Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

" Worst support we've ever seen" chant

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
But (in Block 36) no steward came near us. Everyone stood throughout the game.

Which is the whole point ... in a large crowd, what goes on around "me" is often unseen and unheard by people elsewhere in the ground.

It was never like that at the Priestfield.

Not in the Rainham end! ??? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

While we're having a moan about crap songs, can I mention "In your northern slums"?

Talk about sanctimonious crap!

Although I have a certain fondness for Manchester United's version:-

In your Monaco slums, in your Monaco slums,
Your mum's on the tables, your dad's in the bank,
You sit in your mansion whilst having a wank,
In your Monaco slums.

It's up there with Plymouth Argyle chanting "Dirty Northern Bastard" at Charlie Oatway.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Lord Bracknell said:
While we're having a moan about crap songs, can I mention "In your northern slums"?

In your Monaco slums.

It's up there with Plymouth Argyle chanting "Dirty Northern Bastard" at Charlie Oatway.

Celtic also did a version.
You look through the bins for something to eat
You find a dead lobster and think its a treat

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:

In your Monaco slums.

"In your northern slums" has been sung since the early 70s if not longer! It was very appropriate then - particularly when sung to Leeds, Manure, and Liverpool/Everton. Still has some truth to it now. Take a good look at Sheffield on Saturday - fuc*ing toilet!

Lord Bracknell said:

Spot on, LordB. Same with 'Does the Social know you're here', as sung regularly to fans of northern teams. Bearing in mind the south of England voted for the scum who put much of the north on the dole while doing all it could to subsidise and promote the 'industries' of the south, it's pretty f***ing disgusting. You also have to remember that quite a few Albion fans - especially away supporters at games in the north - are northerners with family connections to Brighton (and thus the Albion). Most of us would hate to live in the over-populated car park that is the south of England. We much prefer the quality of life in the north.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Sneaky George said:
Once in a while, when the home support has been really quiet this has been a good chant and a good bit of banter. But it's totally lost its impact because there are now some fans who sing this every away match for **cks sake! You know who you are.

Frankly, it's all getting a bit embarrassing. How on earth people could sing it at Spurs when the ground was full I don't know. Yes, we out sung them but " worst support" ? I don't think so.

Time to stop singing it.

What he said.
I first heard it at Derby 2 years ago. It was funny for most of that season where most clubs we thought would be deafening were, in fact, not.
But now it's embarrassing. My mate and I nearly always say at the start of a game "how long til the worst support chant" (9 minutes at Millwall)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It usually follows on from 'There's no-one there, there's no-one there...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
one song I will NOT be singing on saturday "you should've stayed with the big club!", completley wrong & pointless!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sneaky George said:
Once in a while, when the home support has been really quiet this has been a good chant and a good bit of banter. But it's totally lost its impact because there are now some fans who sing this every away match for **cks sake! You know who you are.

Frankly, it's all getting a bit embarrassing. How on earth people could sing it at Spurs when the ground was full I don't know. Yes, we out sung them but " worst support" ? I don't think so.

Time to stop singing it.

:clap:

Absolutely, I just cringe whenever I hear this song. The first time was mildly amusing, because it was probably vaguely justified. Maybe a poor turnout, or the fans getting on the players back, but when we sing it to virtually full houses at Wolves at Spurs, it just makes us look like a bunch of knobs.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
RoyalAli said:
OH!
I thought it was us ?
:eek:

Don't worry mate! You're on the list. ;)

"JACKS"
"Oh you ungentlemanly fellow. I'm going to push you over now" or words to that effect!

Can't believe he i) fell for it in the first place ii) (over)reacted the way he did. :blush:

Return fixture should be entertaining after that and what with Sir Les joining your lot.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Without wishing to read through all of this thread, are there any songs left to sing ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
e77 - sit down, shut up!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
e77 said:
Without wishing to read through all of this thread, are there any songs left to sing ?

Yes, you can sing any song approved by the NSC PC police. Unfortunately, the only one approved is "stand up if you want Falmer" - but you must not stand up though! :censored:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
What a load of crap. Any song that makes some noise and pulls the support together is good in my book. Just because you don't like it. Who the f*** are you lot? The chant police. Some of you are so far up your own backsides. Do fans have to run their chants past NSC before they can do them now? Jeez.:shootself .
Rant over.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Rangdo said:
What a load of crap. Any song that makes some noise and pulls the support together is good in my book. Just because you don't like it. Who the f*** are you lot? The chant police. Some of you are so far up your own backsides. Do fans have to run their chants past NSC before they can do them now? Jeez.:shootself .
Rant over.

Personally I must say I can't get too worked up about chants !

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
e77 said:
Personally I must say I can't get too worked up about chants !

I don't get worked up other chants either. There are some I like and some I don't but if people want to get behind the team by singing them then good for them. What winds me up is that some people come across as thinking thay have been given the divine right decide on all things Brighton including, bizarrely, which chants should and shouldn't be sung.
If someone wants to show their support by singing a particular song then fine. If you don't like it don't join in but who is anyone on here to say which songs are and aren't appropriate (obvious ones excepted)?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't BELIEVE people can object to 'In your Northern Slums' it's a football classic. I also miss the days when we used to wave imaginary wads of money and sing "We've got jobs!" My all-time favorite though is still (to the tune of Blaydon Races):

"Goin' out on Sat'day night,
Get absolutely plastered,
Then come home and beat the wife,
'Cos I'm a Northern Bastard!"

Sadly I'm sure no Northerners reading this will feel insulted and belittled as they've got loads of reciprocal chants about effette southern pansies. It's football, it's life and I like the fans swapping insults.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here