Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst road rage incident.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A triple whammy this morning. Driving the misses to work and pulled out right infront of a car which I did not see. I blame the misses as she was fannying around in her handbag for something and I was distracted, unsure as to whether to go back to the house. Said person glared for half a mile before pulling in at the shops and given me the finger. Fair play, my fault.

5 minutes later on Old Shoreham Road, some complete bellend up my arse beeping and swearing, in a 4 by 4. I was driving at 40 with the traffic and could not proceed further anyway as a truck was blocking part of my lane. WTF ? Pulled in inside lane after 30 seconds and bell end drives past giving me the wanker sign. What an absolute tosser.

Later on pulled out early and slowed some bloke down, giving me some serious abuse.

Incident 2 if the misses was not in the car I would have taken him up on this issue but I find the ladies do not like grown men and road rage so I let it go.

What was your worst incident ? Did you let it go or do a fast and furious with the opponent ? How do you react ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
f*** me where to start.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It sounds like people like you are the reason my car insurance is so high.
Accident waiting to happen.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i once looked at a driver in a sarcastic way

:angel::angel:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I gave the wanker sign to a guy in the mirror who was driving up my arse last year. He drove past and was an absolute psycho giving it large and offering me out. At the lights he signalled to me to go left and have it out. As he went left needless to say I drove around the roundabout and in the oppositive direction as fast as I could.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
a 4 x 4 driver well 90% of those are complete wankers so that would be nothing new.i despise tailgators,if im driving my 260z turbo i seem to get a lot of wanabee racer/tailgators,generally i ignore them,but occasionally wait til they go to overtake,floor the mutha and make them look very silly being hammered by a 35 year old car

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It sounds like people like you are the reason my car insurance is so high.
Accident waiting to happen.

Not at the races today but the 2nd incident was a real WTF moment. Also your car insurance is so high due to the " did you have an accident, make a claim for whiplash ? " companies. Added £ 90 pa on average this year to people's car insurance just to pay for " whiplash " claims alone.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
In my experience road rage is not exclusively a male trait. Two lady friends of mine who at first glance appear to be respectable middle aged pillars of the community (one a Police Officer, the other a librarian) have the ability to turn psycho without warning when they get behind the wheel of a car. All of a sudden its 'effing this and effing that.....' at other drivers, as if they have an outbreak of tourettes. I feel quite mild mannered and considerate by comparison. I would suggest its a hormonal problem but don't want to provoke a binfest.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Driving in my lorry one day and some dickhead pulls out straight in front of me, so gave him a long old blast of the horn, anyway at the next set of lights he gets out starts calling me a wanker etc and invited me to get out of my lorry.
Well this pissed me off slightly so I jumped out and matey's face was a picture when he realised I was 6'5" tall and and built like a brick shithouse, I politely informed him that unless he piped down and f***ed off I was going to jump up and down all over his new BMW and then do the same to him, with that without another word he was in his car and gone !
The lady in the car next to me then gave me a toot, a thumbs up and then blew me a kiss !!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My partner told me she has a female friend who carries a baseball bat in her car ready for such incidents.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
My favourite reaction is to hold the horn on until i find the situation funny. Sometimes it's 2 seconds, sometimes over a minute but always makes me laugh about it in the end and baffles them. Try it next time you get cut up, but be careful if it's someone bigger than you.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Not being a driver, I shouldn't get road rage. BUT.....

Going up to T Wells to see the folks for the weekend, we pulled into the Sainsbury's at the bottom of town. Trying to find somewhere to park, firstly some silly bitch yummy mummy in a 4x4 just sailed out of her parking space without checking her mirrors, then had the cheek to blare HER horn at my mrs. THEN, some geriatric old bitch did the same thing!!! Finally, we get caught behind some c**t in a Merc, crawling around the car park, roof down and music blaring, on his mobile - taking the road up!! It was at that point I was almost standing up in the car, screaming, temples throbbing, the full works. He got the message and f***ed off thankfully. Driving in TW brings out the worst in me and my mrs. Everyone seems to drive like a total bellend, and the bigger the car the bigger the c**t!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Driving in my lorry one day and some dickhead pulls out straight in front of me, so gave him a long old blast of the horn, anyway at the next set of lights he gets out starts calling me a wanker etc and invited me to get out of my lorry.
Well this pissed me off slightly so I jumped out and matey's face was a picture when he realised I was 6'5" tall and and built like a brick shithouse, I politely informed him that unless he piped down and f***ed off I was going to jump up and down all over his new BMW and then do the same to him, with that without another word he was in his car and gone !
The lady in the car next to me then gave me a toot, a thumbs up and then blew me a kiss !!!

Don't exaggerate , you are at least 6 foot 6 inches and built like TWO brick shithouses!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i dont tend to get road rage, but had quite an amusing incident some 15 years ago.
i was working for Hoover at the time, and had a call to fix someones washing machine with instructions to phone ahead on a mobile number for access.
i duly phoned, and while making my way down old shoreham road, a car shot out of a side street and cut me up. i sounded my horn...and drew the predictable middle finger response.
he turned left....i turned left. he turned right...i followed.

to cut a long story short, after about 5 minutes of following him he stopped in preston park avenue. so did i.
he saw me get out, walked towards me and asked me why i was following him. i replied that i was going into this house to do a job.

embarrassed 30 seconds passed til he realised i was the engineer that phoned him....'i was only rushing so i didnt miss you, fancy a cup of tea?'

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
5 minutes later on Old Shoreham Road, some complete bellend up my arse beeping and swearing, in a 4 by 4. I was driving at 40 with the traffic and could not proceed further anyway as a truck was blocking part of my lane. WTF ? Pulled in inside lane after 30 seconds and bell end drives past giving me the wanker sign. What an absolute tosser.

Do you have an Albion badge/sticker on back of your car? Might be a Palace fan???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here