Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your preferred method of transportation to the Amex so far

Your preferred method of transportation to the Amex so far and how is it going ?.

Myself and a friend share a taxi there and back from Southwick/Portslade. It is £ 20 each for both trips. This an extravagance in austere times but I feel I can just about justify it in that..................

Driving and parking is a no go as there is nowhere within at least 2 miles ( my maximum limit ) to be able to park and walk. I may drive and park in Lewes and get the train there and back as I think the volume of people going East after the game will be 1/4 of those travelling to Brighton...........

Gareth,

University car parking space will only cost you £340 - ie £7.50/pp/game based on x23 Championship games only.

For P&R use Mithras or the Raceourse; avoid Mill Road like a plague, it's busy, you'll have to get their early and seems the most difficult to return to after the game.
N.

Last edited:

Had been using Mill Road p & r until sat which was fine going in but obviously busy going back - got to Mill Road at 11 p.m. after Gills

Sat tried Mithras House as needed to get away pronto afterwards but the shambles outside was ridiculous. They had 3 buses waiting but weren't loading them for some reason and after 20 mins or so we all had to move so the buses could do a 3 point turn to face the other way - totally bizarre and somwhat of a safety issue with double deckers manoeuvring within a couple of feet of people standing at either end!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Train for me. Queues not a problem as i stay behind after game. It was annoying to be turfed out early after the gills game, but what looked like a pretty bad queue at the station disappeared pretty quickly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Number 23 bus from opposite Gala bingo on Eastern Road or the Pepperpot to the stadium, racecourse P&R home. :thumbsup:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
That's what I do :thumbsup:

Quite. Bus-wise, I would recommend the 28/29. Stops less than than the 25 en route and if you are not bothered about being dropped off RIGHT outside, with all the US fart-arsing about, then it's a nearer drop off to the stadium (Lewes-bound Falmer sliproad).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What I would appreciate, having paid for travel vouchers for the season, is someone checking those that haven't bought them so I don't see it as such a waste of money.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Quite. Bus-wise, I would recommend the 28/29. Stops less than than the 25 en route and if you are not bothered about being dropped off RIGHT outside, with all the US fart-arsing about, then it's a nearer drop off to the stadium (Lewes-bound Falmer sliproad).

Yep. Good advice.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
What I would appreciate, having paid for travel vouchers for the season, is someone checking those that haven't bought them so I don't see it as such a waste of money.

BANG ON! I pretty much made the bus driver take mine at gunpoint after the Gills game. Got the train both ways between Falmer and Brighton and no one gave a pig's teste about TV's.

Annoying.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well after the game bus*

*On the condition that those that were supoposed to (at leat FOUR) actually do and you are not waiting half an hr like we did at Gillingham game.

To the game I get a train.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Train there and back from lancing,altough i have been drinking at stadium til 8ish on both saturdays,
i am trying the coach service this sat ,so that might be a better option.
I know i will be saving money on less drinking!!!!!

Did the coach on Saturday instead of the train, left Lancing at 12.45, arrvied at Amex by 1.35. Left Amex at 17.20, got to Lancing at around 17.45. great service, shhhh don't tell anyone else otherwise we won't be able to get a seat :wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Got to say, given we are only 1 month in, the transport has been pretty good all things considered. A lot of overreactions I think, had to expect some teething problems, and everyone is learning together the best way to operate these things. I thought it might be a lot worse than it is.

Given the amount of Harvey's I've been consuming per game, driving is out of the question. P route bus to the ground, train back was successful on Saturday. No queue at all for the train if you hang around for a couple of beers on a Saturday. Probably look at the P back for my first evening game in a couple of weeks.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
train from haywards heath to lewes is a most picturesque route to the football I have made.

all worked well so far. just got to give things a bit of time getting home, but no worse than getting home after a match at the Goldstone or Withdean. Not including Priestfield cos just getting out of Kent was a relief.....)

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
It means I don't have a walk to Southwick station and then 2 train journeys and a massive queue at Brighton Station , both ways - estimated total time 2.5 hours.

How have you estimated this. I've got train from shoreham for every game. No journey (including queueing) has taken more than 35 mins and i've got a seat every time (sat in 1st class a few times from as only free seats)

The queues at brighton look bad but move within 10 mins

I considered the bus back on sat to see what it was like but they had all gone (this was about 17.45) so got straight on the train and back in shoreham with 30 mins

Am trying the Mithras P&R tonight has need to go straight from work

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Grab a baby/toddler in a pushchair and get fastracked through the train queues at the end of a game, worked a treat for me on Saturday!

I've tried train (an excellent service to and from Glynde, that fitted in well with pre- and post-match beveraging), bus (the 25 from Lewes Road - equally excellent and convenient) and driving a minibus (most convenient of all, since you get a parking space at the stadium, either in the coach park or immediately outside the North Stand - but probably not available as an option for most supporters).

I've not yet tried a park & ride. When I do, it will be Mithras House / Cockcroft.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I have used the train from Hove (changing at Brighton) for all the daytime games so far, and have found it to be a lot easier than I had expected. It's my first evening game at the Amex tonight, and am considering cycling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here