Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdraw El Abd offer with immediate affect.

El Abd contract offer

• Withdraw with immediate affect and tell him to shove off

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Give him until the end of the week and then withdraw it

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Wait for another month and then decide

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Its obviously not good enough, increase the offer

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just hope Adams doesn't hesitate on any potential signings while we carry on mincing round AeA and his agent waiting for them to decide what to do.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
If Adams needs to bring someone in he'll bring someone in. El Abd not signing yet is NOT going to destroy our pre-season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Is he a tosser? Do you know what he has been offered? Length? Salary? Promotion wage increase? Relegation wage drop? Bonuses? Too much FM?

We are not involved in the whole process. I am sure there is on going dialogue between El-Abd, his agent and the club. It is not as if he will have his phone turned off.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Not really the first friendlies start in 5 weeks and the season starts in a little over 2 months...

Which means we're not even halfway between the end of last season and the first friendly, and only about a third of the way through the close season. I don't see the need to rush, and I would suggest it would be unfair to withdraw an offer this early.

If, however, he is stalling, then the fact that we're already getting experienced Champ/League 1 players in now should make him think that we're serious about building a squad, with or without him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
since we dont know what the actual situation is, maybe we shouldn't stir it up?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well the offers been on the table for yonks now. We know how this usually pans out. We'll be getting the "won't be held to ransom" statements from the club soon. If he DOES sign it now, it looks like it'll be grudgingly, and it'll be because nobody else has come in for him. Hardly committed to the cause under those circumstances is he.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's under no obligation to sign it, but it really would be in his best interests to decide quickly. If MA's first dealings with him, leave MA feeling like he's been f***ed about, it won't enhance his prospects of flourishing under him.

He should imho, sign it and knuckle down. He'd do well under MA - he's his kind of no nonsense player.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Badge, hypothetically speaking, assume you were offered a contract renewal that did not offer an increase or indeed a very small increase. What would you do? If there was a chance that you could receive more money elsewhere for doing the exact same job, would you not hold back for a while and test the water?

I think we are in a very bad position to judge, seeing as most of us would PAY to play for Brighton.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Does the same go for Wilkins then?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't help but feel this "no nonsense" reputation El Abd has managed to build is really just a myth. He's certainly not my idea of a no nonsense player. How many CRUNCHING tackles do you see him win? How often does he sprint across half the pitch to fly in and win a tackle? How often does an opponent go down hurt after a collision with El Abd? How many times does he comfortably win a ball he really shouldn't?

More to the point how often does El Abd crash to the floor after having a 50/50 clutching his face trying to get a fellow pro booked or sent off. If we were talking about Elphick I would be incined to wait but Tommy signed up straight away even though he is FAR more marketable and a FAR better player than El Abd as Elphick is up for the fight. El Abd is not and can shove off as far as I am concerned.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't help but feel this "no nonsense" reputation El Abd has managed to build is really just a myth. He's certainly not my idea of a no nonsense player. How many CRUNCHING tackles do you see him win? How often does he sprint across half the pitch to fly in and win a tackle? How often does an opponent go down hurt after a collision with El Abd? How many times does he comfortably win a ball he really shouldn't?

And how many times does he go down clutching his face ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And then there's the small matter of giving the whole South Stand the Wanker sign.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Not sure if this is common knowledge but El Abd, Hammond and Fraser all share the same agent i believe.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not sure if this is common knowledge but El Abd, Hammond and Fraser all share the same agent i believe.

No doubt Fraser will be demanding 10 k a week soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here