Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X-Factor

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
As a first-time watcher of X Factor this weekend (my daughter insisted) I conclude the following:

Leona: overrated Maria Carey sing-along-a-like (and 1 Maria Carey in the world is already too many). She'll get to the final so that there's a choice of boy or girl.

The Scottish Brothers: Rubbish, couldn't hold a tune up to a mirror and so resorted to a crowd friendly singalong complete with Scottish accents, encouraged crowd singing and clapping to drown out their own inadequacies (sp?). Absolute pants and can't beleive their own luck so far. Come back the White Heather Club.

The Boy Band: The guy on the right was flat and only there 'cos he's a mate, the rest were bland, boring amateurs. The only one trying was the guy with dyed black hair (and he was trying to be Shirley Bassey) But Louis pretty much knew that they weren't going to win 'cos he promised them a contract anyway "without Simon", which (as I understand it) they wouldn't need if they won??

The Guy with the Hair and the Piano: One trick Pony. Ruined the only decent song that Elton John has ever written. He shouts and calls it singing. No talent. He'll probably win 'cos the ladies will fancy him.

Ray: Looked like a young Cliff Richards (intentionally). His first song was very well done (and one of my favourite songs). he held the tune all the way thru (which is more than can be said for any of the others) and looked the part. He was the best on the show but perhaps his youth will mean that he needs to do musicans for a while and then move to recording. He'll come second after which see my comments below.........

Anyway, doesn't history prove that it's better NOT to win X Factor (and it's look-alikes)?? The acts who come 2nd or 3rd seem to have much better success than the "Winners" - ref that big bird that won a year or so ago, that clueless bloke from last year, Gareth Gates (and how did I remember his name??).

They won and dissapeared whereas Girls Aloud, the Gay bloke with the lisp, the Black guy (Limahl??)who came third and is now in the top twenty etc etc all came 2nd or 3rd.

I rest my case.

:cool:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Anyway, doesn't history prove that it's better NOT to win X Factor (and it's look-alikes)?? The acts who come 2nd or 3rd seem to have much better success than the "Winners" - ref that big bird that won a year or so ago, that clueless bloke from last year, Gareth Gates (and how did I remember his name??).

They won and dissapeared whereas Girls Aloud, the Gay bloke with the lisp, the Black guy (Limahl??)who came third and is now in the top twenty etc etc all came 2nd or 3rd.

I rest my case.

:cool: [/B]

Gareth Gates came 2nd to Will Young. Girls Aloud won, along with a boy band and it was a battle to see who got Xmas no 1.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
desprateseagull said:
if scotland want independence, will their MP's leave the English parliament too?

They have two bites at the cherry with both parliaments and it looks like the next Prime Minister will be a jock as both Brown and Reid are sweatys.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
FamilyGuy said:
As a first-time watcher of X Factor this weekend (my daughter insisted) I conclude the following:

The Guy with the Hair and the Piano: One trick Pony. Ruined the only decent song that Elton John has ever written. He shouts and calls it singing. No talent. He'll probably win 'cos the ladies will fancy him.

:cool:

Totally disagree. I love Elton John's songs and have been to see him liv, but I thought Ben's rendition was even better. He's unlikely to win as the men who actiually watch will go for Leona, who I find monotously boring, although she can sing well. Apart from that, her parents spent £80k sending her to stage school and performing arts and she's apparently been in East Enders. I'd rather someone who hasn't had the same opportunities won.

I really hope Ben succeds and goes on tour. He's one of the best singers I've ever heard - I love gravellly voiced singers.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Fran Hagarty said:
Totally disagree. I love Elton John's songs and have been to see him liv, but I thought Ben's rendition was even better. He's unlikely to win as the men who actiually watch will go for Leona, who I find monotously boring, although she can sing well. Apart from that, her parents spent £80k sending her to stage school and performing arts and she's apparently been in East Enders. I'd rather someone who hasn't had the same opportunities won.

I really hope Ben succeds and goes on tour. He's one of the best singers I've ever heard - I love gravellly voiced singers.

The Mcdonald brothers are mostly likely to win going by the people who watch it and vote

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
desprateseagull said:
has there been any ORIGINAL songs done this series, or are they redoing stuff which simon, dharon and that oirish fella have royalties from..?

think the winner is releasing unchained melody as their first single

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
The Complete Badger said:
How can a duo sing hits such as:

Up on the roof
Unchained Melody
What becomes of the broken hearted
I believe

.....and NOT find themselves tagged as national ICONS? It defies belief in my humble opinion:nono:

I quite agree..and btw respect your opinion as it is NOT humble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here