Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your not the only ones planning to move.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I like the way they've made this annoucement bearing mind the Atheletics Stadium is in a different Borough. As a resident of the London Borough of Bromley I object to having more pikey inhabitants in the area. Actually I wouldn't mind betting that Palace will face considerable opposition from the locals although frankly it's the most logical place to put a new football stadium. The London Overground AND the tram system is supposed to extend to there. However Bromley seem to think they can build houses on it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm pretty sure that the athletics stadium is NOT listed. The SPORTS CENTRE next to it, is grade II listed.

Any proposal which might effect the listed buildings character or visual appeal will be strongly resisted. So there's no chance of them letting the caravan dwellers rock up outside of it.

seagulls120

Feb 25, 2009
Been saying this for yeas but the snag is that Crystal Palace Stadium is in the London Borough of Bromley and not Croydon and they have made it very clear that they would rather have nice bijou houses than chavy football fans and caravans on the site.

f***! I live in the London Borough of Bromley! Danm time for a move me thinks lol

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Any proposal which might effect the listed buildings character or visual appeal will be strongly resisted. So there's no chance of them letting the caravan dwellers rock up outside of it.

You clearly don't know the site.

The stadium is WAY lower than the sports centre, so unless the plans were for MASSIVE stands, they would be highly unlikely to impact on the views of the sports centre.

Actually I'm sure that the only listed part of the centre is the ROOF anyway. Its the largest self-supporting concrete roof in the world, or some other nonsense.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
You know what (I'll say it quietly). I support this proposal.

That is all.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
f***! I live in the London Borough of Bromley! Danm time for a move me thinks lol

Thankfully it's the other side of the borough for me. However as I said earlier, I wouldn't mind betting that the NIMBYs of Bromley will be out in force. I think that Lambeth may get involved as the Stadium abuts their borough as well. Granted the fact that the stdium overlooks Penge (AKA Whinge) it can hardly ever be described as ANOB.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Merging this makes it look like I'm Palace. Thanks for that. :mad:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
And that I don't know the difference between your and you're.

CONcppark.jpg

R102) CONSULTATION in the PARK
CRYSTAL PALACE PARK - STAKEHOLDERS' DIALOGUE

October/November 2005

Finally here is a glimpse of how the new National Sports Centre and Athletics track area might look. Highly integrated and good links to Crystal Palace Station. A lot more green where the old NSC used to be.

Imagine arriving at the station and walking onto a concourse overlooking the new facilities, seeing the green of new tree plantings and the well defined restored terracing. It could happen - Paxton's famous park axis newly resurrected devoid of the concrete which currently cuts it to pieces.

A design competition for the NSC will be started this month to see how current ideas turn into real, well defined structures... ready for opening in 2010.

Oh I do like the thought of palace playimg at the NSC (North Stand Chat) stadium:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Imagine arriving at the station and walking onto a concourse overlooking the new facilities, seeing the green of new tree plantings and the well defined restored terracing. It could happen - Paxton's famous park axis newly resurrected devoid of the concrete which currently cuts it to pieces].

and it will look like this
_44472606_falmerstadium_plan203.jpg

images

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Still playing catch up with your big South Coast brothers
Absolute quality re-writing of history.:lolol:
How many years have you been in a league below us since 1983?
Have a good couple of years.The fans who attend Withdean deserve it.Not the glory hunters.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
We are delighted to announce that Crystal Palace Football Club together with their advisers CB Richard Ellis and stadium designers AFL have been pursuing avenues that would allow them to move back to their original home at Crystal Palace park.

Crystal Palace is a unique place, one of the highest points in London, a point where five South London boroughs collide and the home of the club. It also holds a special place in English football, hosting the first cup finals and early England Internationals.

The plan is to provide a:

- 40,000 seat stadium

- new indoor acuatic centre

- reconfigured indoor sports complex within the existing structure

- new community athletics facility

Combined this will breathe new life into the National Sports Centre and the park by removing the requirement for the pool inside the current listed structure, greatly reduce the running costs and allow for the current space to be re-utilised for an even wider range of community and elite athletic sports,

Planning will be sought for the full 40,000 seat capacity stadium, it may begin life with a reduced 25,000 capacity stadium, dependant on where we are, other uses etc.

Steve Parish, Co-Chairman of Crystal Palace Football Club, said: "We are delighted to put forward our plans to return the club home to where it all began. We believe a stadium at Crystal Palace park can help create a bright new future for the club as well as helping it to breathe new life into both the sports centre and the park."
0,,10323~9353556,00.jpg

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Phase one, 25,000 stadium and aquatic centre, roughly £50m budget. Some funded through sale of Selhurst Park, some stadium naming rights.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
All well and good but what do Bromley Council say ? Has Mr Parish spoken to them ? Unless they've had a radical change of heart I don't think it will quite that simple. Bromley Council have always been ferverently against Palace going to the athletics stadium despite the fact that they're aways moaning that it costs them money as it's so under used. It makes total sense to for Palace to move there but there again, it made perfect sense for us to move to Falmer and that was eleven years ago.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
We are delighted to announce that Crystal Palace Football Club together with their advisers CB Richard Ellis and stadium designers AFL have been pursuing avenues that would allow them to move back to their original home at Crystal Palace park.

Crystal Palace is a unique place, one of the highest points in London, a point where five South London boroughs collide and the home of the club. It also holds a special place in English football, hosting the first cup finals and early England Internationals.

The plan is to provide a:

- 40,000 seat stadium

- new indoor acuatic centre

- reconfigured indoor sports complex within the existing structure

- new community athletics facility

Combined this will breathe new life into the National Sports Centre and the park by removing the requirement for the pool inside the current listed structure, greatly reduce the running costs and allow for the current space to be re-utilised for an even wider range of community and elite athletic sports,

Planning will be sought for the full 40,000 seat capacity stadium, it may begin life with a reduced 25,000 capacity stadium, dependant on where we are, other uses etc.

Steve Parish, Co-Chairman of Crystal Palace Football Club, said: "We are delighted to put forward our plans to return the club home to where it all began. We believe a stadium at Crystal Palace park can help create a bright new future for the club as well as helping it to breathe new life into both the sports centre and the park."
0,,10323~9353556,00.jpg

Looks pretty decent I reckon.

It does bug me a little that Croydon council have always expressed a desire to keep Palace in Croydon but have made little or no effort to find a suitable site for a new stadium.

Surely rather than pursuing that ridiculous ice hockey arena on the gateway site they could have put their efforts into finding a site for a stadium to include first class conference and entertainment facilities, something I believe would actually benefit Croydon and the wider area.

Best of luck, i suspect you'll need it with Bromley council involved!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here