Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it be such a bad thing if we went down?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The arguments put up about us getting automatic promotion next season, as if it is a god given right, is the same arguments I heard in the 60s and 90s when we went straight through the divisions to the bottom as far as the playing side is concerned.

The argument that people will watch a succesful side carries no weight because we are atWithdean and virtually filling it every week so the attendances will not alter except for the away support which very few teams in Div 1 have in comparison to CCC. If we sell out the away end next season it will be once if we are lucky.

We will have more matches to travel long distances to which means more overnight stays, more expense. Less TV revenue a total financial disaster without substantial cash input and where will that come from as things are at the moment..

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rougvie said:
I sugest you come along to Carrow Road tonight and call me a prick to my face.

I am sure you will have no problem finding me.

Oh right so its ok for you to patronise me but not ok for me to call you a prick for being so condescending and pessimistic.

Fair enough.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Much ado about nothing.

Most simplisitcaly the harm will only really come if we languish in that league (or, godforbid, lower) for more than one season.

Even if we only keep 70% of our current squad we will EASILY be pushing for the automatics-

henderson
reid hinsh el adb lynch
hart chip nicolas hammond
CKR Robinson

for instance.

We can only fill Withdean which we would do (just about) in any league we played.

I for one dont think there'd be any harm in going down for one season- we have done it before and we will do it again. Most importantly, the confidence and experience it will give Hinsh, El Abd, Lynch, Tommy Elphik, Gatting, Hammond, Loft, CKR, Robinson, little Hinsh, Nicolas, etc could have an exceptional effect on the team over the next few years.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ernest said:
Booker must go with Magoo to allow the new manager the freedom to bring in his own staff.

If MM is sacked then they should ALL go. We are constantly told it is team game so the back room team should be classed as one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
JR is missing so many chances why should he suddenly stop missing them in Div 1. Last Saturday for example when he blazed the ball over the bar the division we are in had no baring on that poor attempt.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
BensGrandad said:
We will have more matches to travel long distances to which means more overnight stays, more expense. Less TV revenue a total financial disaster without substantial cash input and where will that come from as things are at the moment..
I'm no financial expert but surely all of this is a non issue. The club will budget at the beginning of each season based on what revenue it has and what it expects to earn in that coming season. This is probably why we haven't signed anyone in the transfer window, because the current budget doesn't afford us enough money for the wages of most championship players. By not breaking the bank now the wage bill next season will be sustainable whatever division we are in.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A van der Meyde said:
Errrrrrrrm, don't you think Jason Dodd is a wise leader?

Hes not playing!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Neither is Charlie at the moment if you hadnt noticed. Say what you like but results have taken a nosedive since he has been out.

We have had better results with him in the team than without believe it or not.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ben's Grandad, for one minute can you stop acting like you know more than everyone else about the day to day running of the club and have something positive to say. Why are you so negative all the time?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
JR is missing so many chances why should he suddenly stop missing them in Div 1. Last Saturday for example when he blazed the ball over the bar the division we are in had no baring on that poor attempt.

Well we have all agreed that the standard of defending is not as great as that in the Championship, so that should answer that one. I am speculating of course.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Les Biehn said:
Ben's Grandad, for one minute can you stop acting like you know more than everyone else about the day to day running of the club and have something positive to say. Why are you so negative all the time?
I'd love to see a conversation between Grandad (bens), Morris (richie) and Speilberg (uncle). I'd give it two minutes until they're reaching for the razors

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Blimey, I go back out into the garden to finish chucking rubbish into a skip, come back in here and it is like WWIII has broken out. If the players could show the same sense of passion about their play tonight we should stuff Norwich.

Threatening to meet up and punch each others lights out will get us nowhere, if you want to let off steam why not go to Carrow Road tonight, have a pint together, agree to differ, shake hands, then roar the team on to victory, that is the only way we will stay in this division which all of us really want despite our varying opinions on how likely it is.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gully said:
Blimey, I go back out into the garden to finish chucking rubbish into a skip, come back in here and it is like WWIII has broken out. If the players could show the same sense of passion about their play tonight we should stuff Norwich.

Threatening to meet up and punch each others lights out will get us nowhere, if you want to let off steam why not go to Carrow Road tonight, have a pint together, agree to differ, shake hands, then roar the team on to victory, that is the only way we will stay in this division which all of us really want despite our varying opinions on how likely it is.

I can't go tonight because of work, and have no particular desire to get in a punch up. However I am fed up with people being so negative and would like them to get behind the team.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Les Biehn said:

Not at all JR was 5 yds from the goal and hit the ball 15 yds over the bar. Before shooting did he think I am in CCC I wont get moaned at if I miss or I am in Div 1 I must score this obviously not it is down to ability or lack of.

JR has the ability to make spaces at any level of the game what he doesn't have, however, is the ability of Kit Napier, Charlie Livesey, Peter Ward Gary Nelson etc to put the ball in the net. The big difference is that in CCC he gets perhaps 3 or 4 chances and has to score one in Div 1 he may get 6 or 7 in which to score 1.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You and me too Les, although I am off work it would probably take me half the week to get to Norwich and the other half to get back again, time that I can ill afford to waste.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Not at all JR was 5 yds from the goal and hit the ball 15 yds over the bar. Before shooting did he think I am in CCC I wont get moaned at if I miss or I am in Div 1 I must score this obviously not it is down to ability or lack of.

JR has the ability to make spaces at any level of the game what he doesn't have, however, is the ability of Kit Napier, Charlie Livesey, Peter Ward Gary Nelson etc to put the ball in the net. The big difference is that in CCC he gets perhaps 3 or 4 chances and has to score one in Div 1 he may get 6 or 7 in which to score 1.

You remind me of that old guy on the fast show who used to sit there getting nostalgic about the good old days.

'Supporting the albion is the hardest game in the world, I've been doing it for 50years now, man and boy'

Change the record! Robinson is young, whats to say if he fills out a bit, gets more confident by scoring a few in the division below he won't become a great player for us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It wouldn't be thats certain but it wouldn't be the end of the world either. However, I can't quite see why people are getting so het up as we all knew it would be a struggle at the beginning of the season.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think Peter Ward was young and untried at league level when he arrived from Burton Albion, didn't seem to hold him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here