at home
I rememeber that:eek: :eek: :eek:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
tedebear said:
Yes boss :angel: :cool:

Strangely enough anyone remember Pauline Hanson in Australia? I hope the BNP go the same way!!

I think the BNP are here to stay more in the line of the Front National then Pauline Hanson's organisation

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
coventrygull said:
I think the BNP are here to stay more in the line of the Front National then Pauline Hanson's organisation

Probably but there are certainly similarities with her One Nation party..

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Was she a big George Clinton Fan? Did she give birth to those dicks that done mmmbop? If so I hope she got lynched.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
tedebear said:
Probably but there are certainly similarities with her One Nation party..

True there are simlarities to the One Nation Party but Nick Griffins mentor is Le Pen, hence the numerous meetings between the two.

It is quite interesting that a lot of the hardline racist have left the BNP and see Griffin as selling out.

E

enigma

coventrygull said:
True there are simlarities to the One Nation Party but Nick Griffins mentor is Le Pen, hence the numerous meetings between the two.

It is quite interesting that a lot of the hardline racist have left the BNP and see Griffin as selling out.

Bruno Megret did a BNP style move on Le Pen in France, I did this for my A-Level. He tryed to take his new party slightly more into the mainstream and tone down some of the language, but they were unsuccesful as he didnt have the charisma of Le Pen. All that happened was that they divided the vote and weakened the right, although I havent seen any recent stats.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
There'll be Rivers of Blood,I remind 'ee.Keep out all these non Brits.What did the Romans,Angles Saxons Jutes Picts Celts ever do for this great country of ours,eh?Kick 'em all out.Send them back home,what?

Bugger off racists.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Mr Burns said:
As I said I am for immargration. If someone wants to work here, live here and pay for it, fine, come on board. I'm against Asylum, as we do not border any countries where Asylum seekers should flee from. If as you say the policy isn't being handled correctly, to me that means it should be changed. Why have a policy you can't implent. If it doesn't/cannot be made to work, change it.

What exactly have you got against refugees ( I refuse to use the abhorent term "asylum seekers").

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
As the original question mentioned Sussex, I thought I'd mention that here in Hastings we have three BNP candidates for election (1 in Hollington - the ward of Michael Foster MP, the other 2 in Tressle ward).

It will be interesting to see what level of support they get.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Harold said:
As the original question mentioned Sussex, I thought I'd mention that here in Hastings we have three BNP candidates for election (1 in Hollington - the ward of Michael Foster MP, the other 2 in Tressle ward).

It will be interesting to see what level of support they get.

me thinks quite high

Black N Tan said:
I read in the paper today a poll has estimated the BNP will get 20% of the vote nationally and 25% in London. The poll was conducted in all areas, not only the ones that suffer with immigrants and asylum seekers. I just wondered how the fair people of Sussex, who are fairly well cocooned from the real world, feel about this. Would you vote BNP yes or no?

Later you state that the poll was done in 26 Local Authorities, firstly that's less than 10%of all of them, in London alone there is 32.

Considering over 25% of the population is Black and other ethnic minorities in London, and in boroughs like mine its more around 55%. I doubt the BNP will get anything like the above figures. The lack of any BNP presence in the majority of London is most welcome. The party targets white working class areas with a relative small ethnic population. Such as Barking in London and Basildon outside of LOndon.

LC

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Voroshilov said:
What exactly have you got against refugees ( I refuse to use the abhorent term "asylum seekers").

What is abhorent about the term asylum seekers?

They have sought asylum under the 1951 Geneva Convention which gives the Government an obligation to consider that request.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
What is abhorent about the term asylum seekers?

They have sought asylum under the 1951 Geneva Convention which gives the Government an obligation to consider that request.

I find it abhorant because it is such a negative label. It is a label that presumes guilt and is part of the trend in recent years to dehumanise and vilify anyone who arrives in the UK seeking our help.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Voroshilov said:
I find it abhorant because it is such a negative label. It is a label that presumes guilt and is part of the trend in recent years to dehumanise and vilify anyone who arrives in the UK seeking our help.

It's only the media that has given it that negative label, becuase 5-6 years ago there was a huge problem with the asylum system. People applied knowing that they had no chance of being given refugee status but a very good chance that there case wouldn't be looked at for years and then let to stay becuase they had been there so long.

Not so much of a problem now. The asylum system isn't abused so much because people know that there case will be dealt with very quickly and they only get the barest minimum to live on.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
enigma said:
Bruno Megret did a BNP style move on Le Pen in France, I did this for my A-Level. He tryed to take his new party slightly more into the mainstream and tone down some of the language, but they were unsuccesful as he didnt have the charisma of Le Pen. All that happened was that they divided the vote and weakened the right, although I havent seen any recent stats.

The FN vote did slump with the Megret split and there are still problems with the FN on who should succed Le pen when he goes.

As with the BNP. Griffin has done well to fend off attacks on his leadership from the far right and the moderate end. It will be interesting to see if the BNP did grow how much longer Griffin woud last. I think at long last politics is going to get interesting. All we need now is the new workers party to take off and we can really have something to argue about :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here