European leagues.

It's far more likely that he goes to a club who qualify for the Champions League. Even then, i'm not sure who in the PL would meet our valuation. Leicester would be the most likely I guess, but they are very well stocked in CM. I said earlier in the thread I think PSG might be tempted to take a look and I stand by that.

I sense that i'm in a minority here, but I think there is at least a 50% chance that he lines up for us next season. Without the covid crisis happening, I would have put the chance at about 10%. I think it's changed everything. The ever increasing inflation in wages and fees has been obliterated. I don't see anyone offering us what he is worth to us, if they don't, we won't sell.

Interesting, and hadn't thought of the PSG possibility

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Two areas I think people are ignoring with their valuations.

1. Covid - Prices have dropped across the board.
2. More importantly, Biss has two years on his contract, while that means he still has value its only maximised by a sale this summer. No talk of even an offer of a new deal suggests his agent has let it be known they won't be accepting one. If he doesn't go this summer it'll be a for a lot less after that. That has to limit his value surely?

When was the last time NSC heard actual talk about a player getting a new deal? We are not a club that does things out in the open.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
When was the last time NSC heard actual talk about a player getting a new deal? We are not a club that does things out in the open.

That is true. However, would we also allow such a clearly talented player to enter the last two years of his contract otherwise? We don't know granted but time is crucial here. I'd love to be wrong as he is getting better and better but the Arsenal stories are coming from somewhere and without an announcement of a new contract the circumstantial evidence suggests he's likely to be off.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’ll be gutted to see Biss leave however I have a feeling Ben White might be earmarked as his successor, with Veltman becoming first choice on the right of the back 3 and potentially Clarke returning as cover. Moder and Moses will be eased in.
£30m to spend up top could be the step change providing we don’t find the next Joelinton.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Expect him to leave for a good profit rather than a massively inflated price, partly as I think it's recognised that his time is now and in a way to show this is the way forward. We won't stand in the way of good players if they go to a top 6 club or a top foreign club. Bit different than selling to poxy Leeds, a rival. My guess is just over £40m plus decent add ons for appearances etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here