Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

" Worst support we've ever seen" chant

Paxtonlad

Nov 13, 2003
3gulls said:
Why? Both are spot-on. Neither compare them with us. Are you a closet yid, jumping to their defence all the time? ???

Spot on?

Well since you're being pedantic abouot it: there's not actually an area in north London called Arsenal (there's only a tube station), and while we may no longer be a big club, we're hardly a small club either, I don't see how that chant can be "spot on"! :D

Paxtonlad

Nov 13, 2003
3gulls said:
No, no longer a major team - even in London where the Gooners and Chelsea dwarf them!

Both much better teams than Spurs now, in the recent past and for the immediate future. No argument.

But in terms of support, Spurs are a bit smaller than Arsenal (had bigger support until early 90's) but still well ahead of Chelsea. You have to remember that it was only a few years ago that Chelsea were struggling to get more than 15,000 at home games. Buch of johnny-come-latelies. If ever there was a set of fans that didn't deserve a rich benefactor, it is them.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The atmosphere at the Boleyn was electric from the home support when you came there :shootself :lolol:

It was even worse (if it could get any worse) against Sheff utd on bank hol monday !!! :(

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
3gulls said:
No, no longer a major team - even in London where the Gooners and Chelsea dwarf them!

There are times when it's hard to believe some of the rubbish written on here. And this is one of those times. Spurs are no longer a major team? Arsenal and Chelsea dwarf them? Really?

Average attendances this season:

Chelsea: 41,818 (98.5% of their capacity)
Arsenal: 37,887 (98.4% of their capacity)
Spurs: 35,833 (98.8% of their capacity)

In terms of attendance rankings, Spurs are currently the 9th biggest team in the country. Only three clubs (Man Utd, Newcastle Utd and Portsmouth) get closer to filling their grounds for every game.

Spurs are a big, big club. End of.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Although it's tempting to moan about other clubs' home support when we are so loud away, but our equivalent is just embarassing. We're in no position to take the piss until we create something approaching an atmosphere at Withdean.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
There are times when it's hard to believe some of the rubbish written on here. And this is one of those times. Spurs are no longer a major team? Arsenal and Chelsea dwarf them? Really?

Average attendances this season:

Chelsea: 41,818 (98.5% of their capacity)
Arsenal: 37,887 (98.4% of their capacity)
Spurs: 35,833 (98.8% of their capacity)

In terms of attendance rankings, Spurs are currently the 9th biggest team in the country. Only three clubs (Man Utd, Newcastle Utd and Portsmouth) get closer to filling their grounds for every game.

Spurs are a big, big club. End of.

I think that you have overlooked one small point. You should look at tickets sold, not attendances. I'm sure that Chelsea and the gooners sell-out, but some fans don't bother going. On the other hand the yids are too tight not to use their tickets! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
3gulls said:
I'm sure that Chelsea and the gooners sell-out, but some fans don't bother going. On the other hand the yids are too tight not to use their tickets! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

What on earth is that supposed to be based on?

Lush

Mods' Pet
I find the "worst support we've ever seen" chant embarassing as it's obviously a big fat LIE, along with "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen." and "stayed with a big club" to any player/manager who's had the audacity to leave us (wasn't that sung at Yeates on Sat - I mean WTF?).

But since when has singing in support of your team (and against the opposition) been about telling the TRUTH?

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Must say that song i.e worst support we have ever seen is crap,also im getting bored with stand up if you want falmer,its bloody obvious we want falmer for christ sake grrrrrrrr.:shootself

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
mr turd said:
Must say that song i.e worst support we have ever seen is crap,also im getting bored with stand up if you want falmer,its bloody obvious we want falmer for christ sake grrrrrrrr.:shootself

'Stand up if you want Falmer' should be changed to 'Stand Up If you Want to Annoy the Stewards'.

Worse support I have seen this year were probably Watford, who didn't even celebrate when they scored.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
mr turd said:
also im getting bored with stand up if you want falmer,its bloody obvious we want falmer for christ sake

:lolol:

I've often wondered what the point is in chanting 'stand up if you want Falmer' at away grounds. I can understand using the chant during a televised game - it may give the stadium campaign a bit of national publicity then as the TV pundits may comment on it - but what is the point of chanting 'stand up if you want Falmer' at somewhere like Crewe for instance?

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's sad that a large number of Albion fans think that singing ANY song that takes the piss out of the opposition is funny, however inappropriate the song actually is.

If the Albion aspire to be a big club this minority of muppets better wise up, otherwise this club will be a laughing stock in the eyes of fans of any club currently bigger than us.

It's great that we get on so well with the Doncasters and Wrexhams of this world, but you couldn't blame the average Spurs, Wolves or West Ham fan for giving Tom Hark a miss.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Thats that sorted now then,no more stand up if you want falmer crap.We have done more than enough to warrant a f***ing stadium,but also we shouldn't even be doing this full stop.

New stadium shouldn't even be questioned full stop grrrrrrrr:drink:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
kinkygerbil said:
Its never quiet at whl sat was the first time i have been there and the home fans where quiet.
must have been because it was a cup game

Always been like a morgue when I've been there. Almost to scare to cough in case I wake the Spurts fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here