Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your not the only ones planning to move.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Stephen Carr, the leader of Bromley Council said:
"Crystal Palace football Club have spoken to us and we are interested in their proposal to relocate the club to Crystal Palace park. These are potentially exciting times for Crystal Palace park and of course, we would need to look very carefully at the merits of any proposal. These fresh visionary ideas are welcome and ultimately, we want to improve the park and wider area and any viable plan to improve the park could have a positive impact on the locality and secure a brighter future. Of course, we will consider all proposals on their merits and would be subject to the planning permission in the usual way."

If the track remains at the Olympic stadium, I actually think this is a good proposal.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've said it once, and I will say it again, it won't happen.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Phase one, 25,000 stadium and aquatic centre, roughly £50m budget. Some funded through sale of Selhurst Park, some stadium naming rights.

25,000 seater stadium ... why the f**k would each fan want 10 seats?
Aquatic Centre ... Not so good at footie thinking of taking up kayaking?
£50m budget ... Up to you, if you want to cobble something together on the cheap you crack on
Sale of Selhurst ... That only leaves £49,000,000 needed.
Naming Rights ... where is the other £48,999,500 coming from to meet the budget?

Seriously hope you get it and survive.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
25,000 seater stadium ... why the f**k would each fan want 10 seats?

The same could be claimed for us!?

Aquatic Centre ... Not so good at footie thinking of taking up kayaking?

£50m budget ... Up to you, if you want to cobble something together on the cheap you crack on

Our ground is unusually expensive, most new grounds cost around 50m. The mock up actually looks pretty nice, although the building cannot be judged on one mock up at distance.

Sale of Selhurst ... That only leaves £49,000,000 needed.
Naming Rights ... where is the other £48,999,500 coming from to meet the budget?

Selhurst and the land around it would be worth a fortune in terms of housing and retail development

Seriously hope you get it and survive.

I do too.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think it could happen but I would bet there will be NIMBY opposition (noise, dirt, all the usual rubbish). Whilst the park is nice enough the other side (Penge) is not so pretty. However I bet Bromley Council will see this as a potential windfall which I doubt that it will be. The fact that the many improvements to the local transport infrastructure that are already in progress makes it an ideal situation for a football stadium should be a factor to the project's advantage. Frankly athletics does not compare with football financially (as long as the club residing there can stay out of adminstration of course) so Bromley would get some money out of it. The down side is that initially Bromley Council would get more money selling it for housing. In my area there seem to be more Millwall and Charlton fans then Palace. Maybe Palace should set their sights a bit lower and ground share with Charlton or Millwall as they could all do with the money.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are those the main selling points for that location?

Its elevation and the fact that there are five local authorities nearby. Blimey.

five battles to fight is surely *not* an advantage ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That pic looks ok if a bit standard . Be interesting to see further pictures so can fully judge.

25k seems wise.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
0,,10323~9353556,00.jpg

0,,10323~9353726,00.jpg

0,,10323~9353729,00.jpg

0,,10323~9353727,00.jpg

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Phase two - Find another 13,000 Palace fans and buy some fish. :lolol:

Number one-our crowds average 15000+ so another 66% will fill the new stadium.

number two- You have to increase your gate by another 200% to fill the new stadium.

Hope this helps

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
"enjoy your lego stadium"

"its soulless"

etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here