Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your best away game as an albion fan

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hereford May 1997, stood in the home stand next to my Herefordian wife, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and father-in-law who was a steward for the Bulls. Myself and another chap two seats behind me were models of restraint when the equaliser went in. However, dinner at the in-laws that night was somewhat subdued . . . .

Oh - and Tom Watt was a few rows behind us. Funnily enough, he recently mentioned on 'Fighting Talk' that the match was one of the most uncomfortable ones he'd ever attended.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I really enjoyed the 2-2 draw at Portman Road in the 02/03 (?) season. Tony Rougier got 2 I think and that gave us a sniff of staying up. We would have won it as well if it hadn't been for a Fabian Wilnis thunderbolt.

Agreed, we were outstanding second half and the crowd was amazing. This it was Martijn Reuser that scored their second.

Obviously I'd have to say Cardiff and Palace, but Ipswich was good, as was Millwall this season actually!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Leyton Orient 4-2 Brighton, FA Cup. Classic match for me, my favourite as a fan, despite the result.

But the Swindon 0-3 Brighton last season was massive for me personally, my friend was distraught! The 2-0 win there this season was just as important for me, she'd beaten me 2-0 at chess before it! :(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
1 nil away at West Ham was a good day.
2-1 away at Brammall Lane when Knight scored right at the death.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I quite enjoyed Plymouth away when we secured promotion from Div 3, won 2-0 and Bobby & Brooker scored, i think we needed about another 4 or 5 results to go for us that day, and they did :)

That was a great day. Seem to recall both our goals came early doors, and from then on it was a party with plenty of "You might as well go home" chants at the Plymouth. Clapped so hard at the end (when the team came on with a banner to celebrate going up) my arms hurt. Then onto a night out in Bournemouth with champagne on the way back. Doesn't get better than that.

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
1st - Play-off final at Cardiff - 2004
2nd - Palace 0-1 Brighton - 05/06
3rd - West Ham 0-1 Brighton - 04/05
4th - Spurs 2-1 Brighton -04/05

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
FA Cup, Anfield 90/91? came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. The home replay was heart breaking. The only game I've cried at (I was 10/11 then)

ditto and ditto- although I also cried after Notts County too...

Oct 25, 2003
the millenium stadium final wasn't that good........pretty poor atmosphere, hard to get any chants going and a poor game

it was decent after we scored and after the game finished and that........but before then......'meh'

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
1960 FA cup second replay at Highbury against Rotherham, we were both in the old second division then. We won 6-0 with many Arsenal fans there due to the fact Rotherham had knocked Arsenal out in the previous round.
I don't think I have ever seen an Albion side play such entertaining football as they did that night. The Arsenal fans could not believe the football we played.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hereford May 1997, stood in the home stand next to my Herefordian wife, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and father-in-law who was a steward for the Bulls. Myself and another chap two seats behind me were models of restraint when the equaliser went in. However, dinner at the in-laws that night was somewhat subdued . . . .

Oh - and Tom Watt was a few rows behind us. Funnily enough, he recently mentioned on 'Fighting Talk' that the match was one of the most uncomfortable ones he'd ever attended.

Couldn't get a ticket for the Brighton end, so my brother and I sat in the home stand (backing on to Edgar St.) It was a very difficult match to watch, especially not being able to release the tension of it all (due to where we were sat) after we scored (and ultimately drew).

We didn't give ourselves away as Brighton fans, but I think that at least 25% of those sat around us were also Albion by the expressions on the faces after the match. A most bizarre day, but not a match or situation I ever want to go through again. I've got the programme somewhere.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the millenium stadium final wasn't that good........pretty poor atmosphere, hard to get any chants going and a poor game

it was decent after we scored and after the game finished and that........but before then......'meh'

Thank feck it's not just me, all I hear is Cardiff this, Cardiff that :bla::bla::bla:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
- The day Leon notched a late winner at Brammell Lane was MINT. Cracking pass by Paul Reid. Matched only by being called a 'bum boy' outside by some ignorant grandad and his grandson.

- Palace away when we won 1v0.

- Peterborough away when Bobby Scored. Old school celebrations and I remember the buzz going round the terrace when we found out he was playing.

- Millwall in the JPT the other season was fun.

The play off final was over-rated.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here