Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your not the only ones planning to move.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
not so sure about the roof , but the rest of it looks pretty impressive.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
article-1349016-0CD7E9F8000005DC-283_634x418.jpg

This is Falmer with the corners filled in and a second tier on the other main stand. Looks better than Falmer when its done.

palace-123

Jan 20, 2011
Palace fan here, not going to get into a debate about "were the bigger club" or "I hate Brighton". To be honest, I'm 17 and possibly too young to dislike Brighton. I am more against Millwall and Charlton, they are the rivals of my lifetime. Anyway, I think Falmer looks like it'll be a nice ground, and I like the look of ours too. Ours may just shade it due to size, but the designs are relatively similar.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I think it could happen but I would bet there will be NIMBY opposition (noise, dirt, all the usual rubbish). Whilst the park is nice enough the other side (Penge) is not so pretty. However I bet Bromley Council will see this as a potential windfall which I doubt that it will be. The fact that the many improvements to the local transport infrastructure that are already in progress makes it an ideal situation for a football stadium should be a factor to the project's advantage. Frankly athletics does not compare with football financially (as long as the club residing there can stay out of adminstration of course) so Bromley would get some money out of it. The down side is that initially Bromley Council would get more money selling it for housing. In my area there seem to be more Millwall and Charlton fans then Palace. Maybe Palace should set their sights a bit lower and ground share with Charlton or Millwall as they could all do with the money.

Get with the programme - Bromley are on board. You're still gutted we turned around the Selhurst situation. Endless posts about us being made homeless. In your area there are more smelly old men but what does that matter?

How can you say that we should be aiming lower when you're likely to have so many empty seats at the plastic spastic arena. we've just been through a horrible year, sit in the bottom three and still had 14,000 home fans for the last game.

We'll be OK.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Palace fan here, not going to get into a debate about "were the bigger club" or "I hate Brighton". To be honest, I'm 17 and possibly too young to dislike Brighton. I am more against Millwall and Charlton, they are the rivals of my lifetime. Anyway, I think Falmer looks like it'll be a nice ground, and I like the look of ours too. Ours may just shade it due to size, but the designs are relatively similar.

P*ss off you spotty little chavy oik. Our new ground is real, dimwit, yours is a fantasy - a bit like those girls you'll never get to shag you pussy little virgin.

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
Most other palace fans I know are quite surprised at how far down the line this has gone, anyone can make a few drawings,but in the short time they've been owners the consortium seem to of been pretty busy! They've spoken to Croydon and Bromley councils ,who seem very much onside.,have got a stadium construction company (AIS ? ,Australian ??) working on the project.Croydon tramlink involved, even been talking about trying to challenge the Taylor report and include a bit of safe standing!!a lot of Brighton fans have come up with barriers, listed building ( wrong) Bromley council against it (wrong)nimbys (ok , I'll give you that one!!)blmey you must really enjoy sitting in the Arthur Waite !! Most of us are glad your grounds nearly ready, better than the old goldstone corner or the running track.one thing though ,mate of mine has seen inside the Amex ,reckons one of the ends is tiny(10 rows !!), a bit like the abortion they've made at one end of the new lansdowne road in Dublin.any pictures of the inside of it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The reason some Albion fans are getting arsey is because it looks as good as ours, only bigger. On the other hand, ours is a reality now, unlike yours.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Most other palace fans I know are quite surprised at how far down the line this has gone, anyone can make a few drawings,but in the short time they've been owners the consortium seem to of been pretty busy! They've spoken to Croydon and Bromley councils ,who seem very much onside.,have got a stadium construction company (AIS ? ,Australian ??) working on the project.Croydon tramlink involved, even been talking about trying to challenge the Taylor report and include a bit of safe standing!!a lot of Brighton fans have come up with barriers, listed building ( wrong) Bromley council against it (wrong)nimbys (ok , I'll give you that one!!)blmey you must really enjoy sitting in the Arthur Waite !! Most of us are glad your grounds nearly ready, better than the old goldstone corner or the running track.one thing though ,mate of mine has seen inside the Amex ,reckons one of the ends is tiny(10 rows !!), a bit like the abortion they've made at one end of the new lansdowne road in Dublin.any pictures of the inside of it?

To be honest, the work that's been carried out so far wouldn't take very much work at all, talking to Council's and getting sound bites such as 'will be dealt with under normal planning considerations' doesn't take much work, and neither do the mock-ups that have been produced, although I am relatively impressed with the stadium deisngers you have on board and the planning team. I wouldn't kid yourself about being very far along though, you're sure to come up against many less problems than us as it's in the built up area etc but it isn't going to be all plaing sailing from a legal and land perspective more than planning I imagine. It takes a lot of jigsaw pieces fitting together just right to get a scheme like this together.

I'm a planning consultant and have worked on schemes like this so I should know!

But good luck to you anyway, and lets hope the scheme doesn't rely on you p;aying Championship football next year because that's not going to happen :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
anyone else think the £50m bill is a little hopefull? we've seen ours go from around that to £93m. i know they are basically working on a nice flat peice of land, but theres the demolition of the existing stadium, then im sure the quantity of steel, concreate and labour etc required is pretty much going to be the same for any 20k+ seater stadium. how are they going to be half price?

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
If it doesn't get the go ahead ,we've got a 26,000 capacity back up, albeit a bit rough round the edges! ( holmesdale apart, 70 odd league grounds and 15 across Europe with England and easily one of the best stands I've been in!)obviously gonna be problems with the locals,although apart from extra traffic , a lot of arguments that are trotted out against stadiums surely won't apply? Doesn't fit in with area, already a stadium there (in a natural bowl), cutting out of light, it's in a park!!.transport, tramlink extended as well as finally putting the club on the London underground system (east London extension)etc. Fella from Bromley council was on radio London tonight, interviewer was trying to pin him down about the running track, but he kept hinting that they really need someone to invest in the park (ie pay for it!)and that palace will provide the locals with new facilities , swimming centre , public athletics centre . It'll probably go tits up when spurs win the Olympic bid anyway!! As for relegation,poor team,3 or 4 of the worse displays ive seen in 35 years ,yes I was at millwall!! , and we're still only 3 points from safety!! Don't write us off yet as a lot did last year ,it's a shit league,one you shouldn't be so excited about joining next year!!!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
anyone else think the £50m bill is a little hopefull? we've seen ours go from around that to £93m. i know they are basically working on a nice flat peice of land, but theres the demolition of the existing stadium, then im sure the quantity of steel, concreate and labour etc required is pretty much going to be the same for any 20k+ seater stadium. how are they going to be half price?

Ours is finished to a very high grade though with rendered interior walls, quality flooring etc. They'll probably go for the cheap breeze block option and the rest of it looks like it's made out of plastic anyway.

I'm sure they know some people who will lay tarmac cheap as well.....

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Maybe its the fact I am not a palace fan, or the fact I am a Brighton Fan, but to me that looks pretty dire.

Does google earth REALLY need to know you have the worlds largest car stickers on your roof?

And to be fair, Brighton's DOES look nicer, with its only fallacy being capacity, which to be fair, does it exactly matter at the moment? As long as we can get the stadium going, capacity only seems to be the argument for any anti-Falmer critics who obviously have nothing on them but pure jealousy

I am happy that Crystal Palace are getting a new stadium, but I still prefer the Amex in design, and Im not too bothered on Capacity at the moment.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If it doesn't get the go ahead ,we've got a 26,000 capacity back up, albeit a bit rough round the edges! ( holmesdale apart, 70 odd league grounds and 15 across Europe with England and easily one of the best stands I've been in!)obviously gonna be problems with the locals,although apart from extra traffic , a lot of arguments that are trotted out against stadiums surely won't apply? Doesn't fit in with area, already a stadium there (in a natural bowl), cutting out of light, it's in a park!!.transport, tramlink extended as well as finally putting the club on the London underground system (east London extension)etc. Fella from Bromley council was on radio London tonight, interviewer was trying to pin him down about the running track, but he kept hinting that they really need someone to invest in the park (ie pay for it!)and that palace will provide the locals with new facilities , swimming centre , public athletics centre . It'll probably go tits up when spurs win the Olympic bid anyway!! As for relegation,poor team,3 or 4 of the worse displays ive seen in 35 years ,yes I was at millwall!! , and we're still only 3 points from safety!! Don't write us off yet as a lot did last year ,it's a shit league,one you shouldn't be so excited about joining next year!!!

It does look like its all positive from planning perspective, especially with all the upgrading of the transport network in the local area, and the fact that it's in an urban location but not on top of people's houses. I'm sure all planning issues can be overcome, we overcame ours and the odds were stacked much highly against us. But as you say it all depends on the sale and purchase and all the legal and land problems that might arise from that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here