Votes: 26 24.5%

• Total voters

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: Will You Still Go TO Withdean If

Finchley Seagull said:
What a stupid question. I thought you supported the team and not the manager. It just proves that some people on here would rather we fail while McGhee is manager just to prove a point.

No matter who is manager, I would still watch Brighton even if I was totally opposed to them.

We've already started to fail with Magoo as manager.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wanderer said:
I wouldnt let any issue I had with a Manager stand in the way of supporting the club I love. I will still be supporting the Albion long after McGhee goes, whenever that is, and to me, it's about the Club, not the manager, or even the players.

I share that view and would add that it's not about the ground either. Much as I dislike Withdean I wouldn't refuse to go for that reason. As you say, it's about supporting the Albion, regardless.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

Gullsworth said:
true fan then!

It took a while but I just KNEW it would happen :clap2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Re: Re: Will You Still Go TO Withdean If

gerbil said:
We've already started to fail with Magoo as manager.

Do people realise how few seasons we have had in the top two divisions in our history. Falmer may make us a Championship Club but we are a League One club historically. Why would you regard carrying on with this as a failure while we are at Withdean.

Most Albion supporters I know felt we would go straight back down after the play off final so staying up in 2004/05 was a great achievement. Last season we lost Virgo and Harding and spent limited money in replacing them (and it is limited compared to other teams at Championship level). We were also pre season favourites to go down so why are you surprised that we were relegated.

Anyway, even if we have failed and I blamed McGhee as you do, I would still go to watch the club I support whoever was manager.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
gerbil said:
DK decides to keep Magoo on?

Personally I won't go to another home game all the time the clown is in charge.

and what if we do really well next year?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

Richard Whiteley said:
and what if we do really well next year?

Well that sort of negates the question because to do well we'd have had to get shot of Magoo.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
tommy boy said:
bless you kev

you are FUNNY

i'll be in newcastle so i doubt i'll get to many home games, mostly go to carlisle/yorkshire/lancashire away games
That's most of the away games in div.1:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
SI 4 BHA said:
As to those who say ok, who should we get in his place, who'd heard of Watfords manager a year ago, so I think there will be plenty of candidates to replace him.

How many Boothroyd type appointments are there in professional football that are succesful? i.e. First job championship or above? Not many....

Watford were underachieving before Boothroyd got the job. They have got a very good squad with some talented youngsters....

They sold Helguson for £1.3m, but they have been able to spend £1.3m on a whole clutch of championship players.

You can't even begin to compare the two clubs on that front.

What happened last time we replaced a departing manager with an 'unknown'?

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Re: Will You Still Go TO Withdean If

gerbil said:
It took a while but I just KNEW it would happen :clap2:

I think that was a dig at me gerbil.

water... ducks.... back...

:D

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003

Perry Milkins said:
I hate to say this Gerbs but we all need to consider the bigger picture and support the club that is Brighton and Hove Albion. The club that has made my laugh, cry and cuss all in equal measures. The club that forms the backbone of most of my sporting memories.

McGhee, Dick Knight, Leon Knight, Peter Ward, Kit Napier, Peter Taylor are all passing phases in the evolution of the club. The Goldstone, Withdean and Falmer too. Promotions, Cups and the numerous relegations as well.

I understand that your view emanates from your passion for the club, however, use that passion to cheer on the Blue and White. Those colours flow through your veins. You know it.

For all, for Albion!!

He supports west Ham anyway!! claret and blue blood maybe!!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Icy Gull said:
Not voting on such a ridiculous and slanted McGhee hater poll :salute:

OH NO call the poll off!!!

Icy Gull is refusing to vote.

Now we'll never get a true representation of what people think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I'll go and watch them if Voldemort himself were in charge.
I can't help it......It's like a drug.
Anyway, what if 'we' decided that 'we' weren't going to go, revenue drops, more excuses for poor performance, McGhee get out clause sorted.
At least by attending you can have your say, be it good or bad.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well so far 25% of fans feel strong enough to vote with there feet - i really do hope Dick has done his homework on this one before letting him be manager for the remainder of his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here