Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham match OFF - Rescheduled for Weds 18 Jan - 7.15pm (merged threads)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Suddenly becoming very mild here... yesterday at 12 noon our car park was still covered in frost.... today it is completely thawed and the grass has gone from white to green very quickly - even in the shade! Quite cloudy overhead and definitely warming up....

No surprises there, I'm sure they could have got the match on quite easily if they'd wanted to.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This all could have been avoided.

Yep.

Trace it back to the moment Wrexham had just equalised, and Gus STILL went ahead with immediately hauling off Navarro and Buckley, putting on Kasim and Rodgers in their place. The result - zero width and 6 kids, against a confident team with their tails up.

I'm not saying we would have gone on and won had those changes not been made - but he certainly made it as difficult as possible.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Being a Virgin should not really stop you watching it...surely??? :lol:

OMG I have to be careful what I type on here!!!! Lucky I am a virgin isn't it!!:lolol::lolol:

:lol: don't worry your very safe on here...all the guys have had a full CRB check and to date we have 8,767 serial rapists......3,178 sex maniacs........2,954 ASBOs and the rest are all typing from residential homes......now...WHERE DO YOU LIVE????? :lol:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It will be 5 degrees @ 4pm, anyone take a photo of green pitch then? Should have insisted on a late review , now tired for Sat

wrexhamfan

Sep 19, 2006
No surprises there, I'm sure they could have got the match on quite easily if they'd wanted to.

We might have got it on. Equally, we may have struggled to thaw the sides of the pitch that are in shade. If we'd waited until mid-afternoon, travelling fans (and I suspect we'll have almost as many as you coming up from down south) would have been messed around.

Easiest thing to do is call it off early (and it's the ref's decision, not ours) and let everyone know where we stand.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It will be 5 degrees @ 4pm, anyone take a photo of green pitch then? Should have insisted on a late review , now tired for Sat

its not unusal for Wednesday fixtures, your be suprised to no that on more than one occassion Brighton have played on Wednesdays before and amazingly on the Saturday after with no ill effects. I mean what will they do Thursday and Friday apart from Golf, Gym, more golf, Shopping, light work out.........

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What's really angered me is this puts us in all sorts of trouble for Peterborough.

In fact, Gus may just ship more of the kids up to whatever hotel they're in for tomorrow and play an entirely different side now, and I'd be totally with him.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yep.

Trace it back to the moment Wrexham had just equalised, and Gus STILL went ahead with immediately hauling off Navarro and Buckley, putting on Kasim and Rodgers in their place. The result - zero width and 6 kids, against a confident team with their tails up.

I'm not saying we would have gone on and won had those changes not been made - but he certainly made it as difficult as possible.

But then we would have missed the opportunity of seeing Brighton play in Europe with foriegn TV commentary...it going to be frigging hilarious if the highlights were anything to go by.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What's really angered me is this puts us in all sorts of trouble for Peterborough.

In fact, Gus may just ship more of the kids up to whatever hotel they're in for tomorrow and play an entirely different side now, and I'd be totally with him.

why?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But then we would have missed the opportunity of seeing Brighton play in Europe with foriegn TV commentary...it going to be frigging hilarious if the highlights were anything to go by.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually looking forward to it as well. But as per last season, the reason we've got another unwanted and inconvenient replay is squarely down to one fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here