Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you see another tory government in your lifetime?

Will we see another Tory government in our lifetime?

• No. Gordon is taking us to a better place and it isnt the local Conservative club.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Yes. I am 94 years of age.

Votes: 45 67.2%

• Total voters

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
because Labour are perfect :bla:

no but better than a tory government would be you obviousy did'nt have to live and work under the last one

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
no but better than a tory government would be you obviousy did'nt have to live and work under the last one

I never said The Torys were perfect. Do you not think its time for a change?

When Labour came to power in 1997 it was my last year of school.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
for a start why be selective in quoting the wintertons / why no mention of ed balls and yvette cooper?

neil kinnock
glenys kinnock
their 2 children
peter mandelson
geoffrey robinson
tony blair/bernie ecclestone
lord levy
cash for peerages
hinduja brothers
david blunkett

and there is more if i could be bothered to look it up.

Robin Cook left his wife for his secretary/mistress
Two Jags had two shags, three houses and goodness knows what else.
Cherie Blair had 2 flats brought for her by known crook Peter Foster, plus her relationship with Carole Caplin and the fact that she gained huge fees for speeches on the fact that she was the PM's wife.

Also never forget Alistair Campbell and David Kelly.

There are a few more just off the top of my head. Labour are just as bad as the Tory's. It is power that corrupts, not political leanings.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Cherie Blair had 2 flats brought for her by known crook Peter Foster, plus her relationship with Carole Caplin and the fact that she gained huge fees for speeches on the fact that she was the PM's wife.

There are a few more just off the top of my head. Labour are just as bad as the Tory's. It is power that corrupts, not political leanings.

I agree, to a point. There are some good politicians out there. They are just buried in the dirt.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Providing the world doesn't end in 2012 then of course we'll see another Conservative government.

Fatigue is a global problem for parties who have occupied power for 10 years plus and is not easy to combat, therefore change WILL occur.

What annoys me about the Tories is their lack of coherent vision or creation of new, radically different policies. They are offering very little in the way of change and will do little more than tinker. Will crime, drugs, NHS, education REALLY change that much under Cameron?

Labour yesterday admitted cannabis should not have been downgraded from B to C and will change it back. This issue is microcosm of how the politicians haven't got a clue, and I'm fed up with namby-pamby approaches to the big issues of the day.

It's almost as if they've given up and admitted the economy is run by the USA and our day-to-day laws are run by Brussels so there's bugger al anyone in the UK can do about it.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

In fact looking at it Blair had quite a web around him.

His Home Secretary (David Blunkett) had a child with some married American woman.
His Foreign Secretary (Robin Cook) was running of with his secretary/mistress.
His actual Deputy Prime Prime Minister (John Prescott) was shagging his secretary
The real Deputy Prime Minister (Alistair Campbell) connived a character assasination of David Kelly which led to Kelly commiting suicide
His wife was up to numerous shennagins that abused her privelidge as being the PM's wife

That leaves only his Chancellor, Gordon Brown whom spent the ten years or so constantly trying to topple him!

Aren't Labour just as bad as the Tories?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
In fact looking at it Blair had quite a web around him.

His Home Secretary (David Blunkett) had a child with some married American woman.
His Foreign Secretary (Robin Cook) was running of with his secretary/mistress.
His actual Deputy Prime Prime Minister (John Prescott) was shagging his secretary
The real Deputy Prime Minister (Alistair Campbell) connived a character assasination of David Kelly which led to Kelly commiting suicide
His wife was up to numerous shennagins that abused her privelidge as being the PM's wife

That leaves only his Chancellor, Gordon Brown whom spent the ten years or so constantly trying to topple him!

Aren't Labour just as bad as the Tories?

And of course not forgetting Blair himself. Whom commited probably the worst sin any Prime Minister could make and has ever made.

He took this country to war on a lie.

i.e that Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction

which they did not.

This LIE led DIRECTLY to the death of hundreds of British troops and probably thousands of Iraqi's.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As Al Murray once said:

"The Scots are alright, they work for us now".

I believe that Cameron would have ended up going to war with Iraq if presented with the same circumstances as Blair because the Tories had the same 'lapdog' relationship with the USA.

I hope that Brown has the balls to move closer to Europe and away from the USA and end this bastardised "special relationship" that we no longer enjoy in reality.

The USA have f***ed us over on Afghanistan and Iraq and now with these subprime mortgages, failure to act decisively etc. I'm sure Obama will get in and do better, but the Republican machine is so strong they will always be there wielding power and influence.

What have any of these got to do with being a millstone?

as in some of the above posts, as has been stated already, they are net takers rather than contributors to the exchequer, what more do you want me to f***ing say ?

I think you initially contended that the Scots are a millstone around english necks. The exchequer is a UK, not an English, institution.
What about Wales and Northern Ireland - millstones as well?

bojans right foot

Mar 2, 2008
If gordon was the mastermind you think he is why did he not put some plans together when Northen rock went bust . To stop other banks going bust

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think you initially contended that the Scots are a millstone around english necks. The exchequer is a UK, not an English, institution.
if the majority of them want to , why not , especially the welsh, whinging , whining, sheep shagging , male voice choir, max boyce " i know i was there " , pit village wankers.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
if the majority of them want to , why not , especially the welsh, whinging , whining, sheep shagging , male voice choir, max boyce " i know i was there " , pit village wankers.

You should be a poet, you have a loverly way with words.:thumbsup:

If the majority of them(?) want to what?
The question I asked is whether (and how) you think that Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are millstones around english necks in the context that the exchequer, something you introduced, is a UK institution.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If the majority of them(?) want to what?
The question I asked is whether (and how) you think that Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are millstones around english necks in the context that the exchequer, something you introduced, is a UK institution.
are you being deliberately obtuse ? we ( the english) are net contributors, the others are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here