Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst film of ALL time

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's slightly unfair to call The Fast & The Furious the worst film ever, when you consider they made a sequel (or possibly two??).

Both were steaming turds as movies go, but to actually bother with a second was surely flogging the most decomposed of dead horses. I appreciate I am probably not in the target audience group, ie 17 year old boys who sit down Madeira Drive on a Friday night in their pimped up Peugeot 106s, revving their hairdryer-powered engines and doing donuts on the tarmac (until I come along and get their car towed away :lolol:), but still, come on!

I would also like to suggest Daredevil, starring a painfully wooden Ben Affleck as a blind man with superhuman powers of perception who- in a startlingly original plot- lives his life fighting evil in the hope of avenging his father's murder.

In terms of sheer bad acting, the world's most overused plot device and the most appallingly cliched dialogue/scriptwriting in history, this must surely be up there. The worst thing was, I saw it on an 8 hour transatlantic flight, and it happened to be on the only working TV channel
:(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Electric Dreams - the worst film ever made

*RECOILS*

Whhhaa ?

We are talking here about a computer that comes alive and develops its own quirky personality after having champagne spilt on the keyboard - it even sends a PAC MAN around the room chasing its owner. You just can't BUY that.

AND the title song from Human League is QUALLA.

Shocking choice, Cardboard.
Shocking.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls was pretty shit.

But not as shit as Pret a Porter, some pretentious load of old crap about the modelling industry, from some time around the early 1990s.

Oct 25, 2003
i-robot

one of the most predictable storylines of all time, laced with lashings of shit acting and a painful amount of product placement

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

But not as shit as Pret a Porter, some pretentious load of old crap about the modelling industry, from some time around the early 1990s.

ET was pretty shit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I have to agree there as well.
The bit where he pushes his way out of that rhinos arse naked in a "birth" scene made me laugh so hard I burst a blood vessel in my left eye.

I also enjoyed the bit where he is caught havign a wank.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hang on, is ET really about our lord and saviour Jebus Christ then?
Well there is a NOD to Jesus Chris, yes.

Thankfully, Gareth has kindly listed all those places in the film where sweet Jesus's tale is allegorised. I'm amazed you hadn't noticed before although to be fair Gareth does GUARANTEE that 90% of people hadn't either.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speed 2: Cruise Control?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Captain Correlli’s Mandolin (murdered a great book)

For the murder of a great book the oscar must go to Bonfire of the Vanities. At that time anyway it was a great book and I was really looking forward to the film. It was a stinker. Totally mis-cast and badly acted. They all knew it was going to be hopeless. Sooo disappointing. And there wasn't even any tit in it to compensate. And I like Melons Griffiths.

Also any film with Arnold the body-builder. Or any form of kung-fu.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Had the misfortune to watch Lethal Weapon:nono:
When the sequel came out a mate of mine suggested after a pint we go back and watch his pirate copy of Lethal Weapon 2, being full of beer etc. and thinking it couldn't be possible to make another one as bad as the first I agreed.:nono::nono:

Plus anything with Jim Carey in it.:nono::nono::nono:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Summer of Sam - In theory and I expected a story about a serial killer who terrorised New York in the mid 70's. As this was who the Son of Sam was
but the film somehow ended up about a man (who was not in any way relevant to the killings or the killer) and whether he should become a gay prostitute or not, instead of only being a gay stripper.:nono:

The film was about 2 hours long, utterly, utterly abysmal.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really terrible films are often 'vehicles' for someone, ie they would never have been made purely on merit, but have recruited a reluctant big star with loads of dosh, or are just cashing in.

If there is a worse film than Spice World, I haven't seen it. What was Richard E Grant thinking of.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If there is a worse film than Spice World, I haven't seen it. What was Richard E Grant thinking of.

In fairness though Tooting, you can hardly have been expecting Citizen Kane when you decided to watch that, now could you.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In fairness though Tooting, you can hardly have been expecting Citizen Kane when you decided to watch that, now could you.

Actually, I was expecting a post-modern...

No. But are we talking about bad relative to expectations (ie disappointing), or just plain how bad the film was. If it is the latter, I'm still in with a shot.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually, I was expecting a post-modern...

No. But are we talking about bad relative to expectations (ie disappointing), or just plain how bad the film was. If it is the latter, I'm still in with a shot.

True. It IS a worthwhile addition to this plethora of crud.
I think I vaguely remember watching it one Christmas afternoon, whilst slumped in a semi-comatosed alcoholic haze. I've always had a bit of a thing for Bunton, and was imagining strapping her to a domestic kitchen appliance and fumbling her jubblies. It just felt wrong somehow though.

Perhaps its the pigtails.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here