Votes: 80 75.5%
  • No he's a clown

Votes: 26 24.5%

• Total voters

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
BarrelofFun said:
He was right that it was an irrelevent 'result' that doesn't mean that he would forgive the performance. I think we are underestimating how hard it hit our young squad when they were relegated.

Falling out with players. I would rather hear about it, than find out Knight has been sold or Kuipers has been shipped out for the reasons than a wall of silence. A tough stance must be taken, as youth teamers learn a lot from their peers, and an example must be set.

There are a proportion of fans that expected us to push on from last season, which was always going to be more difficult.

Don't get me wrong. I am not leaving McGhee blameless, but it has been a difficult season for all concerned and there is bound to be unrest. I would rather give McGhee a chance and see if he can turn this around, before spending money to pay him off. Money that we clearly don't have at the moment. He has got us up before and he has got other teams up before. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Totally agree, what we need is a manager with a proven record of getting teams out of league one and MM has that.

He has made mistakes this season but he should be allowed put that right

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mouldy Boots said:
If people do voting with there feet surely the board has got it wrong.

I am not a quitter but he has to change massively and any fans thinking of giving him one last chance will be shouting for his head early on if thing go wrong - we need a new start imo.
Albion til i die.

:ascarf:

If they vote with their feet, then the board will have to consider their position. Their hand will be forced, as it were. I just think that people have unrealistic targets and this season was a struggle. There are bound to be upsets and if people are not pulling their weight, then they should not be part of the team. I will want McGhee sacked if we are languishing at the wrong end of the league after 15 games at the most, but until then they deserve support to keep the ship afloat.

D

Deleted member 2719

DAMANCLAY said:
How long have you followed the club? Ive followed them for about 3 and a half years (im only 18) and I cant imagine not going to football every other Saturday. Regardless of the manager, the players and to an extent the board. They only way I would not attend is if it is for the good of the club.
I think all your doing is harming the club, you dont have to support the manager but you can support the team and the club financially.

EDIT: Sorry MB saw the comment about A and K so ignore the financially part, still alot of people dont like the manager but I think its a poor reason not to go just because of that.

I have followed the club for 30 years i am now 42.

I played football for 20 years so was only able to see matches in the evenings and in august and end of april/may and any games we had postponed.
I understand the not ever wanting to miss game as that is mainly what i have done for 30years saturday is football day.

As a younger chap can i say i was never as direct as i am now - i have played under and seen many managers including being one myself there are many styles of management and MM is one i am not a lover of maybe i have this call wrong but i feel not.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i hate mcghee, but the club needs the money and the support

D

Deleted member 2719

blockhseagull said:
But Coppell and Taylor before him were not vocal either

No you right but they were tactical managers and it works for them - i don't put MM in there league.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Mouldy Boots said:

As a younger chap can i say i was never as direct as i am now - i have played under and seen many managers including being one myself there are many styles of management and MM is one i am not a lover of maybe i have this call wrong but i feel not.

Im not saying that your wrong, im just saying that the club and yourself shouldn't suffer just cause you dont like a manager. The club will be here a lot longer than the players and managers.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Mouldy Boots said:
No you right but they were tactical managers and it works for them - i don't put MM in there league.

So in many ways he can't win.

He got us promoted and kept us up last season so i think he deserves another season.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
gerbil said:
DK decides to keep Magoo on?

Personally I won't go to another home game all the time the clown is in charge.

I hate to say this Gerbs but we all need to consider the bigger picture and support the club that is Brighton and Hove Albion. The club that has made my laugh, cry and cuss all in equal measures. The club that forms the backbone of most of my sporting memories.

McGhee, Dick Knight, Leon Knight, Peter Ward, Kit Napier, Peter Taylor are all passing phases in the evolution of the club. The Goldstone, Withdean and Falmer too. Promotions, Cups and the numerous relegations as well.

I understand that your view emanates from your passion for the club, however, use that passion to cheer on the Blue and White. Those colours flow through your veins. You know it.

For all, for Albion!!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: Will You Still Go TO Withdean If

Perry Milkins said:
I hate to say this Gerbs but we all need to consider the bigger picture and support the club that is Brighton and Hove Albion. The club that has made my laugh, cry and cuss all in equal measures. The club that forms the backbone of most of my sporting memories.

McGhee, Dick Knight, Leon Knight, Peter Ward, Kit Napier, Peter Taylor are all passing phases in the evolution of the club. The Goldstone, Withdean and Falmer too. Promotions, Cups and the numerous relegations as well.

I understand that your view emanates from your passion for the club, however, use that passion to cheer on the Blue and White. Those colours flow through your veins. You know it.

For all, for Albion!!

I'm filling up now :cry: :cry: :cry:

D

Deleted member 2719

DAMANCLAY said:
To be honest if your that stubborn its quite sad. Did you see the Plymouth game this season? That was most likely the best game performance wise ive seen in a long long time, So if MM gets us into the premier league playing like Bolton you would not come and watch?

No i can't comment on the Plymouth game this season a few results don't make a season.

You may feel i am stubborn but i am not a dreamer.

MM and premier league can not be used in the same sentence. :shootself

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Will You Still Go TO Withdean If

Perry Milkins said:

For all, for Albion!!

I think I have a tear in my eye after that rousing speach.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: Re: Re: Will You Still Go TO Withdean If

Perry Milkins said:
and I didn't get to the bit about fighting them on the beaches etc..

Just make sure you give old Spanker a slap Friday night :lolol: :drink:

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Mouldy Boots said:
No i can't comment on the Plymouth game this season a few results don't make a season.

You may feel i am stubborn but i am not a dreamer.

MM and premier league can not be used in the same sentence. :shootself

Im fully aware of the fact the a few results dont make a season I was just asking if you had seen the attractive football we played in that game.

Im not a dreamer im realistic, Premier league is not something I expect until well after we get Falmer. Maybe not even in my lifetime.

D

Deleted member 2719

blockhseagull said:
So in many ways he can't win.

He got us promoted and kept us up last season so i think he deserves another season.

I respect your loyalty we will only know if who is right if he can now reshape the squad which will be his team and then take us to success in the next year with a average budget.

D

Deleted member 2719

DAMANCLAY said:

Premier league is not something I expect until well after we get Falmer. Maybe not even in my lifetime.

Yes i feel we will make the Premier league one day it's the with MM thing i just find amusing.

:lolol:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Haven't voted as I really can't make up my mind on this one. Haven't renewed season ticket for the first time at Withdean. Been a regular since 1970 so far more bad days than good over that period but there's just something about McGhee I really can't stand! I can't see the board giving him a realistic budget as he clearly doesn't have their full support. I'm really not looking forward to him being in charge for another year, but in the end I guess I'll still go most weeks, if only to avoid going to Asda with the wife!

As to those who say ok, who should we get in his place, who'd heard of Watfords manager a year ago, so I think there will be plenty of candidates to replace him. I know he's got teams up from league 1 before, but both ourselves and Reading were far better teams then than the current squad so I don't think it's that relevant that he has done ok in the past. Everyone knows, including MM himself, that he's only staying because we can't afford to sack him!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
gerbil said:
DK decides to keep Magoo on?

Personally I won't go to another home game all the time the clown is in charge.

What a stupid question. I thought you supported the team and not the manager. It just proves that some people on here would rather we fail while McGhee is manager just to prove a point.

No matter who is manager, I would still watch Brighton even if I was totally opposed to them.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Rarely get to Brighton these days,but have had some luck in getting home tickets when I do.Spect this will be easier now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here