Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

" Worst support we've ever seen" chant

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Pavilionaire said:
I agree with Sneaky George.

"Worst Support We've Ever Seen" and "Premiershit, You're Having A Laugh" just make us seen like a bunch of small-time tossers.

Every Spurs fan expected to beat us, and with the Albion match being sandwiched by Man Utd and Chelsea fixtures, they have more pressing matters on their mind.

I wouldn't say they played that badly, it's just that we played really well and would have given any Premiership team a run for their money.

I have to disagree. The Spurs fans we spoke to on the way to and from the game were giving it large about the cup saying that they were a cup side etc and were looking for it to be there best chnce of europe etc this season. They didn't say they were particularly quiet but that we made the most of our BIG day. One of them commented on the Premiershit havin a larf sayiong that on that performance it was fair comment (i didn't point out to him that we played out of our skins but you don't do you!)

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
GUNTER said:
Dont think it wins us many friends :nono:

I don't want to make friends.

Premeirshit you're having a laugh is embarrassing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yiddygerbil...what sort of excuse was that. I thought that Spurs we THE fa cup side and that's why it was a sell out.

A sell out and its like a library. What is it like when it's half empty.... the atmosphere must be electric.:shootself
#
And Withdean is so loud?

Paxtonlad

Nov 13, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Yiddygerbil...what sort of excuse was that. I thought that Spurs we THE fa cup side and that's why it was a sell out.

A sell out and its like a library. What is it like when it's half empty.... the atmosphere must be electric.:shootself

You seem to be a bit obsessed about the atmosphere at WHL, Saint Lennard. You've done little else but bang on about it for the past few days.

I'll repeat (hopefully it'll penetrate the fog that surrounds you this time): Spurs fans don't generally get vocal in games against lower division teams. They expect (wrongly) that our team should win comfortably and that it is the team's duty to inspire the fans in such games, rather than vice versa.

But Spurs fans are hardly unique in that sense, are we? Imagine that the team in 18th in League One, Colchester, went to the Withdean for a cup game and made your team look distinctly average for 90 minutes. Are you telling me that your support would have been persistent, loud and intimidating?

I think we all know that the answer to that is no. So just leave it and stop trying to prove a point that simply isn't there.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I apologise for touching a raw yid nerve. We made our point on Saturday didn't we. Iam not sure if you did but that's your bag i suppose.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:
The forts time we sang it was at Sheffield Wednesday 3/4 odd years ago when I think we drew 1-1 and they scored in the last minute ( or we may have lost 2-1)

The place was like a morgue

Ned was sat in the wednesday end being a bit of a "billy no mates":lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

That was the second to last game he went as a Wednesday supporter :lolol:
We were winning until the last minute and the Owls equalised.

Paxtonlad

Nov 13, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
I apologise for touching a raw yid nerve. We made our point on Saturday didn't we. Iam not sure if you did but that's your bag i suppose.

??

Eh? What are you talking about?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:

How can you have a go at other teams atmospheres?

You get told to shut up and sit down by fellow fans if you dare sing at withdean

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Small club in Arsenal" and "You're not a big club any more" are two more dodgy chants I forgot to mention...yep, they're fine if we've got Falmer and play to 20,000 plus, but until then they're just embarrassing.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Pavilionaire said:
"Small club in Arsenal" and "You're not a big club any more" are two more dodgy chants I forgot to mention...yep, they're fine if we've got Falmer and play to 20,000 plus, but until then they're just embarrassing.

Why? Both are spot-on. Neither compare them with us. Are you a closet yid, jumping to their defence all the time? ???

The acoustics sometimes con us into believing that we can be easily heard all over the ground, when all that is happening is that our noise is bouncing back off the roof above us.

Likewise, noise from outside our area simply fails to penetrate. It doesn't mean it's not there.

Withdean (with no roof over the South Stand) is exactly the opposite.

On the odd occasions that I've sat in the North Stand at Withdean, I've always been amazed at how noisy the South Stand sounds. Which is an experience I've never had in the South Stand itself.

On the pitch it sounds completely different, of course. A player told me the other week that they can hear every single moan that comes from behind the dug-outs. And it DOES affect them.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So spurs arnt a big club?
Not going to compair them to Liverpool newcastle chelsea utd etc as they are bigger. But they are the 18th richest club in the world, have a huge fan base accros the globe and sell out most home games and thats not big.

I thought our comments to the elite Prem players and fans were appropriate.

I am sorry but there were 30,000 Spurs fans there. They have no excuse they were crap in generating an atmosphere. Our songs were a piss take. So f*cking what. So now we can't take the piss.

Does it lose us friends? No?. Mindless scrapping will. But singing and good banter will not.

LC??? :angry:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
kinkygerbil said:
So spurs arnt a big club?
Not going to compair them to Liverpool newcastle chelsea utd etc as they are bigger. But they are the 18th richest club in the world, have a huge fan base accros the globe and sell out most home games and thats not big.

No, no longer a major team - even in London where the Gooners and Chelsea dwarf them!

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Pavilionaire said:
"Worst Support We've Ever Seen" and "Premiershit, You're Having A Laugh"

Why shouldn't we?? They were average at best (both supporters and team) so I think we were entitled to sing them, especially the latter as we dominated large parts of the game.

I do agree that it is sung with menotenous regularity at other games where it might be tongue in cheek.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Saint Lennard said:
[B
A sell out and its like a library. [/B]

Absolutely! We should have sang something along those lines??

But then again when you are forced to sit down and not enjoy yourselves with the jobsworth stewards, I suppose that's the end result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here