Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham match OFF - Rescheduled for Weds 18 Jan - 7.15pm (merged threads)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Could get a load of sheep on the pitch ? Wouldn't the wool act as insulation ???

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BUGGER.

was ready to go tonight , can't go tomorrow

so will have to try and get a refund , guessing it's a trip up to the AMEX for me this afternoon.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Refunds will not affect your loyalty points. In other words, money back and still retain points from ticket purchase. :)

Exactly (else I would've held onto the ticket) - doesn't say HOW you go about it mind

to be honest I'm going to end up spending the money at the shop!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Selfish I know, but every cloud an all that... If the game was on tonight, I'd have had to watch on a bloody portable tv, because my samsung went Kput. But tomorrow I am taking delivery of my new 47" LED 3D tv. So I am looking forward to the game even more now.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Could get a load of sheep on the pitch ? Wouldn't the wool act as insulation ???
Its Wrexham, most of them will be at home waiting for their boyfriends to come home from work.

***opens self up to lengthy ban for 'racism'***

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Selfish I know, but every cloud an all that... If the game was on tonight, I'd have had to watch on a bloody portable tv, because my samsung went Kput. But tomorrow I am taking delivery of my new 47" LED 3D tv. So I am looking forward to the game even more now.

47" led the way to go SS, what brand?

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Looking at the picture of Poyet standing on the pitch this morning, the pitch is clearly unplayable at present. I'm guessing they looked at the potential later forecast & decided -"nah".

Looking at the frost in that picture, there's no way the pitch was covered surely? Why?

At this time of year, if there was a forecast of heavy frost, why wasn't the pitch covered? When its a live game, the clubs & TV companies usually pull out all the stops to make sure the game goes ahead. Its in nobodies financial interest to have a game called off. Its quite common for TV companies to supply & foot the bill for covers when a game may be at risk. Surprised ESPN/SC4 never made those arrangements for this game?

This delay could have an unsettling effect on the match preparations for both this game & Peterborough. Maybe it wouldn't have been quite such an issue had it been a home game Saturday? I'll be surprised if the delay doesn't cause Gus to alter his team selection for tomorrow night?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Football in non-HD will look SHITHOUSE on that. (Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood now).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Looking at the picture of Poyet standing on the pitch this morning, the pitch is clearly unplayable at present. I'm guessing they looked at the potential later forecast & decided -"nah".

Looking at the frost in that picture, there's no way the pitch was covered surely? Why?

At this time of year, if there was a forecast of heavy frost, why wasn't the pitch covered? When its a live game, the clubs & TV companies usually pull out all the stops to make sure the game goes ahead. Its in nobodies financial interest to have a game called off. Its quite common for TV companies to supply & foot the bill for covers when a game may be at risk. Surprised ESPN/SC4 never made those arrangements for this game?

This delay could have an unsettling effect on the match preparations for both this game & Peterborough. Maybe it wouldn't have been quite such an issue had it been a home game Saturday? I'll be surprised if the delay doesn't cause Gus to alter his team selection for tomorrow night?

Wrexham don't own covers.

S4C are only a budget tv channel, so they probably wouldn't be able to afford the covers.

ESPN are only taking the feed from S4C onto a minority channel, so they probably couldn't care less.

As for Gus, only he knows what his plans are!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here