Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it be such a bad thing if we went down?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
KinkyNormanBaker said:
So the fact is that some valid points where made and you "coventry deserved to be bombed" or whatever just resort to name calling, and im a loser?:lolol:

You're a loser as you misquote and spread rumours based on your ignorance. You should get a job on the Sun.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brovian said:
I think it would be good for the younger players if we went down, blood them at a lower level whilst getting rid of the high-wage earners. No, I don't think it's much compensation either.

Yep I agree to some extent although as UB has said I bet they would prefer to be playing and testing themselves against Soton, Leeds and Wolves than Hartlepool, Barnsley and Chesterfield.

After all thats probably why Harding and Virgs were snapped up playing against half decent opposition.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhaexpress said:
You're a loser as you misquote and spread rumours based on your ignorance. You should get a job on the Sun.

Where have i misquoted?

spreading rumours? hang on this is a message board - one of the reasons for it is for rumours.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To be honest I'm gob smacked that crowds at Withdean have been as high as they have been. After all in 2 seasons how many matches have we won. I think most of all, most of us want to see us winning games. So if we we had a reasonable season in league 1 i.e winning games and play -offs (even if we didn't eventually go up) or just missed out by the odd point, then I think crowds would still be good for Withdean.

The figs for naming rights for Falmer etc must have been made when we were in league 1 (or even league 2). So where is this financial meltdown coming from? DK has said so many times that what cripples us financially is the fact that we cant get bigger crowds at Withdean. Getting loanees from Prem clubs will financially ruin us. Then its no Falmer and then no club. Bloomin eck, I would love to see some of these nutters household finances

If people are saying that they wont go to Withdean in league 1 cos its Hartlepool and not Sheff Utd, then they are not fans are they. If we are relying on fickle fans, then we are in a mess.

In summary, relegation will be a disappointment, but thats it. Maybe we do need a period of stability in a league, we have after all been rather spoiled these last 5 years.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DIFFBROOK said:

If people are saying that they wont go to Withdean in league 1 cos its Hartlepool and not Sheff Utd, then they are not fans are they. If we are relying on fickle fans, then we are in a mess.

what a strange thing to say. All clubs from Arsenal to Grays Athletic suffer from the "fickle fan syndrome".

If you recall at the Goldstone, when Mike Bailey was manager, there was a drop off of fans when we were in the highest position this small little club ever was. They were fickle in that they did not like the stuff on offer. In fact I seem to recall that the reserve games attendances picked up tremendously.

If next year we end up in mid to bottom of the table, gates will plummett....that is a given

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
Does that not tell you that League One is a lower standard.

It's lower, but not that much lower - I've seen suggestions that we'd near walk League One, but it wouldn't suddenly make our weak links into world-beaters. I can't see that this side would be anything more than outside contenders for the play-offs.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I think Magoo f***ed up in the beginning of the season when he never played the same 11 giving them a run out. After all according to LI early season results dont matter. Change one player maybe, but not the whole f***ing team.

Now he is trying all sorts of combinations in the hope something (anything) works.

The mess up is we sell players and do not always replace them. Leon was sold because of his attitude but that attitude got 5 goals and now we rely on Gatting as MM is not ready to give CKR an extended run.

DK cannot or will not splash cash, except on the Argie so we are stuck in this position until we get the ground

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I never actually said give Booker the job on a permanent basis, but for a short period (as it seems to have at Leicester) it cannot do any more harm to morale than McGhee has single handedly performed of late.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
I never actually said give Booker the job on a permanent basis, but for a short period (as it seems to have at Leicester) it cannot do any more harm to morale than McGhee has single handedly performed of late.

Maybe with Wilkins as his right hand man??

Certainly someone who can coach set pieces. Teach our glut of strikers where the goal is, talk the players up instead of down and tell Carole he really need to improve his crossing :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think giving Booker the job would be big mistake, he seems to close to the players. I'm not sure Wilkins would want to leave the youth, it seems that he enjoys that area of coaching to much. I don't think we would get anyone better than MM. I think MM's biggest problem is his whole approach seems to be a bit hit and miss. His selection and tactics were great against Leeds, terrible at Coventry. If he could decide on a set team and a set pattern of play that complements that team we would be doing ok.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
I think giving Booker the job would be big mistake, he seems to close to the players. I'm not sure Wilkins would want to leave the youth, it seems that he enjoys that area of coaching to much. I don't think we would get anyone better than MM. I think MM's biggest problem is his whole approach seems to be a bit hit and miss. His selection and tactics were great against Leeds, terrible at Coventry. If he could decide on a set team and a set pattern of play that complements that team we would be doing ok.

Well lets get wilkins in to coach the seniors then. He cant do any worse than the lardy clown :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyway I have my squad numbers in my velvet bag and im going to pick todays team Magoo style.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
bigc said:
McPhee only got 4 league goals in League 1.

But according to the club stats he only made 5 starts and 12 sub appearances. A useful player to have in your squad at that level.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Rougvie said:
Its a f***ing disatster, lets be honest, we had a better squad last time round, and we only made the lottery of the play-offs, there is no guarantee that our best players would stay (Seb Carole for starters) and the revenue for TV, matchday income etc is VITAL for Falmer.

I re-iterate is a f***ing disaster that can be averted if Dick Knight acts after the inevitable defeat tonight and remove McGhee.

Well I have read thru all 5 pages of this thread and this is the only one that makes sense to me.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell, Rougvie, you 2 are crackers.

Wilkins/Booker mangerial team?!!? dont make me laugh. It always amazes me how little people on here actual seem to know, or rather dont know about the beautiful game.
Imagine Wilkins/Booker trying to tell the likes of Charlie what to do.. theyd get a "f*** off mate" reply. Look at all the good managers over the years, they all had respect from the players and an element of fear over them. Fergie at United, Clough, Micky Adams, even Uncle Bobby when he was England gaffa knew how dish out a bollocking when he needed to. The thought of those 2 softies (Wilkins/Booker) in charge is just amusing.
Get a grip, to be in with a chance of staying up still is no mean feat and MM deserves better from ALOT of people on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here