Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you change stands

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Happy with the East on the whole, but there do seem to be a lot of new fans in there - lacks a bit of passion or commitment or something. Also want to be further back, too low down to get a proper perspective. Will probably be looking to change for next season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Front row upper west, right next to exit to the concourse, right next to the bar, right next to the stairs on the way out.

I honestly think I've got one of the best seats in the house and it's within the cheaper price range.

Nope.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I've used the cup matches to sit in every stand at The Amex and the one place I thought was shit was WSU. I honestly don't get the fuss about it. Everywhere else was top notch though, as you would expect. I'll probably stay in WSL next season, although I think the East will become a better option once the expansion is done.

The WSU is so big that it probably depends where you are in it. From my experience, somewhere near the center of G Block, it is fantastic. Lots of noise and a great view.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wonder how changing your seat will work? Presumably you'd have to commit yourself to losing your current seat first in the hope of finding a better one...?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
back of the north and bloody love it! yet to sit down, and surrounded by some good people. almost like the old days.....hopefully there for a long time yet!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm WSU season ticket holder but have sat in North and WSL. WSL has to be worst in my opinion. The steepness of that tier is to shallo and even if your sitting quite a way back you don't get the perspective of the game.

North is good for atmosphere and if you get a view to the side i.e not watching the game through the netting then its a good place to watch.

I'm biased because I chose to sit WSU and being 3 rows from the front and on the aisle I wouldn't change my seat. The only thing is we could do with a few more singers but I think that comes with the nature of a lot of people up there thinking they need to be entertained all the time. The Palace game up in WSU was such a diluted atmosphere, none of the intensity that I expected from a lot of old skool Brighton that were meant to be around.

CP game - it was the dire performance on the pitch for the last 70 minutes of the game that caused the unease & quiteness.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Front row upper west, right next to exit to the concourse, right next to the bar, right next to the stairs on the way out.

I honestly think I've got one of the best seats in the house and it's within the cheaper price range.

Nope.

Ditto. Planned to get them back in January, and struck lucky.
You haven't pinched our seats have you?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. In my one experience of it (Gillingham game), I was in row 11 and towards the North Stand, although not in the very cheapest blocks at the very end. I thought it was way too high and felt totally out of touch with the game. I imagine if you're at the front it's pretty good, as in reality you're only a few feet above what the club are selling as the best seats in the ground. I would only be happy with the front 3/4 rows though. Anything higher and I think you lose out on atmosphere.

Cost ... you're spot on. At £380, just feet above 1901ers who pay £1,440 giving them complimentary coffee and arm rests. :lol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very lucky to get those front row seats, as Badger says just a few metres away from the most expensive in the house. Wasn't sure about the drop at first, but got used to it very quickly.

I do like the option of leaning on the wall in front or sitting back in my seat. Alternating my positioning throughout the game without affecting my view.

l prefer to sit back when a penalty is being taken, usually crossing my arms. I suspect that would be my default position if ever I had the opportunity to be present at a public execution (*)

(*) if I had a seat elevated from the main action, with a small wall in front to stop me from falling but not high enough to inhibit my view.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very lucky to get those front row seats, as Badger says just a few metres away from the most expensive in the house. Wasn't sure about the drop at first, but got used to it very quickly.

I do like the option of leaning on the wall in front or sitting back in my seat. Alternating my positioning throughout the game without affecting my view.

l prefer to sit back when a penalty is being taken, usually crossing my arms. I suspect that would be my default position if ever I had the opportunity to be present at a public execution.

WSU front row too ... alternate between resting backwards feet on wall, or leaning forward on the wall. Are banners, part covering advertsing boards allowed? My lad talked of getting one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here