Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Brighton match of all time?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I know it's a bit extreme, but I'm curious. Fans on here have all been supporting the club for differing lenths of time, so I'm curious.

For me, it has to be the 3-0 win at Swindon last season, on a personal level. :laugh: It meant so much, what with my friend at the other end of the Arkells hating every minute, for that same reason the 2-0 earlier this season was pretty special, especially considering she'd beaten me so embarrasingly easily at chess. :blush:

Aside from them, the 6-0 against Mansfield springs to mind because it was the biggest I'd seen at that point, for obvious reasons. We tore Mansfield apart that day, and I was so proud to support a division 3 club, my only wish is that I could have gone to school the following monday with my head held high. :laugh: But nevermind, the 6-2 against Torquay was to follow, and we thrashed Kidderminster too aswell, I think they were both in the championship year.

The Millennium stadium experience was intense aswell, that was pretty damn good! The Chesterfield game at the Withdean, Cullip's header was pretty special too, my only pitch invasion other than to play there once. And the Man City game, Anyinsah putting us 2-1 up was outrageous!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brighton 1-2 Swindon

Brighton win on penaltys :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Play off final @ Cardiff. Can't remember a thing about the game apart from the penalty and losing my voice for 3 days after.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
In terms of a match that was to watch, then Leeds 3 Albion 3 wins. We conceded in stoppage time but it still felt like we'd got away with murder, I think we had 2 shots and they had about 40!

In terms of a result, beating Wolves 4-1, Palace 1-0, Play-off final, the two league winning games and Swindon Semi-final stand out.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Fans United will never be beaten, it had everything, and I doubt anything will come close to it again

For some weird reason I LOVED HArltepoo away last season, injury time winner and going spacca with delight with the people that travelled up there.

Another game would have to be PLymouth away when we got promoted with about 5 results going our way on the day

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The FA Cup semi-final v Sheffield Wednesday, at Highbury... Jimmy Case and Michael Robinson scoring... Jimmy Melia and his magic hat... and we are on our way to Wembley :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brighton and Hove Albion 2 Manchester United 2

FA Cup Final

Nothing else comes even close IMHO.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
FA Cup semi final Highbury 1983 has it for me. Feels (and is) a long long time ago...

I also remember an amazing thunderbolt of a goal at the Goldstone against Forest past Peter Shilton (final score 1-0). Forest were at the time the reigning European Champions, that was pretty amazing...

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Fans Utd - Not the last game at the Goldstone but definitely MY last game there.

My favorites.......

7-0 over Walsall 1977
1-0 over Norwich in FA Cup 1983
2-2 draw with Liverpool 1981
2-2 draw against Peterborough in the FA Cup
6-0 win ENG U21 vs. Norway....Wardy Hatrick

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
FA Cup semi final Highbury 1983 has it for me. Feels (and is) a long long time ago...

I also remember an amazing thunderbolt of a goal at the Goldstone against Forest past Peter Shilton (final score 1-0). Forest were at the time the reigning European Champions, that was pretty amazing...

scored by garry Williams

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here