Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst restaurant?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What's that you say Capt? You rushed through the meal that had litter in it??! f*** that for a lark :eek:

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
my spelling is rubbish

they rushed us through the meal, it was like a fast food resturante

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
The worst 'restaurant' I ever went to was a chain fish and chip place in Oklahoma City called Long John Silver's. Most fast food in the US is pretty good (far better than here) especially away from the tourist areas. Well Long John's was truly awful. Crap service, lousy and undercooked food and it wasn't even that sheep. There was a large bell by the door that you were supposed to ring to show that you had enjoyed your meal. Naturally I didn't so the man on the door asked me if I had enjoyed my meal. I just asked him where the Fog Horn was so that I could sound that to discourage others from coming near.

Typical American though, his response ? 'Huh ?'

A fish and chip shop in America around 500 miles from the sea??

And you wonder why it was shite??!!

:lolol:

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Pinxto People - Western Road. small portions, terrible service, very high prices.

I have a particular problem with them too, cos they obviously have friends in the media. Since I went there, opening the Travel Section of one of the newspapers, or the in-flight magazine on a plane, it's always got a glowing review of them. They obviously have a lot of mates working for these magazines.

It makes me distrust all those types of review, even if I didn't already.

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Totally agree with Shaun rc, as well as what you said my Pintxo experience included the obligatory blonde chef hair in the (minute sliver of) tortilla and the highly annoying sticky table as we sat down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pinxto People - Western Road. small portions, terrible service, very high prices.

I have a particular problem with them too, cos they obviously have friends in the media. Since I went there, opening the Travel Section of one of the newspapers, or the in-flight magazine on a plane, it's always got a glowing review of them. They obviously have a lot of mates working for these magazines.

It makes me distrust all those types of review, even if I didn't already.

Quite. Snotty people with no concept of repeat business. Enough review-worshipping incomer muppets to ensure a steady stream of bookings. For now.

Pinxto People will be sold on to some other mug company in a couple of years time when the reviews dry up. No CLASS

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dig in the Ribs - Preston Street - The worst eatery and service in the history of Mankind.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
The worst 'restaurant' I ever went to was a chain fish and chip place in Oklahoma City called Long John Silver's. Most fast food in the US is pretty good (far better than here) especially away from the tourist areas. Well Long John's was truly awful. Crap service, lousy and undercooked food and it wasn't even that sheep. There was a large bell by the door that you were supposed to ring to show that you had enjoyed your meal. Naturally I didn't so the man on the door asked me if I had enjoyed my meal. I just asked him where the Fog Horn was so that I could sound that to discourage others from coming near.

Typical American though, his response ? 'Huh ?'

Had a bad meal once in a Denny's in Seattle. I called the waiter over and showed him our chicken pies that had burnt pastry and just a mushy liquid inside. At my suggestion that we start again he replied pleadingly, "Yes. Shall we?"

Well we ordered something entirely different and it was okay. When we came to pay at the till there was a guy in front of us. He was asked if everything was alright with his meal. I chuckled at his reply said in a loud voice.
"Quit while you're winning. I'm paying aren't I?"

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Surpised at that - always been good. What happend?

yeah I heard that and was kind of recommended it, really good but a bit pricey was what I was told.

Well they got the pricey bit right, 16 quid for a 8oz rump steak and pepper sauce is probably a little on the steep side for me

6 of us ate from their somewhat limited menu, 3 having steaks, cant remember what the others had. They said theirs was ok. My steak was fine, as was another one, both medium rare. The lack of veg was a bit of a disappointment

My dads steak which he ordered well done was a shocker, It came out pinker than mine. Now I know some chefs dont like cooking well done steaks, though I think this one just got cocked up. So we send it back, the polite waiter agreeing it was very rare. So it came back, not replaced, just "cooked" some some. Well it was blacker round the edges, until you cut into it and a load more blood came out. he tried to eat some more not being one to like complaining though no joy. So I asked the nearest waitress who I assume afterwards was actually the manageress if she thought the steak was well done and was told No, but hes still eating it. WTF? "I can get it cooked some more though". I asked how many times she'd like us to send it back and that we were happy with 5 meals and would pay for them though wouldnt be paying for the one steak. She replied that we would pay though we could have a small discount on that meal OR one free coffee :angry: No way

Anyway a similar problem happened on the table next to us where they sent back 2 of their steaks from 5 at which point we could see the chef in the kitchen looking very stressed as he only seemed to be able to cook them on the rare side. Eventually another chap brought our bill over and agreed to knock the charge off for one of them though

Anyway, we probably had 170 quids worth of fairly average food and vino, and a pretty rude manageress who made the night a not very enjoyable experience. Lovely venue though, however we shall not be going back

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
chalk pit near lewes

got food poisoning from the re heated ginsters 'home made' pie

dreadful place

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Guidos in Lewes which started as a tapas restaurant staffed exclusively by people who'd never cluttered their heads with any previous knowledge of tapas, let alone how to actually SERVE customers. Since then it's reincarnated itself but regardless of the genre, remains utter crap and not even CHEAP crap! Over £300 for an amateurishly cooked and served meal for 8? Someone was having a larf. Unfortunately it wasn't us.

Tend to agree, however the Thai place on Preston Street is fairly decent.
I'd agree.

Although I found it odd when we last ate there that the kitchen staff sent someone out for a big Chinese takeaway, which they all ate, sitting in the corner of their own restaurant.

I guess regular scoffers of Thai food like a change from time to time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here