Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you change stands

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In East stand block D or E (which is North stand side of halfway line) row J.

In which case you're very close to me. I agree, the lack of singing is annoying. I stand and sing Sussex By The Sea before every game (and second half), no-one else seems interested.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
In which case you're very close to me. I agree, the lack of singing is annoying. I stand and sing Sussex By The Sea before every game (and second half), no-one else seems interested.

my brother, my mate and I try to sing as much as poss but it is a struggle - seems like there are pockets of us (singers) all over the East - we need to congregate!!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I'm WSU season ticket holder but have sat in North and WSL. WSL has to be worst in my opinion. The steepness of that tier is to shallo and even if your sitting quite a way back you don't get the perspective of the game.

North is good for atmosphere and if you get a view to the side i.e not watching the game through the netting then its a good place to watch.

I'm biased because I chose to sit WSU and being 3 rows from the front and on the aisle I wouldn't change my seat. The only thing is we could do with a few more singers but I think that comes with the nature of a lot of people up there thinking they need to be entertained all the time. The Palace game up in WSU was such a diluted atmosphere, none of the intensity that I expected from a lot of old skool Brighton that were meant to be around.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
6028860344_63b75e261c_z.jpg

East Stand is fine. just love looking at this (prefer being in it tho)

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
my 9 year old and i are in the back row of the family stand. great view but almost silent. tried the north for the gills game and it was okay. its great that there are a few guys now trying to get it going in the family stand but we are to far awayand the people around us seem to be not interested at best. time for a change i feel but where?

I've used the cup matches to sit in every stand at The Amex and the one place I thought was shit was WSU. I honestly don't get the fuss about it. Everywhere else was top notch though, as you would expect. I'll probably stay in WSL next season, although I think the East will become a better option once the expansion is done.

I thought you were giving up your season ticket next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quite happy with WSU, Row I but will hopefully get the opportunity to move closer to front as the years roll by

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
my brother, my mate and I try to sing as much as poss but it is a struggle - seems like there are pockets of us (singers) all over the East - we need to congregate!!

I think that's the right phrase, there are pockets of singers. There's a big chap down the front who stands up to get involved in the "We're the...." chant but it never really catches on because the general consensus isn't there. People aren't really that bothered, and it's spoiling it a bit for me personally. Still, it's a nice seat with a good view and decent people all around (except one miserable ginger git).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
East Stand, F

I like a it a lot, you get less atmosphere than the West but not too bad, close enough to hear, look and laugh at the opposition, good views of both ends of the pitch and not got rained on yet. It's also better being oppositive the West stand as the stadium looks more impressive

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I wouldn't, I'm there to watch the game, not a structure. And I can imagine the atmos in the East is pretty tripe, that's why I avoided the family stand, was never taking my son in there.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
North stand till I die.

I suspect, and hope, some of the singers move towards the middle so we don't carry on singing different songs at the same time.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here