Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your preferred method of transportation to the Amex so far

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath - Lewes - Falmer. Never busy going and always a train at Lewes waiting to take you to Falmer! Driving to Lewes tonight as the trains times don't suit going home! Vouchers are checked at Haywards Heath so well worth buying!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Mill Road Park and ride has been good (but busy) for Donny and Blackpool. Stayed after Donny game and the wait was about 10 minutes. For Blackpool came straight out of ground and waited about twenty minutes. Not bad on both days but be warned it was a nice sunny day on both occasions and everyone was bathing in the glory of a new ground, i would imagine it would not be quite so pleasant waiting in the pouring rain and trying to dodge the not so friendly fans ( Blackpool have been some of the friendliest fans i have come across) and the away fans use Mill road.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've only been by train so far.

No major problems at all.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It means I don't have a walk to Southwick station and then 2 train journeys and a massive queue at Brighton Station , both ways - estimated total time 2.5 hours.

Train from Southwick.
Estimated travel time to Falmer - 5 minute walk to station then 36 mins on 2 trains and 2 minute walk to stadium. Simples.
Coming back takes a little longer obviously (getting on at Falmer), but never held up at Brighton station.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Bus from the race hill, no problems at all so far.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There is the impression that there is a silent, but happy majority with how the transport is going. Can only get better with time.
I don't think they're even that silent really. There are minor things that need to be ironed out, and it's always going to be crowded and possibly a bit of a wait after the game. But the dire predictions a lot of people were making of travel chaos have clearly not materialised.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Train from Southwick.
Estimated travel time to Falmer - 5 minute walk to station then 36 mins on 2 trains and 2 minute walk to stadium. Simples.
Coming back takes a little longer obviously (getting on at Falmer), but never held up at Brighton station.

All good and well John but I DON'T do queueing. It makes me feel physically ill. I am the most impatient bastard of all time and queueing is not good for my blood pressure.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Cycling from South Portslade has been pretty good so far. Takes about 35 mins (6.5 miles roughly). The only small challenge is that the most secure/covered place for the bikes is under the south down ramp of the new footbridge, the bike parking becomes inaccessible after the game as the queues for Brighton trains make it impossible to get to the bikes.

For the Donny game I had to jump down to the bike stands and hand my bike back up through the gap to a Steward. The bike stands opposite the North stand obviously aren't as good but there was a club official stationed there on Sat (for the B'Pool game) asking all the cyclists for feedback on the facilities. He seemed to suggest that the current facilities are temporary and that something more permanent could be in the offing once they had assessed how many people will cycle. The cycle stands seemed pretty full on Saturday.

Also tried the 25 from Portslade station for the Gills game, took about an hour. I's suggest it's best to get off on the Sussex Uni side and walk through the tunnel, rather than wait for the bus to go all round the campus and on to Village way.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What I would appreciate, having paid for travel vouchers for the season, is someone checking those that haven't bought them so I don't see it as such a waste of money.

I'd like the ability to pay for P&R buses as you get on, or at the very least get a voucher on the day. I've not yet used P&R to get TO the ground, but have a couple of times got it back. As our group tend to make up travel arrangements as we go along, it would be nice to be able to use P&R on an adhoc pay-as-you-go type basis. Also, I understand the vouchers are match specific as well so if you buy one and don't end up using it, you can't save it for a different match which I think is a bit off.

Last edited:

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Live in South London.

Donny: Had to get the train, as the M25/M23 was pretty much closed off. Cheam>West Croydon> (Walk to) East Croydon>Brighton>Falmer

Blackpool: Drove to Hassocks. Train to Brighton and then change for Falmer. Used to do this for Withdean until we realised we could get away with parking near the ground. :p

Tonight: We're gonna drive to Lewes, try and park and then get the train to Falmer.

Whats parking like in Lewes? Personally think it might be a good idea to park at Haywards Heath, then at least we can go to Brighton or Lewes on the train to get back there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Walked all four times. Though three of these times I've walked 2 miles away from the ground to meet friends and then walk back toward the ground.

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
Train from London Road Station worked well for Donny game, and for Blackpool the family and I all cycled there from Preston Park area. Was really easy, and free!
For the Gills game, the train queue was so long at the end, that the bike is going to be my evening game transport from now on.

I tried the train from London Road for the Donny game and when we returned the train went straight to Brighton without stopping, is that still the case or are trains
now stopping at London road on the way back..?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bennetts Field prior to today. So fed up with it I have decided to train it tonight instead. Can't face sitting in a car park until possibly 11pm on a school night.

School night????

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ride my motorbike. Works a charm. Park behind the coaches.

I noticed all those bikes. I'm wondering if it would be a sober and intelligent piece of long-range planning for this mature gent to buy a Triumph Streetfighter. No SCOOTERS up there I trust?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here