Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst restaurant?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure if this counts ???

A few years back me and a mate were booked on the early ferry out of Newhaven for a booze cruise.... the ferry had a problem and was delayed. As recompense, they gave us a voucher for a breakfast in the cafe there.... well it was absolute crap....:rant:

the "Full " English was missing Bacon ( Sorry, the bacon man hasn't been yet ) but they offered another sausage or an egg....here were the constituents.

Bacon - None
Egg - size 3 and undercooked
Tomatoes - 3 small luke warm plum Tomatos from a tin
Sausage - 2 small sawdust filled condoms
Mushrooms - 6 small (canned) and luke warm
Beans - economy grey baked beans, luke warm, of course
I slice of Untoasted/Fried white bread covered in I Can't Believe it's Edible

Washed down with a lukewarm cup of flavourless tea

Bloody horrible... we did not complain just in case they offered to give us another one !!!:rolleyes:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A bit spoilt for Spanish round where I live, and having visited a fair few cities in Spain, it just doesn't cut the mustard.

I`ve just come back from Spain and their food is shit isn`t it ?

No Campbell`s condensed soup on any of the menus.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Any La Tasca is a pretty grim experience.

I've never eaten in a Harvester, the whole concept looks so god-awful.

The worst eating I've done has to be in east Europe - I have countless tales of terrible restaurants in Prague, Budapest, Krakow, Moscow etc

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 for those of you in the better half of Sussex.

We went a few times to the 6 Bells in Lyminster, until the last time when both meals in this premier pub restaurant were woeful, and we've never been back.

Our worse meal would have been a pub south of Guildford, somewhere around Bramley. I can't remember how bad it was, but a while later we went to The Oystercatcher in Clymping, recognised the menu as the same chain, and promptly left. As we drove off the memory of the previous meal was making us both feel queasy.

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
Fortunately it no longer exists, but my worst restaurant experience in Brighton has to be at The Cactus Canteen (now Fratelli opposite Rounder Records). The food istself was fine, though not exceptional. But the service was dreadful. Took ages to take our order, meals came in dribs and drabs then took another age to give us the bill. When it finally arrived they had the cheek to add service on (there was only four of us!) so we refused to pay it. When we gave the dosh to the waitress, she flipped her lid and literally threw the money at us! We should have got the manager at that point but having been there so long we just left sharpish... :(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 for those of you in the better half of Sussex.

We went a few times to the 6 Bells in Lyminster, until the last time when both meals in this premier pub restaurant were woeful, and we've never been back.

Our worse meal would have been a pub south of Guildford, somewhere around Bramley. I can't remember how bad it was, but a while later we went to The Oystercatcher in Clymping, recognised the menu as the same chain, and promptly left. As we drove off the memory of the previous meal was making us both feel queasy.

Would probably have been the Seahorse which was part of Vintage Character Inns but has since been sold I think. That company have improved their menu and it is now reasonable i.e The Dolphin in Haywards Heath and the Crow and Gate in Crowborough.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Momma Cherry's. Without a doubt the worst dining out experience I've ever had- and it was no better after Ramsay (Gordon that is not Scott) had been there.

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
Food in worthing. The menu was so bland and the owner is one of the worst people you could ever want to meet.

i was in there last night actually. Food is not too bad and the staff were ok, but I can see what you are saying may have some legs - got told i couldn't stand at the bar and have a drink when the place was empty....

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The worst two i've been to in Brighton were La Tasca and Yo Sushi, i love tapas and sushi but they were both soo bad, expensive and characterless. Casa Don Carlos and Moshi Moshi are the way forward

Oct 25, 2003
not in brighton, but for a sharp decline then the 'curry capital' in newcastle

the former charismatic owner passed away last year, the place was in the guinness book of records for the hottest curry on EARTH and was generally a FINE eatery. Mere WEEKS after his death the place had descended into a gash carnival :(

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really find it harsh that Food in Worthing is the WORST restaurant you have ever been too?!

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
Really find it harsh that Food in Worthing is the WORST restaurant you have ever been too?!

The Beef Wellington was far from bland, in fact it is probably the best I have ever tasted. There were ten of us and no complaints - it was not my best dining experience but far from my WORST!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here