Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst restaurant?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Beef Wellington was far from bland, in fact it is probably the best I have ever tasted. There were ten of us and no complaints - it was not my best dining experience but far from my WORST!!

^ what he said

Scanny

I thought that had closed ? ..... thankfully !

Can anyone confirm if the Swiss Cottage has shut down.

Ate there once, and there was'nt much "Home Cooked" about it, more like a ready meal which I could have had at home.

Seems to be alot of hatred out there for the Harvester.

Never had a bad one in there to be honest. Lancing one is pretty good. New one just opened in Haywards Heath.

Anyone tried the Star in Haywards Heath, I have, and that really bad!

Ordered Nachos x3 once with some work colleagues of mine, als the bloody crisps were stale. When we complained, we weret told they could do them again with either Nacho Cheese Doritos or Salt and Vinegar Squares!

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Can't say that The Harvester is my favourite place to eat Scanny !!

I suppose that you pay for what you get though.........

Agreed on the Star though, Shocking.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't say that The Harvester is my favourite place to eat Scanny !!

I suppose that you pay for what you get though.........

Agreed on the Star though, Shocking.

Thats my lunchtime haunt for a Friday pint, but I would NEVER consider eating their (not even their "gourmet burgers"). There's a large family of flies that seems to have taken residence in the front bar there. They seem to be there every week, I've taken to naming them.

Flitty was missing last week, but Buzzy and Buggerlugs were there, causing their usual mayhem by the Sky Sports screens.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Thats my lunchtime haunt for a Friday pint, but I would NEVER consider eating their (not even their "gourmet burgers"). There's a large family of flies that seems to have taken residence in the front bar there. They seem to be there every week, I've taken to naming them.

Flitty was missing last week, but Buzzy and Buggerlugs were there, causing their usual mayhem by the Sky Sports screens.
Is there a little orange fly called Simon or has he buggered off yet?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can anyone confirm if the Swiss Cottage has shut down.

Seems to be alot of hatred out there for the Harvester.

Never had a bad one in there to be honest. Lancing one is pretty good. New one just opened in Haywards Heath.

As someone that's worked there I can assure you I would NEVER eat in one. I've worked in hotels / resturants / bars all over the world and the hygine in Harvesters is shocking regardless of any other place I compare it to. Quite how the Black Lion has never been closed down is a mystery to me ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is there a little orange fly called Simon or has he buggered off yet?

I don't recall a Simon, but to be honest there seem to be new additions to the clan every week, so I don't even recognise all of them any more. I do know Derek got clobbered by someone reading the pubs Sun last month when he landed on the window sill.

The worrying thing is - the flies actually seem to avoid the kitchen. It comes to something when even the flies are not even interested in the food served there.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I went to some place in Crawley on a work do once- and in hindsight I should have realised that, being in Crawley, and in a retail park development, there must have been a good chance it would be a shocker.

I can't remember the name but it was one of those American, Frankie & Benny's style things- possibly Jefferson's or something like that- and it's on the Squareabout near Three Bridges.

God it was awful, rubbery pseudo-American junk food, all cooked to within an inch of its life, while the staff were not exactly the cream of the waitressing world (probably all sulky teenagers from Southgate earning £4.20 per hour).

Come to think of it, while we're on the subject of plasticky, mass market restaurant chains (and Crawley has more than its fair share of them), TGI Fridays is a pretty horrible experience too.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
As someone that's worked there I can assure you I would NEVER eat in one. I've worked in hotels / resturants / bars all over the world and the hygine in Harvesters is shocking regardless of any other place I compare it to. Quite how the Black Lion has never been closed down is a mystery to me ???

Enough Said Scanny:thumbsup:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Donatellos

I would say the food is ok there but when I ate there I got the feeling that we were in the way. Often find with restaurants that they look after their regulars but if they don't recognise you, or they do and you don't tip large amounts, the service is barely adequate.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The worst 'restaurant' I ever went to was a chain fish and chip place in Oklahoma City called Long John Silver's. Most fast food in the US is pretty good (far better than here) especially away from the tourist areas. Well Long John's was truly awful. Crap service, lousy and undercooked food and it wasn't even that sheep. There was a large bell by the door that you were supposed to ring to show that you had enjoyed your meal. Naturally I didn't so the man on the door asked me if I had enjoyed my meal. I just asked him where the Fog Horn was so that I could sound that to discourage others from coming near.

Typical American though, his response ? 'Huh ?'

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
What is the worst restaurant you have been to?

Cant really describe it as a restaurant but went to the Park View by Preston Park last week.

Ordered corned beef hash and it came out incinerated, sent it back and asked for another portion of same and the barman came back and said that the 'chef' had said it would come out like the first!!!

So ordered the chilli con carne - this came out stone cold in the middle!!!

Sent it back and 'chef' stuck it in the microwave for an extra couple of minutes and got me £6.50 back for my trouble.

Avoid!!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
donatellos

it was someone in the families bday, so we went there, the food there is really nice but we were littery rushed thru the meal, it wasnt pleasent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here