Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham replay is live on S4C on Tuesday, 7:45pm kickoff [Finally]

DanWrexham

Jan 3, 2011
Post on our forum:

A precis of what has happened:

S4C came to an agreement with The FA and the other broadcasters this morning and announced the match would be live on Tuesday at 1945 - S4C's preferred time and date.

Since then, ESPN intimated they would like to broadcast the match too but that this would have to be on the Wednesday night.

S4C agreed to a switch to a Wednesday night simul-broadcast, with the game being in Welsh on S4C and in English on ESPN as this would see the club receive a larger broadcast fee than if it were on S4C alone.

There has been an unfortunate missunderstanding in that S4C were told the match was confirmed for Wednesday when discussion with the clubs were continuing - this is unfortunate and something which has confused matters.

As things stand, if BHA agree, the match will be on Wednesday on S4C and ESPN. If BHA object to the switch, the match will be on Tuesday on S4C only.

This is not an official S4C press release, this is just me trying to calm the situation down and explain in simple terms what has happened and why.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
But S4C are saying the game is on Wednesday......this is just crazy. I feel for tha Albion fans who have got tickets for what've day its on!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Just checked, and ESPN are showing a Coppa Italia game on the Wednesday night (8pm), how are they planning to squeeze this one in?

EDIT: Beaten to it.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
So why the fracking hell did espn not put their hat into the ring from the start instead of causing all this confusion, toss pots

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If those are the options I suspect Gus will want to play on Tuesday

Edit just seen latest from Wrexham person

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
My sky planner is showing it as S4C channel 134 on Wednesday

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So Wrexham want Wednesday as they need the extra TV revenue gus wants Tuesday to give recovery time for players for pboro.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What's wrong with playing Wednesday then Saturday anyway never known that as an issue before !!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here