Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdraw El Abd offer with immediate affect.

El Abd contract offer

• Withdraw with immediate affect and tell him to shove off

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Give him until the end of the week and then withdraw it

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Wait for another month and then decide

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Its obviously not good enough, increase the offer

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Quite, gentlemen, quite. A real no nonsense player wouldn't get involved in even a fraction of the shenanigans El Abd does. It's embarrassing at times. I'm proud to be a Brighton supporter, certainly over most of the pointless, dross outfits in this shit league we find ourselves in, but one thing that does make me truly embarrassed is Adam El Abd, our supposed 'hard man,' rolling across the turf as though he's just been SNIPERED, when in reality some idiot from Hartlepool or Luton has just entered his air space.

I thought you liked him now? Are you not just getting angry at him because hes being a ****? (which is good enough reason to be honest)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Oh don't be ridiculous, I've never "liked" him. Is it possible to like a player like El Abd? I admitted that after a long period of coupling his pathetic attitude with match-losing performances he did at least perform consistently for much of last season. I wouldn't say he played WELL, but he did cut out the mistakes and become fairly solid.

ha! ive been told

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, I do agree with you. Let's say I was playing for, ooh, Grimsby Town, for whom I have no affection. Obviously it would depend what I was already earning, but presuming that's not a lot I wouldn't exactly be delighted with little or no increase. I might even wait a few weeks to think things through. I think El Abd, who's effectively in this situation, is perfectly entitled to consider his options. However, there are two big problems with his case. Firstly, he's holding out until literally the last couple of weeks before his contract ends. Either way, he's not going to come out of this well, because if he stays it looks like a reluctant choice, and if he goes then you have to wonder why he couldn't have admitted he was off as soon as the Swansea game was over. Secondly, I don't think there's ANY chance Adam El Abd will get a better offer from a better club than us. He's simply not a championship player, and there seems little logic in him leaving his hometown for another league one club. He said something about his partner being pregnant and that being a reason for him not signing, but personally if my partner was pregnant (god forbid) the things I would deem most important are job security and a settled home, both of which he could have had by signing our contract weeks ago.

I agree with just about every word of that, though I don't think you need worry about Withdean Wanderer falling pregnant.

1066gull

I mean Fraser, I rate Fraser above Loft. Think Fraser can still do a good job at this level off the bench. Loft, is further back-up ahead of El-Abd

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, I do agree with you. Let's say I was playing for, ooh, Grimsby Town, for whom I have no affection. Obviously it would depend what I was already earning, but presuming that's not a lot I wouldn't exactly be delighted with little or no increase. I might even wait a few weeks to think things through. I think El Abd, who's effectively in this situation, is perfectly entitled to consider his options. However, there are two big problems with his case. Firstly, he's holding out until literally the last couple of weeks before his contract ends. Either way, he's not going to come out of this well, because if he stays it looks like a reluctant choice, and if he goes then you have to wonder why he couldn't have admitted he was off as soon as the Swansea game was over. Secondly, I don't think there's ANY chance Adam El Abd will get a better offer from a better club than us. He's simply not a championship player, and there seems little logic in him leaving his hometown for another league one club. He said something about his partner being pregnant and that being a reason for him not signing, but personally if my partner was pregnant (god forbid) the things I would deem most important are job security and a settled home, both of which he could have had by signing our contract weeks ago.

I hear what you are saying and would agree with it, personally. But there is room for a bit of gamesmanship to see if you can increase the offer on the table. I am sure most of us would try it. However, it is getting to the stage where he would be advised to sign otherwise he may well find himself on the fringes or another player ahead of him in the pecking order.

I guess it all boils down to how much one values themselves and whether one is able to squeeze more money out of the deal.

The last part you are working on the assumption that he is being offered a long contract. What if Brighton were only offering a year and he thinks he might be able to get two or three years at another club with only a relatively small upheaval?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
el abd is alright in defence, but really overrated in midfield

I thought he had a few good games there and was certainly a decent stand in if we are ever short in midfield. Walsall away springs to mind.

No
I trust Micky
No, but for midfield after a new signing we have Fraser and Loft as back-up who is better than El-Abd

Darren Carr.

However, there is room for both of them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The best El-Abd can hope for is a mediocre Championship side like Barnsley or Blackpool coming in for him, or maybe a desperate Leicester. Either way, why take the risk when you can stay at the Albion?

There's no reason to suppose the Albion will finish any lower than our 7th place finsh of last season, so it should be an exciting season, so what is he waiting for?

And has Micky mellowed in his old age? What happened to the man that said those immortal words "The train left the station and Rod Thomas wasn't on board".

f*** El-Abd if he wants to play brinkmanship. If we can attract Championship players like Richards, Whing, Westlake and Hawkins then who cares whether he stays or goes?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here