Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Brighton match of all time?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
1. West ham 0 Brighton 1 in 2005,

2. Palace 0 Brighton 1 also in 2005

3. Brighton 2 Sheffield wed 1 FA Cup Semi final 1983

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
FA Cup semi final Highbury 1983 has it for me. Feels (and is) a long long time ago...

I also remember an amazing thunderbolt of a goal at the Goldstone against Forest past Peter Shilton (final score 1-0). Forest were at the time the reigning European Champions, that was pretty amazing...

yep both.

Although for the atmosphere, the Palace win up there takes a lot to beat.

Sheff Wed at the Goldstone, end of season 76/77 (a season in which we only lost one home match) and we had only to win to make sure of going up. They had NOTHING to play for and were already assured mid-table anonymity. I could NOT believe they played like men POSSESSED, and with no good reason other than pride. I was bloody torrid, nailbiting end-to-end great football with action abounding!
We ended it as 3-2 victors, but had to sweat and play out of our skins for that result. We ended up buying one of their players too, Eric Potts.

Brighton and Hove Albion 1976-1977 Home - statto.com

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Actually that draw with Ipswich under Mcghee to keep us in the championship was a bit of a cracker.

Beating Liverpool in 1984 in the cup.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Sheff Wed at the Goldstone, end of season and we had only to win to make sure of going up (as champions? not sure, memory fades on that). They had NOTHING to play for and were already assured mid-table anonymity. I could NOT believe they played like men POSSESSED, and with no good reason other than pride. I was bloody torrid, nailbiting end-to-end great football with action abounding!
We ended it as 3-2 victors, but had to sweat and play out of our skins for that result. We ended up buying one of their players too, Eric Potts.

Was that 1977. Rotherham needed to win to go up but lost 4-0 or something like that to Reading who were already relegated. So we went up?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The classics I was at are obvious ones:-
Fa Cup Final
FA cup Semi Final
Play off at Millenium Stadium
Newcastle 1979

But one of my all time favourites is is a bit obscure but it was absolutely brilliant. Beating Ipswich 2-1 in the league cup in 1977 when Graham Cross got a last minute winner. We were in the 3rd Div; they were in the 1st. I was in the N Stand and I just remember the whole place going absolutely mental. A great night!

Last edited:

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Fans United Day was one of the best, the FA Cup game against Crawley was a good one too. Just being part of the North Stand Noise singing, getting pushed from the top to the bottom when we scored and STANDING UP to watch, what a novelty! Oh happy days!!

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
Brighton 5-0 Yeovil - what a bloody relief!

No favourite was definately the Swindon home leg of play-off - such a great night

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
The one where Smith scores the winning goal in the '83 FA Cup Final.
Then I wake up, BUGGER!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Brighton 1- Doncaster 0. The last ever game at my second home. Stuart Storer scores the last ever goal and takes us off the bottom of the whole entire football league. That will always be in my memory, second Robbie Reinalt equaliser against Hereford watching the video on Youtube now gives me goosebumps everytime.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FA Cup Round 5 - January 1983

Liverpool 1
Brighton & Hove Albion 2

The greatest ever BHAFC without a doubt.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
2 Games that stand out for me were in the 1976/77 season.

Beating Ipswich Town 2-1 in extra time in a league cup replay and winning 3-2 against Sheffield wednesday that secured promotion, I watched both games from a packed north stand at the Goldstone.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Liverpool 2-2 Albion.

At Anfield in the cup. We were 2-0 down but Small and Byrne both scored to get them back to the Goldstone (which was another great game that we unfortunately lost in extra time).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
westham- brighton 2005. Took my father for his birthday. He went to every West Ham game as a kid and it was his first visit in nearly 50 years. He cried when singing 'Blowing Bubbles'... and we won!!!!

otherwise , despite Smith must score, wembley 83

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here