Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham match OFF - Rescheduled for Weds 18 Jan - 7.15pm (merged threads)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yep.

Trace it back to the moment Wrexham had just equalised, and Gus STILL went ahead with immediately hauling off Navarro and Buckley, putting on Kasim and Rodgers in their place. The result - zero width and 6 kids, against a confident team with their tails up.

I'm not saying we would have gone on and won had those changes not been made - but he certainly made it as difficult as possible.

The time between when Kaz went off and the subs madem, we were pretty shit. I thought the kids did well when they came on, almost scored. I was very happy with the subs. Dunno where all this anti-cup Gus stuff is coming from.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I'm confused now .....................so are we playing in your car park, with security cameras downloading on line .........................?

I'll sort it now after a word with Gus ... but the commentary will be crap as my 10 year-old is still learning Welsh and just about does the colours, the numbers, 'good morning', 'congratulations' and 'Craig Bellamy'

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
weather is getting better... just caught this of the Albion players sunning it at the Carden Park Hotel about 5 minutes ago ... and as for Dicker's broken leg and five hamstring injuries, it is obviously all a Gus ploy....:eek:

Attachments

• Brighton carden.jpg
    Brighton carden.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 140

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
C'maann, Bristol was a whole WEEK after the Wrexham game - I'm sure leaving Buckles and Nav on for the last half hour wouldn't have made any difference to their performances 7 days on (unless they'd got KNOBBLED obviously, but that can happen in any game). Nav was on the bench anyway for Bristol.

If we were 2-0 up I could fully understand that sub. But having just got pegged back to 1-1, it was an ECCENTRIC move that all but sealed a replay (at best).

So you'd rather risk another injury to Buckley for the sake of a bunch of kids, most of whom did better than their regular first-team counterparts?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We'll have some good analysis on Peterboro to squeeze into only 2 training sessions now I'd imagine. .

Any reason why they can't look at any of that in a training session today, assuming they have a pitch to train on?

(ignoring the fact that two of Saturday's team - Greer and CMS, are probably not there...)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
weather is getting better... just caught this of the Albion players sunning it at the Carden Park Hotel about 5 minutes ago ... and as for Dicker's broken leg and five hamstring injuries, it is obviously all a Gus ploy....:eek:

Sandaza and Baz are back - YEAH!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any reason why they can't look at any of that in a training session today, assuming they have a pitch to train on?

(ignoring the fact that two of Saturday's team - Greer and CMS, are probably not there...)

maybe but they'll surely be focusing on the next game ie Wrexham?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
What's OGH doing there?

all part of Gus's cunning ruse ... notice Baz and Battipiedi are still with us too.
Glorious weather here!
Saw some guys coming out of the public toilets near the Wrexham swimming pool in just vests and shorts earlier and a just passed a farmer giving his sheep an early sheering ...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The time between when Kaz went off and the subs madem, we were pretty shit. I thought the kids did well when they came on, almost scored. I was very happy with the subs. Dunno where all this anti-cup Gus stuff is coming from.

So you'd rather risk another injury to Buckley for the sake of a bunch of kids, most of whom did better than their regular first-team counterparts?

The kids did *ok* all things considered (although I can't say I was overly impressed with Kasim again). I'd still have fancied our chances of regaining control of that game had more 1st teamers been left on the pitch though.

As for "risking" Buckley - I'm sorry, but we've paid a million quid for this fella. If we're going to keep wrapping him in cotton wool then what was the point ? Wrexham were by no means a bunch of cloggers, Buckley didn't appear to be struggling, so lets have him help us win another game and save all this unwanted replay gubbins we've got ourselves embroiled in once again. Buckley has travelled, he could just as easily get crocked tomorrow if he plays, in a game which could and should have been avoided.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Completely managed to miss this news. Just sitting down to watch the game.

:lolol:

Luckily the Newyddion a'r Tywydd is on instead, followed by Pobol y Cwm.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dont understand why they cant play on that pitch tonight very naughty by wrexham to get the espn cash

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here