Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your preferred method of transportation to the Amex so far

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your preferred method of transportation to the Amex so far and how is it going ?.

Myself and a friend share a taxi there and back from Southwick/Portslade. It is £ 20 each for both trips. This an extravagance in austere times but I feel I can just about justify it in that

It means I don't have a walk to Southwick station and then 2 train journeys and a massive queue at Brighton Station , both ways - estimated total time 2.5 hours.

Taxi time - 30 minutes

Time saved 2 hours.

Travel in comfort and arrive refreshed and be home within 30 minutes of the end of the game.

Driving and parking is a no go as there is nowhere within at least 2 miles ( my maximum limit ) to be able to park and walk. I may drive and park in Lewes and get the train there and back as I think the volume of people going East after the game will be 1/4 of those travelling to Brighton.

Walking 12 miles there and back makes this unfeasible.

Cycling - this is a possibility as I notice they have bike racks. Does anyone do this and how is it going ?.

Park and Drive - what are the collection points and how are people finding it ?.

Many thanks.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Bennetts Field prior to today. So fed up with it I have decided to train it tonight instead. Can't face sitting in a car park until possibly 11pm on a school night.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Volks Railway

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Had no problems whatsoever with the choo choo to/from Brighton. Will continue to use it for a fraction of the price of a taxi each way

Train from London Road Station worked well for Donny game, and for Blackpool the family and I all cycled there from Preston Park area. Was really easy, and free!
For the Gills game, the train queue was so long at the end, that the bike is going to be my evening game transport from now on.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Park and Ride system seems to be working well. My Dad has nothing but good things to say about the Racecourse one. That'll cost you petrol plus a quid.

20 quid each is MENTAL.

I use the train from London Road, no issues at all. I have not tried leaving straight after a game yet though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm still exploring the options. I think I'll try the race course park and ride next time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Train because I am patient and accept a large part of 20,000 people wanting to use this service also, may present queues......

Oct 25, 2003
i think i'm going to experiment with the number 25 bus soon......doubt it takes that long from st peters church, and stops right outside the ground

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I have a fleet of carrier pigeons that lift me aloft on an Albion-themed rug, each wearing a tiny parachute pack on their backs, just in case. Apart from one bumpy landing at the Gillingham game (one bird has been sent back for retraining), it has all gone terribly well.

That's my alternative universe plan. Back on planet earth, I've found the train works just fine, although I hadn't expected to play sardines so often now childhood is a far distant memory. If I was closer, I'd cycle.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Train from Polegate every game so far. Leave it for a bit after the Saturday games and it's been pretty good.
Midweek games a bit more queueing afterwards and a bit more manic, but overall, train every time for me has been ok.

That is apart from one rude sod who jumped into an empty seat just as I was going to sit down. Manners, eh?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Train there and back from lancing,altough i have been drinking at stadium til 8ish on both saturdays,
i am trying the coach service this sat ,so that might be a better option.
I know i will be saving money on less drinking!!!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
i think i'm going to experiment with the number 25 bus soon......doubt it takes that long from st peters church, and stops right outside the ground

It takes quite a while as it goes through the Sussex Uni campus and some of them stop for 10 mins in the campus at the last stop, before heading to village way

Train is the way forward getting there, as for getting back Im undecided. If youre staying for beers after the game, train is fine once the queues have gone, but midweek games seems to be filled with carnage

Oct 25, 2003
It takes quite a while as it goes through the Sussex Uni campus and some of them stop for 10 mins in the campus at the last stop, before heading to village way

Train is the way forward getting there, as for getting back Im undecided. If youre staying for beers after the game, train is fine once the queues have gone, but midweek games seems to be filled with carnage

can't you just get off at sussex uni and use the tunnel thing?

i've had no problems with the train so far though.............i think the problem will be midweek games in the winter, or for that matter any winter game, when people probably won't be that fussed about staying behind

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Train there, Route P bus back.

Did try Mithras then the 49 back to Churchill Square after the Gills game but after that game the buses were empty, now it seems people have twigged (dammit) and the queue for Mithras after the Blackpool game was about 40 minutes. No queue for the P Bus.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The train has been fine, albeit a little queuing going home.

The park and ride at the racehill has been perfect so far. Plenty of spaces to park and straight onto the bus going to the game and coming back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here