Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your best away game as an albion fan

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
A slightly odd one for me, but my favourite was beating Peterborough 0-1 at London Road with Bobby scoring with 10 minutes to go. I think that pretty much guaranteed us the title/promotion.

I broke my sunglasess and lost a shoe in the ensuing melee.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Newcastle 1 - 3 Albion Promoted to Div 1, best away game ever.:yahoo:

Nottingham Forest 0 - 1 Albion plus we ended Forest's record breaking undefeated home run, Cloughie was their manager and I think we were in the bottom three of Div 1 at the time.:lol::lol::lol:

Spurs 0 - 1 Albion added bonus, went up with 2 of my plastic Spurs supporting mates, who were very quiet on the trip home :salute:

Happy days!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
For what it meant, it would have to be Hereford in 1997.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wolves 1 Brighton 4

Nelson got a hat trick i think

You forgot to add the other 2 scores from that evening as well................

Portsmouth 0 - plymouth 1
Liverpool 9 - C Palace 0

:laugh:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A slightly odd one for me, but my favourite was beating Peterborough 0-1 at London Road with Bobby scoring with 10 minutes to go. I think that pretty much guaranteed us the title/promotion.

I broke my sunglasess and lost a shoe in the ensuing melee.

There's nothing odd about that, Peteborough away is always amazing... The Cardiff playoff final on the other hand was relatively SHIT, no atmosphere and dreadful game... Obviously it was great when we won, and seeing that huge crowd, but I can't think of many away games that I've enjoyed less. There's even more to be said about my first trip to Wigan when we lost 3-0 (though the second 3-0 defeat took the biscuit).

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
ummmm millenium stadium play offs but run close by beating palace at selhurst 1-0....stragnely also winning at rushden and diamond as evening game, good crowd, we won and we were top!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Will someone tell me why Cardiff was so amazing? A couple of chants of AAAAALLLBIOOOON, ALLLLBBBIIOOOON! Shit game, no banter, etc.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I really enjoyed the 2-2 draw at Portman Road in the 02/03 (?) season. Tony Rougier got 2 I think and that gave us a sniff of staying up. We would have won it as well if it hadn't been for a Fabian Wilnis thunderbolt.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I quite enjoyed Plymouth away when we secured promotion from Div 3, won 2-0 and Bobby & Brooker scored, i think we needed about another 4 or 5 results to go for us that day, and they did :)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Newcastle 1 Brighton 3, 1979. Pretty big day.
Yup, that's mine too. The journey home on the Seagull Special train with all the players (and the relaxation of the strict 'no alcohol' rule) remains one of the highlights of my life.

Second would be Sheff Wed at Highbury in 1983.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
You forgot to add the other 2 scores from that evening as well................

Portsmouth 0 - plymouth 1
Liverpool 9 - C Palace 0

:laugh:

Happy days! I remember keeping very quiet outside the ground though - some right local nutters about.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't go to a huge amount of away games. In fact, it probably averages out at about 2 a year since I began supporting Brighton.

My favourite from the bundle I have been to was the 2-1 victory at The Madejski. Brilliant performance, a cheeky goal from Bobby and Brooker and a 'glorious' finish from Deathbed Kitson. Where did those 6 minutes injury time come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here