Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know everyone says Biss is a lifetime Gooner, but personally I’d love to him as a CL regular, playing at THE highest level.

So much competition for the remaining single place, after ManC, ManU and Chelsea have bought their places, I can’t see Arsenal making it.

Utter nonsense that ManU bought their place. They will have it because they are ManU and the biggest club in the world and why wouldn't every player want to go there for lower wages and every club fall over themselves to sell their best players at a discount to ensure they play there. It's important for ManU to be there for all their fans who are the best in the world. Ole says so.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Completely get he may well go but seems a lot of guessing / assumptions going on here - last player we lost that we didn’t want to was Ulloa I think...

This.

Some people seem absolutely desperate to sell our players. Up until now it's usually been Dunk who they cart out the door but now he's seemingly going nowhere they've moved on to Bissouma.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This.

Some people seem absolutely desperate to sell our players. Up until now it's usually been Dunk who they cart out the door but now he's seemingly going nowhere they've moved on to Bissouma.

I'd love Biss to stay, but the whole point of the business model that Bloom has set up requires selling certain players (and we also need to factor in the players' wishes too) in order to free up spaces for the sheer weight of young talent coming through.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Selling Biss now would be a long way from his peak.

It's amazing to think the club just can't wait that long to ship him out!

I’m puzzled by your comment, are you suggesting we are actively looking to move him on as quick as possible?

Because that’s not how I see it, there is outside interest in the young man if we are to believe in the stories circulating in various media outlets.
As others have alluded to, we are reacting to this news, imagine how disruptive a player and agent could be if we blocked a move, I would imagine a player like Biss is hugely influential in the dressing room.
We don’t need that, the best the thing for all involved is if a club does come in for him with a sensible bid, we let Biss make that decision, we all win, Biss gets the move, we make a profit, we more importantly show other potential signings, we a viable and good stepping stone.

There are no losers in that scenario.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m puzzled by your comment, are you suggesting we are actively looking to move him on as quick as possible?

Because that’s not how I see it, there is outside interest in the young man if we are to believe in the stories circulating in various media outlets.
As others have alluded to, we are reacting to this news, imagine how disruptive a player and agent could be if we blocked a move, I would imagine a player like Biss is hugely influential in the dressing room.
We don’t need that, the best the thing for all involved is if a club does come in for him with a sensible bid, we let Biss make that decision, we all win, Biss gets the move, we make a profit, we more importantly show other potential signings, we a viable and good stepping stone.

There are no losers in that scenario.

Just that he's still young and nowhere near his peak.
Yet the club has his younger understudy who quite possibly already has an even younger understudy - madness.

So can't keep Biss for another say £20m because it'll could cost them more than that by holding up the production line.

I don't believe it's going to be this 'easy' but it's certainly fun assuming ALL yoof coming through is up to standard (unless their a striker)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This.

Thankfully our chairman not amongst them

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd love Biss to stay, but the whole point of the business model that Bloom has set up requires selling certain players (and we also need to factor in the players' wishes too) in order to free up spaces for the sheer weight of young talent coming through.

Oh, I know. Sooner or later(and probably sooner) someone will be sold for big money. It was more a comment on some people's almost indecent haste in showing him out the door.

Maybe Bissouma will be sold. Maybe he won't. Maybe it'll be someone else. Or maybe it won't. Every window there are members of NSC who are falling over themselves to sell Dunk. Now it's moved on to someone else.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh, I know. Sooner or later(and probably sooner) someone will be sold for big money. It was more a comment on some people's almost indecent haste in showing him out the door.

Maybe Bissouma will be sold. Maybe he won't. Maybe it'll be someone else. Or maybe it won't. Every window there are members of NSC who are falling over themselves to sell Dunk. Now it's moved on to someone else.
The rise of football manager type games encourages the mindset of buying and selling players.

Sell someone for x million and buy that striker !

There is a certain fun to be had with fantasy squad building of course.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The rise of football manager type games encourages the mindset of buying and selling players.

Sell someone for x million and buy that striker !

There is a certain fun to be had with fantasy squad building of course.

But people are unable to distinguish between the computer game and real life.

They ignore the reality that strikers are more in demand and command higher wages and that most compelling options just refuse to sign because they have better options.

Loads of people view signing a 30m striker like going to the supermarket and picking one up off the shelf. Well no, because £30m equates to about £120 to 150k p/w for a striker.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Biss making a big impression on Man Utd and other fans last night.

He’s been a little quiet of late but yesterday had a maestro performance.

[tweet]1378790997568667656[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes he is very good at breaking up play. The fact that he does not create chances or score will limit his transfer value and real interest in him.

But he does, or at least he would he if played in a team that could score.

He rarely goes backwards or sideways, he's the players that wins the ball and pushes the Albion forward.

He can't make the crucial tackle in our penalty area AND provide an assist, but his footprints are all over most of our open play goals.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
But he does, or at least he would he if played in a team that could score.

He rarely goes backwards or sideways, he's the players that wins the ball and pushes the Albion forward.

He can't make the crucial tackle in our penalty area AND provide an assist, but his footprints are all over most of our open play goals.

I agree to an extent but his shooting accuracy is the 3rd worst in the league and his key passes and passes into final 3rd are behind both Stephens and Propper, who were hounded as sideways merchants.

We'll still get a large fee for him if he does go as he's one of the best in his position, but as Lifelong Supporter says, the fee will be somewhat capped.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree to an extent but his shooting accuracy is the 3rd worst in the league and his key passes and passes into final 3rd are behind both Stephens and Propper, who were hounded as sideways merchants.

We'll still get a large fee for him if he does go as he's one of the best in his position, but as Lifelong Supporter says, the fee will be somewhat capped.

That surprises me, maybe it's the perspective of what happens to the ball after it's gone from his boot.

I've decided I'm going to enjoy watching Biss now, 'while I still can', so last night I had more than half an eye on him.

He does this dropping the shoulder thing where he's completely overrun then he does something and instantly in acres of space - marvellous.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
That surprises me, maybe it's the perspective of what happens to the ball after it's gone from his boot.

I've decided I'm going to enjoy watching Biss now, 'while I still can', so last night I had more than half an eye on him.

He does this dropping the shoulder thing where he's completely overrun then he does something and instantly in acres of space - marvellous.

There were a few times yesterday that I grimaced as he was surrounded by 3 players, yet as you say, he somehow ended up in acres of space. It was almost Messi-like.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Unfortunately he failed to go with (or lost) Fernandes , which lead to United's winning goal. I felt he faded badly in second half and should have been replaced.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
According to Wiki he has already gone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yves_Bissouma

Yves Bissouma (born 30 August 1996) is a Malian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for club Manchester United and Mali national team.
Yves Bissouma
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Update that shit to say he was signed in a swap deal with Rashford and Fernandes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here