Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it be such a bad thing if we went down?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
bhaexpress said:
It wouldn't be thats certain but it wouldn't be the end of the world either. However, I can't quite see why people are getting so het up as we all knew it would be a struggle at the beginning of the season.

Exactly, we were favourites to go down, rightly so, and again its going to be close. If the board havent factored in the risk of an odds on relegation into their forecasts then they would have been grossly negligant!

But dont let that stop a few fans who know everything from telling you otherwise.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Rougvie if you think putting Bob Booker in charge is an option you are a fool who knows nothing about the game. Last time he was such a disaster he withrew HIMSELF from the race to get the top job. Hes one of the lads as well, and everyone knows footballers need a BOSS not a pal to kick their backsides into action.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Albion Dan said:
Exactly, we were favourites to go down, rightly so, and again its going to be close. If the board havent factored in the risk of an odds on relegation into their forecasts then they would have been grossly negligant!

But dont let that stop a few fans who know everything from telling you otherwise.

I'd be a liar if I said I was happy with the situation as like everybody else I'm not. There have been some failings true enough but this non stop whining and hand wringing by some is all a bit pointless as they don't seem to grasp our situation.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
bhaexpress said:
I'd be a liar if I said I was happy with the situation as like everybody else I'm not. There have been some failings true enough but this non stop whining and hand wringing by some is all a bit pointless as they don't seem to grasp our situation.

Or truly know any of the actual facts. Almost every negative is based on a rumour about fallings out, second-guessing what MM may or may not have done, or information that has travelled through a number of people and/or species before reaching the one who shares it on here.
It will be utterly disappointing if we go down and to answer the thread question yes it will be bad but we'll get over it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The side that is being put out tonight (going by argus) would struggle in lg 1.

The problems would still remain.
no left back - stupid goals let in
no striker - not enough scored.

Team spirit was one of the man reason the club bounced back up last time, is the same spirit still at the club?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
KinkyNormanBaker said:

Team spirit was one of the man reason the club bounced back up last time, is the same spirit still at the club?

You tell us you seem to think you know it all.

E

enigma

KinkyNormanBaker said:

Although there have been some disagreements, I think the spirit is still there.

The lack of left back and more importantly striker has been critical- noone has replace Virgo in terms of goals

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhaexpress said:
You tell us you seem to think you know it all.

Perhaps it is because we don't support a premiership team. :lol:

We have struggled three times in this division. Having been promoted as champions the first time. Does that not tell you, Kinky, that League One is a lower standard. Look how well Leon did down there....

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
KinkyNormanBaker said:

We would have to assume that it is until we hear otherwise. And don't use the recent outbursts by players as a benchmark, they have let their team mates down badly, everybody else within the squad seems to be together.

I'm more concerned that the manager has still got the players. I know Tank/Race was on here recently claiming that he had, but publicly they are going to say that. The body language, or lack of, that we saw Saturday against Leicester worried me immensly... It was the body language of somebody who has either given up, or doesn't know what to do next...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
Perhaps it is because we don't support a premiership team. :lol:

We have struggled three times in this division. Having been promoted as champions the first time. Does that not tell you, Kinky, that League One is a lower standard. Look how well Leon did down there....

Im not saying its not an easier league, im saying just becasue its easier doesnt mean brighton would walk it.
I bet Gillingham and Forest thought they would ease back to the championship.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think Magoo f***ed up in the beginning of the season when he never played the same 11 giving them a run out. After all according to LI early season results dont matter. Change one player maybe, but not the whole f***ing team.

Now he is trying all sorts of combinations in the hope something (anything) works.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BensGrandad said:
... The argument that people will watch a succesful side carries no weight because we are atWithdean and virtually filling it every week so the attendances will not alter except for the away support which very few teams in Div 1 have in comparison to CCC. If we sell out the away end next season it will be once if we are lucky.

We will have more matches to travel long distances to which means more overnight stays, more expense. Less TV revenue a total financial disaster without substantial cash input and where will that come from as things are at the moment..
All good points. In fact, even though it's been a bit bleak, I've agreed with a lot of what you've said on this thread .... I'm off for a lie-down.

.... before I go though I think it would be good for the younger players if we went down, blood them at a lower level whilst getting rid of the high-wage earners. No, I don't think it's much compensation either.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
KinkyNormanBaker said:
How does that thread seem to point towards I do?

Then again i guess you are just being a knobber again:wave:
#

That's rich coming from a whiny, whining loser who's not even a Brighton fan. Truth is it's pretty obvious that you haven't got a clue and get off posting rubbish.

What a sad little person you are.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
We would have to assume that it is until we hear otherwise. And don't use the recent outbursts by players as a benchmark, they have let their team mates down badly, everybody else within the squad seems to be together.

I'm more concerned that the manager has still got the players. I know Tank/Race was on here recently claiming that he had, but publicly they are going to say that. The body language, or lack of, that we saw Saturday against Leicester worried me immensly... It was the body language of somebody who has either given up, or doesn't know what to do next...

I would go along with that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhaexpress said:
#

That's rich coming from a whiny, whining loser who's not even a Brighton fan. Truth is it's pretty obvious that you haven't got a clue and get off posting rubbish.

What a sad little person you are.

So the fact is that some valid points where made and you "coventry deserved to be bombed" or whatever just resort to name calling, and im a loser?:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here