Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your not the only ones planning to move.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I guess so and good luck to them, it may seem a backward step but they have the space and transport links that they dont have at Selhurst.

Is anyone (apart from Levy) in favour of Spurs depicable plans for the Olympic stadium?

Is anyone convinced Spurs are really in favour of it ?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
This is actually thread no 3 on the subject so a fully desreved fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.......................

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Deservedly fixtured, couldn't be bothered to check the threads down the page but still, this really is a changing of the guards :yahoo:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
id like it to happen if it means that the olympic stadium remains and tottenham dont get it

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I think that too many on this board are dismissing and mocking the quality of their plans to build a new future. Have we no respect and solidarity with these poor downtrodden Eagles? They have suffered almost 12 months (!!!) of financial uncertainty for goodness sake (which, on top of the 90+ years of playing games at Selhurst must be almost too much to bear).

Read the message. They have LINE DRAWINGS of their new stadium! If this doesn't give an impression of a club with not only vision, but also the £400 it would have cost an architect to sketch some stands in his morning tea break, then I don't know what does.

The fact that they have spunked £30m of other peoples money twice over in recent years, faced no commensurate penalty and still have the audacity to call themselves a Football Club shows, and this is only my humble opinion here, that they are tenacious, spirited and almost aristocratically ignorant, that is precisely the stuff of which Great Britain made its Empire.

Makes you want to weep. We salute you Palace (two fingered of course).

I second that. Stick your line drawing up your arse Palace.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
At least you'd be in the area that carries your name. How will you get it round the NIMBYs of Bromley though? Best wishes if you can scupper Tottenham's plans; GB needs a decent athletics stadium and while access to CP isn't too bad by public transport (station and most south London buses turning there), it's far better to Stratford, by road also. Don't like Tottenham's arrogance either, which is typical of Premiership clubs; I thought they had plans to redevelop White Hart Lane. Also, Stratford is West Ham's home territory. What are they going to call the club: Tottenham Stratford, Stratford Hotspur? For once, I will say, best wishes to Palace.

Not how many locals see it.

They still like to think of it as Sydenham Hill.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck to them I say. I'm sure it'll be great when its redeveloped.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've just heard that this is their 2-tier main stand

caravan_58.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why the f*** would Spurs seriously entertain the cost of redeveloping in East London AND improving a wreck of a stdium in South London?

From what I read Spurs are in the mix for Stratford not because they want it but because it might bring down the cost of the Northumberland Park development. London Transport wanted a £5.6mill contribution from Spurs for the Tottenham Hale rail connection work, they offered £2m, now TfL have come down to £3m.

i think leverage was the initial impression, but the talk in the Standard suggests its much more serious than that now. the key thing is the potential to gain massive naming rights deal, get alot more for "The Brandname" than "The Brand, White Hart Lane". think about all the discussions we have about calling ours Falmer or Amex, gives a idea to what the brand consultants might be on about, they want the virgin stadium's namespace.

anywho, good luck to Palace. they are going to need it. makes more sence nearer a rail station. not sure how they intend to deal with Bromley council, though the borough has big Palace following and i reckon the local councilors know that. i presumbe they'll want to redevlop (with running track?) but if its listed as above, they're f***ed. maybe adjacent to the existing athletics track? will be interesting how this works out, though i wonder if the current owners will stay interested enough to see it through. watch out they get the plans passed before selling Selhurst...

Sep 1, 2010
If the NSC is confirmed as that venue, it could have a major impact on plans by Tottenham Hotspur to relocate to the site of the 2012 Olympic Stadium. NSC....................? :eek:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm pretty sure that the athletics stadium is NOT listed. The SPORTS CENTRE next to it, is grade II listed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here