Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdraw El Abd offer with immediate affect.

El Abd contract offer

• Withdraw with immediate affect and tell him to shove off

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Give him until the end of the week and then withdraw it

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • Wait for another month and then decide

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Its obviously not good enough, increase the offer

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be honest what with the recent news of contracts and players coming out of the club i would like to know what more he is being offered

BUT the liklihood is that DK won't up it and he and his agent have known about it for months now so basically a time scale should be put on it now so if he does go (which i'm hoping he doesn't) Micky can replace him ..

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
El Abd is not even that good. He appears to have lost the plot probably egged on by his agent. He is under the delusion he is better than he actually is, a disease rampant in the Albion ranks as fellow Albion players such as Savage, Hammond, Knight, Bertin , Cox, Harding have fallen ill with this disease. The
" overratedegoitis" needs to be treated and the cure is Micky Adams.

If I were Adams I would withdraw El Abd's contract offer with immediate affect and terminate his contract. He is worse now than Bertin. He obviously does not want to be a Brighton player anymore so frankly I do not want him here.

What would you do ?.

I would do exactly that, withdraw the contract. Why give him the option to either opt out or eventually decide he wants to stick with Brighton. He's not even a good player. Get rid of him.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It is getting a little out of hand now. El Abd is a League 1 player. For some reason he seems to have become extremely overrated this season. Yes, he had a good season but, there are so many other players out there who are similar to El-Abd. At centre-half he was decent. In the centre of midfield he offered very little. The role he played could have been done by many a player. It was simple and he did the bare minimum that was asked: Attempt to break-up play, sit in the hole and complete short passes.

I think Adams should come out and say something to try and provoke a reaction from El-Abd. If Adam really thinks he can get a better club then fine, he can tell Micky that and Dick can stick him on the transfer list. It's do or die time. We will really find out if Adam is fully committed to the cause. His versatility may be hard to replace which, anyway, was pretty mediocre. But his ability as a centre-half can definitely be replaced, especially with someone like Micky Adams in charge.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The best El-Abd can hope for is a mediocre Championship side like Barnsley or Blackpool coming in for him, or maybe a desperate Leicester. Either way, why take the risk when you can stay at the Albion?

?

I cant see any of those happening personally. He cut out the mistakes for the last 15 or so games before he got injured but before that was a liability. Wae were usually guareenteed one El-Abd cock up a game. Better free agents available than him, even for clubs like Barnsley and Blackpool.

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Obviously none of our players are paid enough and should be sold to Gretna.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Get rid of him. Someone pointed out a while back that he has not made any position his own in all his time here. That alone says a lot.

I dont buy the 'give 110%, heart-on-sleeve' stuff either. Guile is preferable to graft.

An overated player.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I find all this astonishing. If it was down to half of the posters on this sad old mothers meeting of a board we'd be down to about three players.

Cox is trouble - get rid
Kuipers can't kick - get rid
Fraser is ginger - get rid
El Abd is useless get rid
Elphick is overrated - sell
Murray is lazy - we were ripped off

Even Forster was getting abuse at times this season. I'd understand it of Leeds fans that were used to seeing the likes of Ferdinand, Woodgate, Lennon etc in recent years but we're Brighton and Hove Albion for god's sake. We're used to David Cameron, Aiden Newhouse and Darren Carr.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
In my books, he's blown hot and cold this season. But when he's hot, he's a great player at this level. Must be worth keeping on that potential.

Do we actually have any idea on what's happening with his contract?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Up to the manager at the end of the day but Id try and hurry him along a bit.

Worth giving him time to make the right decision though. Maybe he is waiting to see what sort of budget Adams is given and what sort of players he gets in to replace those released etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here