Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woods signing by buy the weekend

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Financially or facility wise they have absolutely no position of superiority over us at all. If he is going there then it is simply because Gus doesnt think he's worth paying as much as they do. What a lovely feeling.

Financially we are in the gutter compared to them. We are a lot better off than we have been for sure, but if it's money thats the decider they will outbid us every time they want. Murray went because he wasn't worth what he was asking for.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Financially we are in the gutter compared to them. We are a lot better off than we have been for sure, but if it's money thats the decider they will outbid us every time they want. Murray went because he wasn't worth what he was asking for.

Utter rubbish. Why would Saints have more cash than us? They were bankrupt 3 years ago, and are propped up by a wealthy (dead) backer, supported by the incomes generated by about 20k supporters exactly the same as us. They had more money last season because of income generated form a bigger stadium. We are now equal on those terms.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Er, what?

BILLIONAIRE investor.

One of the best youth acadamys around.

40,000 newish stadium.

Agreed though, Chelsea players already here and guaranteed at least a place on the bech/starting spot depending on form between him and Bridcutt so we do have something.

How do you know we don't have a Billionaire owner?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think you have to have a mix of proven and potential, we have to be realistic and say that we will not be able to bring in players with experience at this level for every position. In any case, history is littered with examples of people we have brought in who are unproven but go on to exceed expectations, the best example is probably Zamora, but in recent times Gus has shown that he can take someone like Murray and turn him into a better player than he was previously. Some players perform better under different managers, just a fact of life.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Utter rubbish. Why would Saints have more cash than us? They were bankrupt 3 years ago, and are propped up by a wealthy (dead) backer, supported by the incomes generated by about 20k supporters exactly the same as us. They had more money last season because of income generated form a bigger stadium. We are now equal on those terms.

Bankrupt 3 years ago, now have a billionaire's estate behind them. They will be able to outbid us, and the majority of every other team in the Championship for players.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bankrupt 3 years ago, now have a billionaire's estate behind them. They will be able to outbid us, and the majority of every other team in the Championship for players.

How do you know his "estate" is behind them? I dont believe that his family have ever said anything like that, just that the club would be secure.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
How do you know his "estate" is behind them? I dont believe that his family have ever said anything like that, just that the club would be secure.

last year in league 1 with 20k + average crowds they still run at a 7 million loss. That's unsustainable without a benefactor effectively paying the shortfall.

They haven't learned any lesson from admin, its still spend spend spend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So back on subject, does anyone know how good Woods is and actually seen him play a few games?!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
last year in league 1 with 20k + average crowds they still run at a 7 million loss. That's unsustainable without a benefactor effectively paying the shortfall.

They haven't learned any lesson from admin, its still spend spend spend.

I'd like to counter this, I think they have learnt an awful lot from going in to admin, mainly that they can overspend wildly and get away with it

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Nobody forced you to read it, let alone reply with such negativity. Some people actually enjoy the speculation.

When did your wife leave you??

Spot on, get pissed off with idiots that moan about transfer speculation on here.
Its all part of the fun & anticipation for our biggest season in a long time.
I guess if the negative people dont want any gossip/banter they should do one!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Some of you really do talk out your ass dont you.

you think you have more money then us? Nicola cortese has said on a handful of ocassions that we have full backing markus's family.
they have no intention of selling us and very much behind taking us to the premier league and staying in that league.

better facilitys? yes, you have a better stadium, yes you will fill it this season, but i can gurantee, no matter what happens this season, you wont fill it agian consistently.

when you say we have no money behind us, thats why the liebherr family are funding the multi million pound traing ground development.

and just to add, we have better fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here