Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon - A disgrace

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think she is an arrogant yank for assuming both her and her sister MUST go on the show courts, there are NOT major seeds, only 7th and 23rd.

Exactly. She has been out injured for 49 WEEKS!!! 7th seed seemed a generous ranking to me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Exactly. She has been out injured for 49 WEEKS!!! 7th seed seemed a generous ranking to me.

The German who knocked out Na yesterday had a bad ankle injury, she dropped to 250 odd in the rankings and had to win at Nottingham (I think) to earn a wildcard, Serena (who, like her sister is to good to enter any other WTA events other than the majors in the last five years) didn't.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I really really cannot stand the Williams sisters. They are ugly and rude. Shows what a complete joke women's tennis is that they are very likely to get to the final then we'll have one of those awful carve-ups when their Dad will decide who wins this year. I cannot see any justification for the women getting paid any more than 2/3rds of the men's prize money given they are only playing best of 3 and not best of 5.

I really really cannot stand the Williams sisters. They are ugly and rude. Shows what a complete joke women's tennis is that they are very likely to get to the final then we'll have one of those awful carve-ups when their Dad will decide who wins this year. I cannot see any justification for the women getting paid any more than 2/3rds of the men's prize money given they are only playing best of 3 and not best of 5.

The women are actually paid much more than the menfolk.

It averages out that the Mens winner will be paid £900 per game and the Womens winner £1400.

At least that's what Stephen Fry said on Qi last night.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think she would be entirely justified if she just went home and did not play. This is an outrage for her and her sponsors.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The women are actually paid much more than the menfolk.

It averages out that the Mens winner will be paid £900 per game and the Womens winner £1400.

At least that's what Stephen Fry said on Qi last night.

I have no problem with the prize money being the same, men & women both train the same ampunt of time, give up the same things growing up etc. - As Mr Fry said, though, becauase the only play 3 sets max they can then go and play in the doubles to earn more.

On a purely tennis note, I much prefer the 5-set mens format, in the really good matches you have the potential for far more tempo swings during the game. Showing my age, I know, but one of the best matches I can remember was Borg against one of the Amritraj brothers where the match went back and forth for the entire 5 sets.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Generous Serena gives time for cancer victim

Shame on you.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ridiculous behaviour from Serena, she's acting like a spoilt brat. Like a previous poster pointed out, the #1 seed Wozniacki is on Court 2.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some players have class, some don't. The Williams Brothers have no class.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My GOD. Possibly the greatest Google search I've ever done. :drool:

oh god this.

I really really cannot stand the Williams sisters. They are ugly and rude. Shows what a complete joke women's tennis is that they are very likely to get to the final then we'll have one of those awful carve-ups when their Dad will decide who wins this year.

and this (apart from maybe the 'ugly' remark which is, of course, a matter of taste).

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Spoilt bitch, for her comments she should be booted out to court 16 or something like that. Those two sisters have totally ruined the womens game IMHO, it's no longer about finesse, its power power power........and they're both pig f***ing ugly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How does meeting a cancer victim prove you have class? The Krays gave their time and money generously to the poor and sick, nobody said they were classy.

Maybe Ryan Giggs should get down to the nearest hospice, that will make everything alright.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Spoilt bitch, for her comments she should be booted out to court 16 or something like that. Those two sisters have totally ruined the womens game IMHO, it's no longer about finesse, its power power power........and they're both pig f***ing ugly.

So, because they're better than anyone else and you don't fancy them, they've ruined the game - that's their fault is it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here