Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you leave england,if you could.?

William Chops

Feb 3, 2007
Djmiles said:
THAT'S your argument for saying England isn't a great country?

:yawn:

No, but it is one of many reasons. I note that no one has come up with a decent reason to stay in the UK. Tell me something we are good at.....please.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
William Chops said:
No, but it is one of many reasons. I note that no one has come up with a decent reason to stay in the UK. Tell me something we are good at.....please.

Moaning.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
William Chops said:

Have you ever lived abroad?

afters said:
certainly would, and actively considering so.

we have a house in france (near bordeaux) and one day we'll share time down there with brighton, but the immediate future....who knows

Dear Afters do you rent it out ..................and the house?

LC?

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I wish all these miserable people who claim to hate England so much would just f*** off and leave. It's bloody easy to get a job in NZ, USA or Oz so please go away. Every country has it's crap aspects and it's pretty much up to you if you enjoy a place or simply wallow in your own misery.

Personally I think that for a small country there is a hell of a lot going for it. The UK as a whole (and we are one country) has some great cities from London, Bristol and Manchester to smaller ones like Edinburgh and York. The countryside and our coastline is beautiful and at times spectacular. Countries like France and Spain are nice for a holiday but too one dimensional to me. Places like the US and HK are cool but too manic for me for the long run. We have great architecture here (I think London's riverside at night is one of the most stunning sights in the world), lots of sport to watch and be involved in, and my friends and family are here. I also like our media, culture, comedy, people and as a greedy shit I love the variety of food you can get - not just in London but also in e.g. Brighton.

Take your skinny lattes, your love of humid summers, and your grass-is-greener mentality and f*** off. And take some of those bastards who come to country for work and endlessly slag it off (mainly antipodeans and europeans where I work) with you.

Oh, and if you think the weather is always nice in e.g. NZ, France and the US remember they have seasons too. Wankers.

William Chops

Feb 3, 2007
Il Duce said:
I wish all these miserable people who claim to hate England so much would just f*** off and leave. It's bloody easy to get a job in NZ, USA or Oz so please go away. Every country has it's crap aspects and it's pretty much up to you if you enjoy a place or simply wallow in your own misery.

Personally I think that for a small country there is a hell of a lot going for it. The UK as a whole (and we are one country) has some great cities from London, Bristol and Manchester to smaller ones like Edinburgh and York. The countryside and our coastline is beautiful and at times spectacular. Countries like France and Spain are nice for a holiday but too one dimensional to me. Places like the US and HK are cool but too manic for me for the long run. We have great architecture here (I think London's riverside at night is one of the most stunning sights in the world), lots of sport to watch and be involved in, and my friends and family are here. I also like our media, culture, comedy, people and as a greedy shit I love the variety of food you can get - not just in London but also in e.g. Brighton.

Take your skinny lattes, your love of humid summers, and your grass-is-greener mentality and f*** off. And take some of those bastards who come to country for work and endlessly slag it off (mainly antipodeans and europeans where I work) with you.

Oh, and if you think the weather is always nice in e.g. NZ, France and the US remember they have seasons too. Wankers.

Totally agree with your sentiments on England, it's just a shame it has to be shared with so many thick luddites and the fact that little seems to work or run on time.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Have lived and travelled abroad,and apart from the foreigners it was nearly okayish.

I don't think I'll ever return to England from Somersetshire,though.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
England, taxed to death.
Run by Tony.
Sh*te weather.
Roads clogged up.
Far too many plebs out at nightime ruining it for nice people.
Way too many spongers taking the p*ss out of the benefits system whilst other deserving causes go without.
Too many people in service industry who can't even speak the language.

Yep, glad to be living abroad.

.:drink:

Just miss The Albion, that's all :(

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I'm 15 and you know what, I probably will end up living somewhere else at a certain time, but I don't want to, I love Brighton and I love Sussex.

Caveman said:
If we had the weather this country would be the best in the world by a long shot.

huh??

Didn't we just have a really long last summer, mild sunny autumn, only a smattering of sporadic rain and a couple of chilly mornings with frost or snow, and already now an amazing several soft-sunny spring days?

A short spectrum of easily bearable breaks in the sun that actually gave a little variety to our weather, and the rest....bright and brilliant!

Where's the 'if' here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am leaving, I will be moving to Berlin in July initially for a 6 month work break.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
moving to puglia in a week or two - not got much money but got skills and refuse to give this gov another penny of my tax.

this country is f00ked.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Will be out of here in 5 Years - basically waiting for the father-in-law to shuffle off the mortal coil as the wife won't leave the country until then. Will build up some teaching experience, add a Masters, and will look at US or Aus moving on the "professional" visa basis.

It's just not really my country any more, don't want to go, but I find it harder to live in this country with the current government and it's priorities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here