Would you pay a tenner a year for NSC?

Would you pay a tenner a year for NSC?

• Yes, I'd pay.

Votes: 123 76.4%
  • No, I won't.

Votes: 38 23.6%

• Total voters

Yorkie said:
Where are all these people queuing up to take over NSC?

I'm sure there are plenty of budding webmasters on here that would love a crack at it. Not suggesting they'd all succeed, but there would certainly be no shortage of applicants (not me though, if you're wondering. I've got my hands full with NSP).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Safeway I was trying to diffuse the situation with a little bit of humour.

Sorry I obviously failed :(

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
I wouldn't pay a subscription fee but I WOULD pay ten bones should we need to at a meet up or something - probably even if non-complusary.

Yeah Safeway, you're right, that bandit did start it - KICK HIS ASS, SEABASS!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I think we need to decide how much it will cost per year.

I have no idea; but if all the people who have said they will pay actually do pay then quite a lot of money will be raised.

It may be more appropriate to have a collection at the next geekfest (meet up) or a fund raising night as TLO suggested.

Either way, I'm happy to donate.

Robbo

Safeway said:
Turkey, do you mind? I'm talking to the organ grinder, not the monkey. Haven't you got some post counts to f*** up or something?

And Yorkie, I'm not sure how you arrive at your 'FG' conclusion but I can assure you that's not the case. FG is a spastic that contantly spouts the same, monotanous bullshit for the sake of it, without foundation or reason. This is not Bozza-bashing for the sake of it, it's an arguement which, at the risk of starting like a school kid, he started after trying to humiliate me.

Thats top quality abuse safeway you CLACKER

it did make me chuckle!!

And yes, i'd probably pay the tenner before you ask!

:jester:

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Geekfest, geekfest, geekfest!

I'll bring my medicated hair cream and x-ray glasses incase girls turn up

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
Bozza said:
I know several messageboards that I just happen to have passed through that would not exist if it were not for user contributions. In no instance is it a charge - non-contributors are free to use the site. But in each case, if it were not for the contributions of some users, who obviously value the messageboard, the site would not be there.
The messageboard I run/maintain got closed down last week over CPU usage. But thankfully various people who use the board have been donating since April last year so was able to get it back online again within 24 hours.

Since more donations have winged there way through and there's now enough in the kitty to keep it going for a while yet.

Donations have varied from £5 to £10, right up to £50. One chap has even set up a standing order paying £10 per month.

Like NCS I can see the future being a dedicated server but I would resist any thoughts of making it subscription only. I encourage any donators to let me say they have contributed, although don't say by how much, but some would rather stay anonymous.

poke

Oct 19, 2003
i would pay, but i think a fundraiser would be a good idea. any excuse for a piss-up :drink:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Safeway said:
By the way Darren, I'll resist the temptation to say "If you can't run the site without it going down every two or three months then perhaps you should hand over to someone that can"

NSP springs to mind Safeway :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'd pay. NSC is a victim of its own success, if it wasn't so good and only had about 50 posts a day there wouldn't be a problem with bandwidth, hosting cpu useage etc. And sorry Safeway Bozza DID save NSC. That isn't having a dig at you because I quite admire you (setting up NSP, organising meet-ups) but it IS true.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Safeway said:
If that's the case then why bother with a poll at all? Simply ask people to post their thoughts and everything's out in the open. You're right, I'm not ashamed of my stance. My first post in this thread was asking if the banner ad option had been exhausted and left it that. I deliberately didn't spill my guts on the subject because it would have reopened the can of worms that has been done so many times before with the same result (us two barneying). However I'm not going to sit by when you attempt to single me out.

You see, it's your tone. "some users, who obviously value the messageboard" - By making comments like that and "Those who do not value the site enough to want to make a contribution" you're attempting to draw a line between those who 'value' NSC and those that apparently do not. It's like someone saying "yeah, well I drive 250 miles to Albion home games because I've got nothing better to, therefore I must be a better fan than you." Perhaps that's not your intention, but that's how it's coming across to me at least.

Turkey, do you mind? I'm talking to the organ grinder, not the monkey. Haven't you got some post counts to f*** up or something?

And Yorkie, I'm not sure how you arrive at your 'FG' conclusion but I can assure you that's not the case. FG is a spastic that contantly spouts the same, monotanous bullshit for the sake of it, without foundation or reason. This is not Bozza-bashing for the sake of it, it's an arguement which, at the risk of starting like a school kid, he started after trying to humiliate me.

I don't think Bozza was trying to humiliate you. Did anyone else get that impression?

Oh and if I want to say something I'll say something. Haven't you got some message board to spam?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think Bozza was trying to humiliate Safeway, but safeway likes that but not when it rubs him up the wrong way even though he likes that too. It's kind of a double negative situation you see.

f*** all of you. Fuckers.

Turkey said:
I don't think Bozza was trying to humiliate you. Did anyone else get that impression?

Don't know, why don't you run another unanonymous poll?

Turkey said:
Oh and if I want to say something I'll say something. Haven't you got some message board to spam?

f*** me, someone's got a right load of fire in their belly lately, eh?

FYI, I'm happy spamming NSC, ta very much.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What have I done wrong now :cry:.

I'm fed up with this shit. Nor more posting by me 'till after Q.P.R.

Adios boys. :wave: :(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's all getting a bit personal for my liking.

Sorry to hear taht Turkey, i think the ribbing just got a bit too enthusiastic.

Hopefully i'll see you at Rangers.:)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I would pay my €14

Polls should be anonymous, I won't be using them in future.

If Bozza just wanted to get safeways reasons he could have just PM'd him. You can only conclude he wanted to name and shame him. Safeway is right to be pissed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here